I'll be first.

tonytech

Jul 16, 2003
Liverpool
Visit site
✟7,711.00
Faith
Christian
Well I may as well be the first in here, I'm sure I wont be alone for long.
I am separated 22 months now.
I was married for 13 years 364 days (yes my 'wife' told me she wanted out on the eve of our anniversary.)
I've come back to GOD since our separation and am still struggling with solicitors and demands for money.
Thats enough for now.
Tony

Warrior Poet

A Legendary Outlaw
Jun 25, 2003
Sunny SoCal, In a city named after a fruit. Cake.
✟17,965.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
hmmm ill go second. ( and you werent alone for long)
I have been divorced for 4 months she "officialy" left, 368 days ago.
Was married for 1.5 years, together for 7.
Come back to God since, struggle with late night theological studies and "love".
Thats enough for now.

Warrior Poet

Upvote 0

~PICKLE~

Ready For Anything
Jan 17, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I met my first husband 10 years ago. I tought I was in love, we married when I was 19. HE was from Bangladesh and e was muslim, at the time it did not bother me, like I said I thought I was in love. We married while my parents were in Hawaii, so no one know except for us. Then came time for us to go to the INS. Scary, let me tall you. Anyways Our marriage was a shambles from the beginning. He was never home and his money was his money, I had to go to my parents for money. He was very controling abot who I hung out with and who I talked to. And he thought he could hit me when he wanted. I took it as long as I could. I then found out that he was at topless bars and hiring women for himself. That was it, he hit me one last time when I confronted him about it, I beat him up with my hair dryer-- hee hee. I had taken it for 1 1/2 years, I wasn't gonna let him do it again. I left that night and never returned. Come to find out he only married me to stay here in this country. I know God says divorce is wrong, but in this kind of situation, I'm sure he thinks I made the right decision. Now I am remarried and my husband helps me deal everyday with the abuse I withstanded from my 1st.

Reactions: LadyBird
Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I was married for almost ten years. Lived with her for a 1 1/2 before getting married. We had our ups and downs. Lost a baby to SIDS, two miscarriages, dealt with a psycho mother-in-law, oppressive living conditions, instability. Lived below poverty with next to nothing. We had our happy moments when we got along, or when we went on trips, or went out by ourselves, carnivals, etc. Got married young and had two kids. We held together threw it all. We were a team when faced with oppression from the outside. We always stood together and we always held our ground.

It was rocky, though, because I had an illness I didn't know about but we both were fighting our way through it. My moods ranged from hyper and angry to depressed and sullen. I wasn't able to keep a job as a result. She left 4 times before I ended up in the hospital due to attempted suicide. There they found out I had a bipolar illness.

She came back several months later, miraculously (that's a story in itself). While the doctors and other professionals tried to stabilize me, we fought through our issues of marriage. Confrontations. Control. Money. Headship. Anger. Laziness. Insecurity. Jealousy. Abandonment. Things I won't even repeat. I was often gone from early in the morning until late at night with business, drinking, or going over to see friends so she got lonely. Eventually she became unfaithful and had affairs in my house and on the internet.

Finally, she'd had enough and disappeared with the children. After discovering her plans to move to Michigan to some man from the internet, I had a court order issued to stop her. It was only then that I found out where they were. A lengthy court battle followed, which is where I picked up a fair bit of Family Law knowledge. I eventually ended up with the children. One year later I got sole custody, primary residence.

We have been separated for 2 years now, and I blocked her phone number out of the phone as she was becoming a nightmare to deal with. We aren't divorced yet.

I freely admit that I contributed my share to the problem. I've walked the path and I learned from it. I've come a long way since then. If I can use what I learned to help just one person, then it was all worth it.

Upvote 0

SelfProtect

Oct 20, 2003
Houston
✟7,965.00
Faith
Christian
I was in a 13 year marriage/relationship. My now ex-h had many affairs the worst was with a women for 7 years and I continually caught him. We have 2 children ages 10 and 11. It has made me into the woman I am today, and that I am grateful for. I am much more emotionally healthy and stable. My life is drama free now. I've been divorced a little over a year. I can't depend on my ex for anything, God is my source not him. I love my ex and forgive him but I just choose not to be with him. I have recently seen signs that I still have bitterness and resentment towards him and I 'm asking the Lord to remove that. My head has been way over it for a long time but apparantly my heart has not fully recovered. My ex is moving 4 hours a way in March. Too bad, soo sad for my kids but we will survive. He is shocked and hates me for divorcing him (unbelievable...)

I'm so glad this board is here now.

Upvote 0

Follower of Christ

Literal 6 Day Creationist<br />''An Evening and a
Mar 12, 2003
✟7,754.00
Faith
Christian
Divorced twice over wives and their adultery.

The first lasted 3 years before I had to start sleeping with a gun under the pillow over the wifes ....uh.....''friends'' and the possibility of being killed in the night. On top of the possibility of her promicuity causing some life altering disease....

The second lasted 13 years.
she decided to find her a real christian man to make her happy............too bad it wasnt the one she was married to......
Id like to take the blame for this a little, but after being used and abused for 13 years, her adultery was my ticket out of hell.

I guess I was a little neglectful at times in the end.

Maybe it was related to her ditching me alone for 4+ hours in the basement to take care of her mom upstairs.........oh geez........I left out the part that I was completely paralyzed from the neck down for 6 months and could barely even yell for help as I was falling out of the chair she would prop me up in.

But then, she was taking care of her mom upstairs, Ill give her that.
Still cant figure out why it took 4 of them to take care of one person tho.

I forgive them both..........no sweat off my back.
The Lord God is the only one who can really provide what I need and so far Hes doing a fantastic job.

Upvote 0

brettnolan

Dec 16, 2003
KC, MO
✟8,484.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Six posts in and I am completely amazed and dumbfounded at the "people" we find ourselves married to.

Even though you know it inherently, it always helps to actually hear that someone has/had it worse than you.

Married for 8 years, my wife pulled the old not "in love" garbage on me which KILLED me in itself, and was enough for me to do a complete 180 for my part. Of course, that was only the tip of the iceberg, she was cheating and had been for at least 6 months, this was the 4th year of our marriage. After 2+ years, putting all those pieces back together, she started cheating again, before our 2nd child was even a year old.

She left/got kicked out in 10/02 and our divorce was final in 1/03. The divorce was "friendly." We are doing all we can to make it "normal" for the kids, which is quite shocking considering her history of selfishness.

Her complete naivete (for lack of a better word that would be acceptable on CF), about what she has done continues to amaze me and others who live in the real world. She can't seem to come to grips with the fact that people (my family in particular) should think any differently of her than before. After all, the only people involved are HER and HER MAN, and it doesn't bother them, so why should it bother anyone else?

But life goes on and God is still God. AMEN.

Upvote 0

Worddancer

Dec 29, 2003
Midwest, US
✟9,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
*Reads all the heart wrenching stories, hurting for them all . . * I've been divorced as well, and I doubt those outside the experience will understand just how much pain you're in, what a ripping and tearing it feels like to have cherished dreams dashed to pieces. I wish I could cradle and heal each of you . . keep trusting God, He will bring hope again . .

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Worddancer said:
*Reads all the heart wrenching stories, hurting for them all . . * I've been divorced as well, and I doubt those outside the experience will understand just how much pain you're in, what a ripping and tearing it feels like to have cherished dreams dashed to pieces. I wish I could cradle and heal each of you . . keep trusting God, He will bring hope again . .
It was a brutal experience that tore me apart as you can appreciate, as can the others here. Not only did it devastate me, but the kids suffered as well.

Upvote 0

AirForceTeacher

King of the Wicker People
Feb 23, 2004
The south
✟28,117.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Six posts in and I am completely amazed and dumbfounded at the "people" we find ourselves married to.

Well, I'm the "people" in my relationship.
5 days. I'm miserable, because I've been working on my sin and my unforgiveness this whole week. I can feel God working in me, but I've burnt her out with my anger and clinginess, so she's holding me at arm's length. I know that she wants me back. I want her back so much. :prayer:

I'm just trying to get through each day, changing my motive from her to God so that when we do get back together, the marriage will have a better foundation.
Mt 6.34 Therefore don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums