jusluvm

Apr 16, 2005
✟15,671.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
arunma said:
Arg...it's unfortunate that they split the forums (I probably should have voiced my dissent yesterday). Anyway, I already feel the effect of the loss of our anabaptist brothers and sisters. I hope you guys will visit the Baptist forum frequently.

I did toss in my 2 cents, but it (obviously) didn't make a dent. If all I wanted to talk to were a bunch of baptists, I could have just walked out my own front door. That's all we've got around here in my little town. :sigh: Literally!

And I hope some of "us" will be welcome to visit here frequently?

Upvote 0

newbeliever02072005

Have Courage to Trust God
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2005
WV
✟52,180.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
arunma said:
Arg...it's unfortunate that they split the forums (I probably should have voiced my dissent yesterday). Anyway, I already feel the effect of the loss of our anabaptist brothers and sisters. I hope you guys will visit the Baptist forum frequently.

:cry: I agree arunma.....I just wish things stayed the same.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If I post in the Baptist forum, the mods will be buried in spite-reports. Even if they never do anything about it, it will be a hassle to them.

I don't plan to use the ghetto. I didn't ask for it, I don't want it, and it's neither productive nor edifying.

As always, anyone who wants to hang out and ask questions in WWMC is welcome to; the users there have no conception of "not allowed to debate", although they'll frown on picking fights.

I'm seeing whether the Restoration Movement people will take me in. I get along okay with them, and "No Creed But Christ" is a phrase I can endorse, even if I'm not really in one of their churches.

Those of you who are unhappy about this might want to raise your concerns with rnmomof7 and JeffreyLloyd, who were the final decision makers.

In any event, I will see you folks around somewhere. Drop by WWMC, if you wish; there's ice cream for everybody, no exceptions.

Upvote 0

Danfrey

Warning -- Anabaptist views
Feb 9, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
✟1,080.00
Faith
Anabaptist
menno said:
I'm the only person that seems happy about this--and I'm going to stay happy about it.

seebs you keep saying you're not gonna slum in this ghetto but I keep turning around and finding you. Maybe ya might like it after all.
Well,

I just got word that the split finally happened. I gladly come back to CF knowing that I can openly discuss Bible doctrines from an Anabaptist viewpoint without it becoming an argument.

I tip my hat to whoever was responsible for recognizing that there is a substantial difference between a Baptist and an Anabaptist.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let me apologize. I did not wish for the Anabaptist/Baptist area to split. I was unaware of any differences we had. I thought, for the most part, that we were "getting along." All I wished was for a place for new believers to the faith, to have somewhere to go and ask questions without us stepping on each others toes unintentionally.

I'm really, really sorry for the split. It was not my intentions. For that, I offer my sincerest apologies.

DeaconDean

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I never got the impression that it was your suggestion, Deac. There was some pretty heated threads lately, and the suggestion to split this time was from a participant in one of those threads. It seemed most people didn't have a strong opinion on the split, but it still happened.

I personally think it came down to it being viewed as a conservative v liberal thing (which it really wasn't), and emotions ran high for a while.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
arunma said:

Are we allowed?

I feel kinda weird about it after all the harsh words and anger that preceeded the split.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
DeaconDean said:
Let me apologize. I did not wish for the Anabaptist/Baptist area to split. I was unaware of any differences we had. I thought, for the most part, that we were "getting along." All I wished was for a place for new believers to the faith, to have somewhere to go and ask questions without us stepping on each others toes unintentionally.

I'm really, really sorry for the split. It was not my intentions. For that, I offer my sincerest apologies.

DeaconDean

It didn't have anything to do with your suggestion, Dean, everything's okay.

It had to do with immutable doctrine issues, like the peace witness and the stance against capital punishment, things anabaptists will never let go of and baptists will never accept. :(

Don't feel guilty at all. It was a long time coming and a difficult struggle.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.