Europe
✟18,824.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I read everywhere on this forum that people with OCD have almost the exact same worries doubts and such as I have and have had.
They are not being able to sleep, I barely sleep only for a few hours at a time just to be waking up in panic. I don't know why this is like it is. The days go by and my only thoughts are doubts and worry about hell and other's fate, mostly my family and myself. I ask you who believe, do you have dread about hell, not like all the time but just dread it. I want peace. I would like to feel at peace again like I did when I was a small child. I know christians know why people go to hell and feel it but I am in so much fear and it's the only thing I think about days through. I want to understand. When I try to just rest I can not. Do you who are christians understand the reasons why and understand it fully? I am having a hard time to do so. I don't know if it is best to post this on the OCD forum but I know they struggle with the same thing and don't know if they can help. Only when I post posts and speak to others do I feel some sort of peace.

frank sears

Jul 26, 2022
Searcy,ar
✟10,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like a physical condition, probably made worse by demonic powers. Get something from your doctor to calm you down, and command the demonic spirits to leave in Jesus name. Also, try to think of good things and resist depressing thoughts.

Upvote 0

Walk together

Jun 25, 2021
sydney
✟30,237.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
Invite the Lord Jesus into your life and get to know him and his father God you will find that most of your pain and troubles will dissolve and you can start to move away from the anxiety that you are feeling this is the first step to putting hell behind you and the Lord at your side.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟429,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read everywhere on this forum that people with OCD have almost the exact same worries doubts and such as I have and have had.
They are not being able to sleep, I barely sleep only for a few hours at a time just to be waking up in panic. I don't know why this is like it is. The days go by and my only thoughts are doubts and worry about hell and other's fate, mostly my family and myself. I ask you who believe, do you have dread about hell, not like all the time but just dread it. I want peace. I would like to feel at peace again like I did when I was a small child. I know christians know why people go to hell and feel it but I am in so much fear and it's the only thing I think about days through. I want to understand. When I try to just rest I can not. Do you who are christians understand the reasons why and understand it fully? I am having a hard time to do so. I don't know if it is best to post this on the OCD forum but I know they struggle with the same thing and don't know if they can help. Only when I post posts and speak to others do I feel some sort of peace.

the peace of Jesus. You need Him in your heart, you need His Word and eternal security of knowing you will go to heaven . Eternal life starts when you repent and receive the Holy Spirit.

• Agree
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟743,557.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fear of hell leaves when you know the truth. Jesus said:

John 8:32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."​

He goes on to say in the same passage.

John 8:34-36 Jesus answered them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.​

What Jesus was saying is that it is our sins that send us to hell. He came to free us from sin and to free us from its punishment. In order to be saved from hell, and its fear, we need to accept 1) Jesus' offer to forgive us as we put him first and follow Him, and 2) we need to move toward obedience in our lives.

1Jn 4:15-19 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. We love Him because He first loved us.​

If we both receive Jesus's offer to forgive us and honestly try to live obediently, we will have confidence in our lives, not fear.

I write how to be saved, how to believe in Jesus here How to be saved by Jesus from Hell | Everybody Matters Ministry

Upvote 0

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟46,894.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hi 12344321. Is there a pastor near you that you can talk with face to face? It could be helpful. It also may not be a bad idea to have a visit with your doctor too, just so they can check there isn't any physical problem that could be contributing. Some doctors are very good at being able to listen to any emotional problems you're having as well.

In answer to your questions (if I'm understanding them correctly):

No. I do not have any dread about hell. When you are in Christ there can't be, for He has overcome it already. However, sometimes I worry I'm not following Him and I may end up there, but I realise this is deception in my mind. The main thing is to trust, believe and follow; allowing Him to work a transformation in you through the Word and the Holy Spirit.

Yes, I know why I am a Christian. Because there's no other way for me. It was a conviction from God that made me realise the Truth.

Do I fully understand? I only know what the Bible teaches me, and what I feel in my heart - through the Holy Spirit - that testifies with it. I'm still learning, and always will be.

I hope and pray that the Holy Spirit will enter you to guide you unto all Truth. In Jesus name. Amen

Upvote 0

Aug 4, 2022
Europe
✟18,824.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
the peace of Jesus. You need Him in your heart, you need His Word and eternal security of knowing you will go to heaven . Eternal life starts when you repent and receive the Holy Spirit.
I am very self righteous and am relying solely on my actions. I don't feel any conviction of sin, only fear that it is bad and thus trying to avoid it.

Upvote 0

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
OCD is an interesting phenomena. The neurology that produces it may be amenable to some degree of modification through the chemistry of supplements like GABA for sleep and Inostitol (previously called vitamin B8).

One would assume that a good diet (including fruits and vegetables) also would help reduce contributions from any nutritional deficiencies.

From a biblical perspective fear is reduced by perfect (complete) love.

1Jn 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Love is defined in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 as essentially selflessness.

One can see that the less one is concerned about self, the less there would be to be fearful of.

Upvote 0

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟46,894.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Would anyone who has seen this post, repented and received the Holy Spirit want to start a conversation with me?
I have not yet made 20 posts and don't know if it will work otherwise?

My heart does go out to you, but I wouldn't feel comfortable starting a private conversation, given the dynamic of an older married man with a young single female. I hope you understand. Perhaps a female member would be more suitable.
In the meantime, I'm happy to converse through these threads, but bear in mind I would consider myself a new Christian. As such, I may not be able to answer any questions you have satisfactorily.
Please consider reaching out to other services in your area also, as I suggested earlier.
God Bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟429,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am very self righteous and am relying solely on my actions. I don't feel any conviction of sin, only fear that it is bad and thus trying to avoid it.

fear that it is bad is conviction but does it lead to repentance is the question. It’s a process to take on the righteousness of God.
You know the Ten Commandments, so you know what sin is, but don’t you need freedom from the guilt ie its dragging you down?

Upvote 0