Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
1Th 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe. (KJV)

(I took the enclosed picture below near where I live the other day. It will help me to unfold this topic more in future posts...)

Attachments

• sun1.JPG
    sun1.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 104

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes, we can esteem God's Word, because of all the beautiful things He has made. How does He do it?
Here is a picture of the beautiful apple blossoms just outside my back door. One of many examples of how God does this. Truly; "He hath made His wonderful works to be remembered." (Psalms 11:4)

Attachments

• appleb.jpg
    appleb.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nov 15, 2011
✟17,405.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes, we can esteem God's Word, because of all the beautiful things He has made. How does He do it?

By His Spirit who is everywhere present. The Holy Spirit is the unseen, mighty Intelligence that is working in and through all, moving in all things according to His will. It is He who turns the bud into flower and the flower into fruit for the Holy Spirit is the presence and power of God.

sky

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
The Bible tells us that Jesus created "all things..."

Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
God blessed me today with a bird sighting that was nothing short of spectacular. A Yellow Headed Blackbird. I stopped my truck soon as I saw it; and got these pictures. The real catch I was after was a great Blue Heron, but that is going to be really tricky! lol

Seeing something like this in nature makes me think of God's great wisdom in how he put everything together; and I find it hard to believe that He who makes such beautiful things still, just wants to condemn us all for not being good enough. He must want to bless us or why would He make such beauty?

10.JPG

7.JPG

4.JPG

Suddenly the gloom lifted from the cross, and in clear, trumpet-like tones, that seemed to resound throughout creation, Jesus cried, “It is finished.”“Father, into Thy hands I commend My spirit.” A light encircled the cross, and the face of the Saviour shone with a glory like the sun. He then bowed His head upon His breast, and died. 64 {CSA 39.7}

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
I took these pics in our back yard. OK; I am a guy, and I like flowers. I admit it. :)

flower1.JPG

flower2.JPG

flower3.JPG

Christ's purpose in parable teaching was in direct line with the purpose of the Sabbath. God gave to men the memorial of His creative power, that they might discern Him in the works of His hand. The Sabbath bids us behold in His created works the glory of the Creator. And it was because He desired us to do this that Jesus bound up His precious lessons with the beauty of natural things. On the holy rest day, above all other days, we should study the messages that God has written for us in nature. We should study the Saviour's parables where He spoke them, in the fields and groves, under the open sky, among the grass and flowers. As we come close to the heart of nature, Christ makes His presence real to us, and speaks to our hearts of His peace and love. {COL 25.1}

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
It is hard to imagine how God does this one; yet, it makes the Word of God that much more alive, and tells us a lot about His mighty power.

The power, the appeal, the magnificance of an all-knowing Creator is very evident in this picture I took from the backyard last night at sunset!

attachment.php

Imagine what it would take to make this just one night - let alone every day! Another reason to esteem His Word, for when He speaks, it is done.

Attachments

• flms sunset (2).jpg
    flms sunset (2).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
attachment.php

In the past, Christ had been approached through forms and ceremonies, but now He was upon the earth, calling attention directly to Himself, presenting a spiritual priesthood, and placing the sinful human agent at the footstool of mercy. "Ask, and it shall be given you," He promised; "seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." "If ye shall ask anything in My name, I will do it. If ye love Me, keep My commandments." "He that hath My commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me: . . . and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him." "As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you: continue ye in My love. If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love; even as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love." {FE 399.2}

Attachments

• ask given.jpg
    ask given.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0