• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I need to talk to someone

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For a while, I've been experiencing back pain-about three weeks now- although I've had this type of pain before. I had a consultation with a physical therapist on Friday and will actually start on Tuesday.

On top of that, I am having almost constant daily headaches. Nothing new there as I've had headaches even in child hood off and on.

Regarding my back, I've had to stay home from my day program for people with disabilities due to the pain and have missed two weeks of work because of it (the job I have is also through the vocational program.) Thursday was my first day back at work. And I had back pain doing the simplest thing like cleaning chairs. The minor bending I was required to do hurt my back.

I asked my coach if I could sit down. She said I could for five minutes. Five minutes wasn't going to be enough so I decided to just keep working. I was relieved when I was told we were done and I could wash my hands.

After we were done, I asked if I could please go get my back pillow. She asked if I could use my sweatshirt. I said no as it doesn't provide enough support. She acted annoyed but let me go to the car.

She didn't say anything but I could tell she acted annoyed. Guess what? It's not my fault my back hurts. I am doing everything I can, doing exercises, getting physical therapy, etc. I cried when I got home.

This is just the newest issue (i've had problems with this coach before.) I could go to another group, but I don't want to be around people who are lower functioning.

If this continues I am going to quit the program, although I'll be left with nothing to do for about half a year. Then we will move…and I don't want to leave everything again.

If I quit the program I will feel like a failure. I just wanted to vent.

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Other people never have a right to inflict pain upon you without cause. If you can't do it, you can't do it. You're not a failure. If anything, your coach is the one who should be grappling with that question. At least in my opinion.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For a while, I've been experiencing back pain-about three weeks now- although I've had this type of pain before. I had a consultation with a physical therapist on Friday and will actually start on Tuesday.

On top of that, I am having almost constant daily headaches. Nothing new there as I've had headaches even in child hood off and on.

Regarding my back, I've had to stay home from my day program for people with disabilities due to the pain and have missed two weeks of work because of it (the job I have is also through the vocational program.) Thursday was my first day back at work. And I had back pain doing the simplest thing like cleaning chairs. The minor bending I was required to do hurt my back.

I asked my coach if I could sit down. She said I could for five minutes. Five minutes wasn't going to be enough so I decided to just keep working. I was relieved when I was told we were done and I could wash my hands.

After we were done, I asked if I could please go get my back pillow. She asked if I could use my sweatshirt. I said no as it doesn't provide enough support. She acted annoyed but let me go to the car.

She didn't say anything but I could tell she acted annoyed. Guess what? It's not my fault my back hurts. I am doing everything I can, doing exercises, getting physical therapy, etc. I cried when I got home.

This is just the newest issue (i've had problems with this coach before.) I could go to another group, but I don't want to be around people who are lower functioning.

If this continues I am going to quit the program, although I'll be left with nothing to do for about half a year. Then we will move…and I don't want to leave everything again.

Hi Celticroots, Do not blame yourself for things that you cannot control. The key here is that you felt so bad about the experience that you had to cry. My heart goes out to you. Would it not be better to be a leader and inspiration to a “lower functioning group” than to be conflicted in the group you are in? Love Prayers and Blessings to you.

Upvote 0

Stellar Vision

Mar 17, 2004
Raleigh, NC
✟138,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Has your back pain improved at all?

Upvote 0