I'm getting started with prayer beads...

HisHomeMaker

Reading the Bible in 2011. Join me!
Nov 1, 2010
http://www.christianforums.com/f235/
✟8,461.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I made one last weekend. After using it a few times I decided to take it apart and to restring it with seed beads as spacers between the week beads so they would feel better in my hands. I've never made anything with beads before, but this was fairly easy and fun. My daughter made one, too.

Upvote 0

Nafe

Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2010
✟26,062.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
The beads I purchased arrived and I didn't really realise that they were actually that short. It feels ok in my hands but if i wish to take it with me, it has to travel in my pocket.

I am thinking of making one with bigger spacing so I can wear it around my neck when I am out and about.

Upvote 0

HisHomeMaker

Reading the Bible in 2011. Join me!
Nov 1, 2010
http://www.christianforums.com/f235/
✟8,461.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Last night when I finished restringing my beads I asked Hubby to pray with me. It was a long shot, he never prays with me, but I felt I should ask him. As always, he said no. He asked me to come to bed so I just climbed in with the beads in my hand. There was a nasty storm outside and two of our four local tv channels were off line so on the bedroom set Hubby selected a tv movie -- in progress -- with an actress he recognized and I just fiddled with my beads to see if the new design pleased me. That's when the woman in the movie was meeting with a priest; they prayed with me.

Upvote 0

Seek 2 Pray

Feb 12, 2011
Alabama
✟15,150.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I am new to the forum, but not to prayer beads. I have used traditional RC beads since high school (umm, many years now) and Anglican beads for several years. I bought a couple of books and read online prayer suggestions too.

For the Anglican beads, one of my favorites is an excerpt from St. Patrick's Breastplate. I love the image of Christ being all around me, and these words, "Christ is quiet, Christ in danger, Christ in hearts of all who love me, Christ in mouth of friend and stranger..."

Reactions: Drax
Upvote 0

Drax

Dominate
Oct 6, 2010
✟8,531.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I am new to the forum, but not to prayer beads. I have used traditional RC beads since high school (umm, many years now) and Anglican beads for several years. I bought a couple of books and read online prayer suggestions too.

For the Anglican beads, one of my favorites is an excerpt from St. Patrick's Breastplate. I love the image of Christ being all around me, and these words, "Christ is quiet, Christ in danger, Christ in hearts of all who love me, Christ in mouth of friend and stranger..."

Welcome! :):D And that's really cool. I've been thinking of starting this practice myself for Lent this year.

And St. Patrick's Breastplate is awesome, isn't it? Simply amazing!

Upvote 0