• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I can't take it.....urgh!

Psalms91Lady

Jun 24, 2012
✟15,159.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm in a very difficult time in life in my mid-twenties: no job, no husband, no friends and on top of that I am in chronic pain. I have excruciating head pain constantly and doctors say nothing is wrong. All my life I've been abused or ignored by family, so called friends and past coworkers. I make attempts to improve my life yet it seems like I fail each time. I am a Christian but I feel like sometimes God forgot me. The only thing that keeps me from ending my life is the thought of going to hell.

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm so sorry you are going through this struggle. You aren't alone in this struggle. I don't know what it's like to experience the specific pains you are describing, but I do know about chronic pain, and it definitely weighs on our emotions and our peace of mind.

I'm glad you posted. Sorry I'm responding so late... I just saw it.

Kristen

Upvote 0

Psalms91Lady

Jun 24, 2012
✟15,159.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Kristen.NewCreation said:
I'm so sorry you are going through this struggle. You aren't alone in this struggle. I don't know what it's like to experience the specific pains you are describing, but I do know about chronic pain, and it definitely weighs on our emotions and our peace of mind.

I'm glad you posted. Sorry I'm responding so late... I just saw it.

Kristen

Thank you. I'm glad you responded. Please pray for me.

Upvote 0

Treasurer

May 31, 2005
At home.
✟17,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello. I have migraine headaches, have they checked to see if your symptoms match your headache type? Sorry to hear you are all alone in this, it is not easy dealing with pain on a regular basis. I was all alone for awhile and what I did was go to church and asked the pastor for a friend. His wife volunteered. I know that sounds pathetic, but people dont have if they dont ask. It really helped me a lot during a time in my life when I really needed help. The church members even volunteered to help me out whenever I needed it. Perhaps that is something you can look into.

I pray things start looking up for you.

You are not alone and you are never unloved. You will never have anyone love you like your Father in Heaven. He promises He will never leave you or forsake you.

Hugs

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2013
USA
✟7,717.00
Faith
Other Religion
I'm in a very difficult time in life in my mid-twenties: no job, no husband, no friends and on top of that I am in chronic pain. I have excruciating head pain constantly and doctors say nothing is wrong. All my life I've been abused or ignored by family, so called friends and past coworkers. I make attempts to improve my life yet it seems like I fail each time. I am a Christian but I feel like sometimes God forgot me. The only thing that keeps me from ending my life is the thought of going to hell.

Very sorry for your pain! I myself suffer from (and have for the past 7 years) a severe chronic pain. I have this auto-immune type of condition called Interstitial Cystitis (a severe inflammation condition that is triggered by foods, vitamins, liquids, internal chemicals, stress, anxiety, emotions...(for women the time of the month) I already had a weak system from my heart defect which wasn't caught for nearly 20 years so my immune system was nearly shot, which is why I got it quickly and easy.

The inflammation and pain can get so bad I go mad and sometimes beg to die. My particular case of I.C. limits 75% of foods (plus I have another auto-immune that limits 20% so I have only a few foods I can eat and that gets very frustrating and cause stress.)

Sometimes it feels like God doesn't care or is too busy or you've done something. I was doing some christian reading books and bible study and discovered God doesn't really punish us. He can allow things to happen in order to strengthen us, but it's never for ill, though it's easy to see it in such a way from our view.

I can also relate a bit with the doctor issue. I went to several over the years who didn't believe in the condition of I.C. told me (as well as many others I learned) it's all just in my head. That really bothered me and made me feel (at the time) God just didn't care, was getting a kick our of me being in pain or I was just unlucky in life. I also have expressed my pain in my back(from the heart surgery) and leg pain(from my I.C. and lack of ability to move around), but my doctor just tells me to "push through it" and treats me as if I'm fine. It's frustrating, but I'm working on just letting God take care of me in that department since doctors refuse to acknowledge it. Since I was a kid I've also suffered from bad headaches and severe migraines. Nothing really helps, so I just do my best to relax until it passes. I guess I've started to get use to it by now.

Didn't mean to leave a long reply post, my health history is kind of long unfortunately(and I left out a handful of other issues/conditions). All I can give you is try not to view your failed attempts as failures, but learn from them. That's why I've been doing since experiencing my rebirth.

Will keep you in pray and God bless you!

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟421,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟743,557.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I will pray for you. Also God loves you more than to send you to hell for suicide. Obviously I don't condone you taking your life. What you can offer the world is far more valuable and useful to us than your death. As a word of comfort while you wait for your healing. One of the great prophets of God actually died of a sickness, God could have healed him, your position in God is not determined by your health. This prophet was so powerful that when a dead man was thrown into his grave the dead man revived, and came alive again. Yet the prophet died sick.

I have seen a few healings lately, so I will pray God heals you too. I would reccomed you do some bible reading about Jesus healing people, it will help you to see Jesus is very open to healing. Sometimes just by you reaching out to God through the word you will be healed.

Upvote 0

Two Scoops

Apr 27, 2013
✟8,116.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I believe a good part of your chronic pain is from the spritual/psychological pain you have had. I believe stress and fear due a number on the body causing all kinds of symptoms. I believe your cure lies in perfecting yourself in Christ's love. Perfect love casts out all fear! Fear s torment. A spritual mind is life and peace and a carnal mind is death.

Upvote 0

JohnLocke

Sep 23, 2006
✟16,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have pattelofemoral pain with complication in the ankles and toes. You might have heard of it as "Runner's knee." As Doc Martin explained, the long muscles that held my kneecaps got out of synch and so, from time to time, my knee cap slides into the large femoral bone.

Bone pain sucks. It starts out really, really sharp, like someone shove a stiletto up from beneath your knee cap and out somewhere mid thigh. It's bad, worse than any of my broken bones, worse than that first migraine flash in bright room with a gaggle of girls from New Jersey. And it doesn't stop, doesn't reduce, it's just freaking constant for days on end.

Ah... sorry. I'm depressed and in pain wrestling with my insurance company and the Federal Government and just need to vent, I guess. It's awful lonely being in pain. Even if you're out and about people always know and because they know they don't look for you they look at you.

It's depressing world we live in; praying my Visa elsewhere comes in soon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pain definitely makes things different. For us and others. I too struggle with debilitating pain.

I'm glad there is sharing here - that we aren't alone in what we experience, even though the causes and details and intensity may vary.

Here's to each of us, who carry inside the strength to carry on and to carry through the pain.

Blessings!

Upvote 0

christopher morgan

May 9, 2015
melbourne
✟15,236.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So young to have such pain in your life. Never give up the belief that we are spiritual souls just undergoing a temporary physical experience. When we encounter suffering search as best as you can for remedies and for help if it is a physical illness. And remember that many of us with pain show no outer symptoms so it is hard for others to understand our pain. My chronic pain has destroyed my active life and my mind is always battling to just go on but I turn to the teachings of Our Lord.

His instructions are to find the kingdom of heaven within first, as our bodies are just flesh. This world is imperfect as are our bodies. But the spirit and Heaven is something far more beautiful. I try everyday to increase my faith in life after death and to try to allow Our Lord's love to enter my broken mind and body and carry me forward in hope of being in his presence beyond this life. The more I believe this the less I worry.It is hard with pain I know but I can only say that my pain has forced me to increase my deep belief in life after death and that we must try to be more spiritual. Even a small feeling of understanding Our Lord better will help you mentally. Read the gospels.

Anyway I see this is an older thread but I hope you see this. I will say a special prayer for you after posting this that the Holy Spirit will send you a sign you are not alone, christopher Australia :wave:

Upvote 0