I think I'm unregnerate, reprobate, vessel of wrath, despairing, tried all I can think of

ldonjohn

Sep 20, 2013
Texas
✟82,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
i read everything you have written and I am exactly in the same situation how are you now
i read everything you have written and I am exactly in the same situation how are you now
Tania, I too was in a similar struggle many years ago. Although I grew up in a Baptist church, by the time I was a young adult I was not convinced that God was real or that the bible was true.
After a few years of living life "my way" without any thought about all the stuff I had heard on church, for some reason I began to have a dreaded fear that I might be wrong in my thinking that the bible is not true, and decided that if I was wrong in my unbelief and the bible is true then I was headed straight to hell. That fear drove me to search for answers about the bible, about God, and about what it means to "believe in Jesus." For several years I searched for answers by talking to preachers at our church. Also I read salvation tracts, and books written by well known Christian authors. All of those sources basically said the same things that I had heard growing up in church, and I wanted to believe it all, but I did not understand how just saying a prayer "in Jesus' name" would save someone. I would try to make myself "believe," and would say a prayer telling God that "I believe in Jesus" & begging him to save me. I would "feel" saved for a day or two but then the fear & misery would return. I just did not "get it." I thought there was no way I would ever know that God had heard my prayers and actually saved me. I was convinced that I was going to die & spend eternity in hell while at the same time I was not sure God even ecxisted. I had no peace; my life was consumed with confusion, fear & misery.
After living several long years in misery, I gave up on myself trying to figure it all out and asked the God who I wasn't even sure existed if he would show me the truth about himself. He did show me the truth & I "got it" one night sitting at my kitchen table reading the Book of John. The Holy Spirit showed me that to believe in Jesus means to believe that Jesus did all that God requires for my sins to be forgiven when he died on the cross; that the praying & begging God to save me didn't work because I was believing the prayer would save me. In other words was not looking to the finished work of Jesus on the cross for forgiveness of my son, instead I was looking at my prayers.
It is so simple that I made it difficult. God wants us to believe the message of the cross, the Gospel message. We don't have to understand everything. We don't have to see visions or hear a voice from heaven.
May I suggest that you do what I did. Stop looking at "self." It's not about "you." It is all about what Jesus did for you when he died on the cross. Jesus said in John 14:6, "I am the way , the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through me." He is the way because his death on the cross paid the penalty for your sin; paid in full. It is a done deal. He did it all, and there is nothing you can do but just believe that he will do what he says he will do in John 6:37. That is the verse that convinced me to believe him. Read it for yourself; ask God to show you how to believe. That's what I did and God did not waste any time showing me the answer I needed so I would "believe him."
Today I have peace; a peace is impossible to explain to anyone who has not found that peace for themselves.

Regards,

John

Upvote 0

tabi777

Aug 13, 2023
guwahati
✟9,502.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tania, I too was in a similar struggle many years ago. Although I grew up in a Baptist church, by the time I was a young adult I was not convinced that God was real or that the bible was true.
After a few years of living life "my way" without any thought about all the stuff I had heard on church, for some reason I began to have a dreaded fear that I might be wrong in my thinking that the bible is not true, and decided that if I was wrong in my unbelief and the bible is true then I was headed straight to hell. That fear drove me to search for answers about the bible, about God, and about what it means to "believe in Jesus." For several years I searched for answers by talking to preachers at our church. Also I read salvation tracts, and books written by well known Christian authors. All of those sources basically said the same things that I had heard growing up in church, and I wanted to believe it all, but I did not understand how just saying a prayer "in Jesus' name" would save someone. I would try to make myself "believe," and would say a prayer telling God that "I believe in Jesus" & begging him to save me. I would "feel" saved for a day or two but then the fear & misery would return. I just did not "get it." I thought there was no way I would ever know that God had heard my prayers and actually saved me. I was convinced that I was going to die & spend eternity in hell while at the same time I was not sure God even ecxisted. I had no peace; my life was consumed with confusion, fear & misery.
After living several long years in misery, I gave up on myself trying to figure it all out and asked the God who I wasn't even sure existed if he would show me the truth about himself. He did show me the truth & I "got it" one night sitting at my kitchen table reading the Book of John. The Holy Spirit showed me that to believe in Jesus means to believe that Jesus did all that God requires for my sins to be forgiven when he died on the cross; that the praying & begging God to save me didn't work because I was believing the prayer would save me. In other words was not looking to the finished work of Jesus on the cross for forgiveness of my son, instead I was looking at my prayers.
It is so simple that I made it difficult. God wants us to believe the message of the cross, the Gospel message. We don't have to understand everything. We don't have to see visions or hear a voice from heaven.
May I suggest that you do what I did. Stop looking at "self." It's not about "you." It is all about what Jesus did for you when he died on the cross. Jesus said in John 14:6, "I am the way , the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through me." He is the way because his death on the cross paid the penalty for your sin; paid in full. It is a done deal. He did it all, and there is nothing you can do but just believe that he will do what he says he will do in John 6:37. That is the verse that convinced me to believe him. Read it for yourself; ask God to show you how to believe. That's what I did and God did not waste any time showing me the answer I needed so I would "believe him."
Today I have peace; a peace is impossible to explain to anyone who has not found that peace for themselves.

Regards,

John
But for me I am convinced God is 100% real and always take Him as granted, His forgiveness, His mercy with an unrepentant heart and right now I am in a situation where i feel not convicted or was I never convicted of sin or dont know where to exactly start I am a total lost position I dont know what to pray about or how to pray

Upvote 0