If there was a straight pill would homosexuals take it?

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I still don't quite get what any of that has to do with the OP... OK, so a homosexual teenager might be attracted to heterosexual same sex people... So what? You don't think a heterosexual has ever been attracted to a homosexual of the opposite sex? Because I got news for you...

Upvote 0

Inviolable

Feb 27, 2006
✟3,179.00
Faith
Christian
*blink blink* yes... horny homosexual teenagers might THINK about getting it on with every vaguely attractive same sex person they see, the question was whether they were going to force themselves, or try to trick anyone who didn't want to into sleeping with them.
Thats not my point and I can clearly see you're having trouble grasping it.
The question now, where the fault is.
I bet when you were a teenager you were attracted to a lot more people than you ever had sex with, right? And those who didn't want to have sex with, you respected their decision? What makes you think homosexual people would behave any differently?
To be honest, as a guy I'm still attracted to more people then are attracted to me. I'm sure being in the service you're in shape and know exactly what I mean.
But, ahhh you're getting to my point. My guess is you'll still miss it.
If homosexual males had any idea how repulsed heterosexual males are by the near idea of same sex relations, they wouldn't even try.
I'm not going to make any comparisons, you wont get them anyway.
All that comes from a homosexual hitting on a guy who is truly heterosexual is grief, on both sides.
Why go through the trouble?

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
All that comes from a homosexual hitting on a guy who is truly heterosexual is grief, on both sides.
Most heterosexuals who get hit on by a homosexual aren't that bothered by it, most politely decline, and hopefully the two can laugh about it later.

But even if someone is utterly repulsed by it, so what? Whose fault is that? Reverse the situation... If you, a heterosexual man, were to hit on me, a homosexual woman, would I be right to be utterly repulsed? Or would I be better to smile, take it as a compliment, and politely decline?

Upvote 0

Inviolable

Feb 27, 2006
✟3,179.00
Faith
Christian
Most heterosexuals who get hit on by a homosexual aren't that bothered by it, most politely decline, and hopefully the two can laugh about it later.

But even if someone is utterly repulsed by it, so what? Whose fault is that? Reverse the situation... If you, a heterosexual man, were to hit on me, a homosexual woman, would I be right to be utterly repulsed? Or would I be better to smile, take it as a compliment, and politely decline?
I'm not sure how it is outside the U.S. I'll have to get back with you on my answer.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm not sure how it is outside the U.S. I'll have to get back with you on my answer.
Why? Is homosexuality different in the US?

But I'll look forward to hearing your answer after you've given it some indepth consideration.

Upvote 0

Inviolable

Feb 27, 2006
✟3,179.00
Faith
Christian
Why? Is homosexuality different in the US?
I dont know it could be. I have noticed a slightly different moral stance in the U.K. then in the U.S. On a few different subjects. Public opinion does tend to change how people live.
But I left so I could go to sleep.
But I'll look forward to hearing your answer after you've given it some indepth consideration.
O.K. I'll explain it but I doubt it will be understood, guess I'm trying to find a good way to explain it. That's another reason I wanted to wait, but no new ideas are forthcoming.
Believe it or not I have a few gay friends who say, they understand where I'm coming from.
One of them works at a gay bar as a bouncer and offers me the odd job here or there at the bar, the pay is pretty good for one nights work.
So I rarely turn it down.
At any rate I have been able to witness several gay men, who seemed really horny. Let me tell you, most horny gay guys are really persistent.
Even my gay friends don't agree with it. I'm not saying all gay guys are like that, but quite a few.
The first or second "no" hardly ever works. It's always when they leave that you don't have to worry about them any more.
This is just my personal experience and I'm not trying to slam gay guys.
I'm just pointing out how irrational it seems and that it seems to happen a lot.

Because of my personal experience I believe homosexuals are incapable of understanding that some hetero's simply don't want to have sex with them.
Which can and does put them in a bad spot.
If I even see a woman outside of my league, I know it and don't bother to approach her. I know of very few hetero men who wouldn't agree with that. But more often then not, when a gay guy wants more then just chit chat, they don't seem to know what it means to give up.

But then again, you're female and I'm sure you've had your fair share of guys hitting on you. So you might know more then me.

By the way, this is me.
meai2.jpg

I only show you so you can see that I might not make a half bad bouncer.
While I'm not violent I can be intimidating enough so that others around me aren't violent either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If homosexuality was found to be an evolutionary error and some person somewhere made a straight pill. How many homosexuals would actually take it?

The question is absurd at face value because the concept of an 'evolutionary error" is unprovable, merely a value judgment.

However, ignoring that, assuming the developer could get it past the FDA (which is doubtful) no doubt some self-hating LGBTs would, some at the urgings of family members mired in religious-based hatred. That is unfortunate. While corporate ethics are always questionable I think development of such a soul-killing medication is too low to go for even the most mercenary pharmaceutical companies. So if it was developed it'd probably be done in a secret lab unlike Dr. Mengele's. And, chances are word would get out and some high powered LGBTs like possibly David Geffen, Martina Naritilova, and Barney Frank would counter it by funding research on medication with the opposite properties, i.e., to turn straights gay. This would not be difficult assuming the first hypothetical medication would come to fruition. However, then, suddenly, some virulent antigay crusader, say Tony Perkins for example, hypothetically, would wind up with the counter-med ground up in his ham and eggs and be turned immediately into a mincing queen. And then his colleagues would receive notification "You're next!" and a situation of mutually assured destruction would result.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
have been able to witness several gay men, who seemed really horny. Let me tell you, most horny gay guys are really persistent. Even my gay friends don't agree with it. I'm not saying all gay guys are like that, but quite a few. The first or second "no" hardly ever works. It's always when they leave that you don't have to worry about them any more. This is just my personal experience and I'm not trying to slam gay guys. I'm just pointing out how irrational it seems and that it seems to happen a lot. Because of my personal experience I believe homosexuals are incapable of understanding that some hetero's simply don't want to have sex with them.

So, what occurs when you take these bouncer gigs is essentially the same thing that occurs to all women, from supermodels to 300 pound welders with acne, on a routine basis from heterosexual males.

Upvote 0

Inviolable

Feb 27, 2006
✟3,179.00
Faith
Christian
So, what occurs when you take these bouncer gigs is essentially the same thing that occurs to all women, from supermodels to 300 pound welders with acne, on a routine basis from heterosexual males.
Yeah hetero's do it all the time but I notice a big difference when I'm in a hetero bar.
Generally there's only 3 or 4 morons in the entire bar trying to jump the bones of any woman they see.
While I'm in the gay bar it's normally the other way around, theres 3 or 4 gay guys who aren't trying to jump everyone's bones.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah hetero's do it all the time but I notice a big difference when I'm in a hetero bar.
Generally there's only 3 or 4 morons in the entire bar trying to jump the bones of any woman they see.
While I'm in the gay bar it's normally the other way around, theres 3 or 4 gay guys who aren't trying to jump everyone's bones.

Bars, regardless of the sexual orientations of the patrons, are not ideal places to observe responsible human behavior. If you're going to judge an entire population by behavior of a miniscule number of them in bars, then you're going to naturally have a low opinion of the group. FYI, most LGBTs do not patronize bars of any genre any more than most heterosexuals do. If you were to judge all heterosexual men by the behavior of heterosexual men in bars, you would conclude they are alkl sexual harrassers, alcoholics, belligerent, loudmouths, behind in their child support payments, and with careers going nowhere.

Upvote 0

Inviolable

Feb 27, 2006
✟3,179.00
Faith
Christian
Bars, regardless of the sexual orientations of the patrons, are not ideal places to observe responsible human behavior. If you're going to judge an entire population by behavior of a miniscule number of them in bars, then you're going to naturally have a low opinion of the group. FYI, most LGBTs do not patronize bars of any genre any more than most heterosexuals do. If you were to judge all heterosexual men by the behavior of heterosexual men in bars, you would conclude they are alkl sexual harrassers, alcoholics, belligerent, loudmouths, behind in their child support payments, and with careers going nowhere.
No I haven't I havent said any of those things. I only point out that there is a lot more horny guys. Who dont know what no means. Even in a bar people generally have some kind of respect for each other. I dont see it as much in the gay bar when it comes to a possible sexual encounter.

I'm not going in there expecting people not to hit on me. It just happens quite a bit and Im sure females in hetero bars get hit on quite a bit. I just dont think it's none stop by the same people repeatedly and I dont think it's by 3/4 of the bar.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
inviolable said:
Because of my personal experience I believe homosexuals are incapable of understanding that some hetero's simply don't want to have sex with them.
Which can and does put them in a bad spot.
If I even see a woman outside of my league, I know it and don't bother to approach her. I know of very few hetero men who wouldn't agree with that. But more often then not, when a gay guy wants more then just chit chat, they don't seem to know what it means to give up.
What Texaslynn says is the point I want to make.

Sure, there are some gay guys who don't take the first or second "no" for an answer, especially while drunk. But what makes you think this is something that only homosexual men do? Since we're flashing photos, here's on of me. As you know, men aren't my thing. But want to know how many heterosexual guys have hit on me and need to be told "no" more than once?

(me on the right, in Australian uniform)

Reactions: Texas Lynn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
If homosexuals come from the womb a homosexual, then how can they be trusted not to try and push homosexuality on someone who isn't a homosexual for their own interest?

The same way heterosexuals who come from the womb heterosexual can be trusted not to try and push heterosexuality on someone who isn't heterosexual for their own interest?

Upvote 0

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
Are you saying (and please, correct me if I misunderstand you) that if homosexuals are naturally homosexual, inclined that way by genetics, that you don't understand why they aren't forcing heterosexuals to be homosexual?

Projecting, perhaps?

Wouldn't a heterosexual who tries to make gays hetero naturally tend to suspect gays have similar intentions?

Upvote 0

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
Thats not my point and I can clearly see you're having trouble grasping it.
The question now, where the fault is.

To be honest, as a guy I'm still attracted to more people then are attracted to me. I'm sure being in the service you're in shape and know exactly what I mean.
But, ahhh you're getting to my point. My guess is you'll still miss it.
If homosexual males had any idea how repulsed heterosexual males are by the near idea of same sex relations, they wouldn't even try.
I'm not going to make any comparisons, you wont get them anyway.
Why go through the trouble?

This is all about you imagining sex with that person every time you get hit on?

Upvote 0