Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,072,611.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Time to put up hummingbird feeders and to put a little research into the bird...

1. A hummingbird's heart beats up to 1,260 times a minute
2. Hummingbirds have excellent memories and can come back to the same feeders every year
3. Male hummingbirds can travel more than 1,000 miles without taking a single break.
4. Have the intelligence to build nice nests
5. Having only brains about the size of a grain of rice,

I am getting my hummingbird feeders ready now! Believing these little creatures were designed by the creative power of God!

Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? - Luke 12:24

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Time to put up hummingbird feeders and to put a little research into the bird...

1. A hummingbird's heart beats up to 1,260 times a minute
2. Hummingbirds have excellent memories and can come back to the same feeders every year
3. Male hummingbirds can travel more than 1,000 miles without taking a single break.
4. Have the intelligence to build nice nests
5. Having only brains about the size of a grain of rice,

I am getting my hummingbird feeders ready now! Believing these little creatures were designed by the creative power of God!

Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? - Luke 12:24

Hummingbirds are fascinating creatures. Goes to show how amazing this world is, that God created.

Here is a summary of a Britannica article about hummingbirds:

The article discusses the Hummingbird, a small bird species with about 320 different species found primarily in the New World. These birds are known for their bright and iridescent feathers, especially on the males, which led to exotic common names such as coquette, fairy, and sapphire. Hummingbirds have compact bodies with long, bladelike wings that enable them to fly in various directions and hover in front of flowers for nectar. Their wing-beat rates vary from species to species, with the smallest hummingbirds having the fastest rates. Hummingbirds have sparse body feathers and distinctive features like crests, iridescent head and throat feathers. Their bills are long and slender, adapted for securing nectar from flowers. Most hummingbirds do not form pair bonds, but a few species do. They build tiny nests using plant fibers and other materials and lay the smallest eggs relative to their body size. The eggs are incubated for about 15-20 days, and the young hatch blind and with minimal feathers before being fed by regurgitation and becoming flight capable in about three weeks. Hummingbirds have unique wing structures that allow them to hover over flowers mid-flight, and they produce humming or hissing sounds during their U-shaped display flights.

Source: Hummingbird | Description, Species, Videos, & Facts

Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,072,611.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hummingbirds arrived at my place mid-April. I have already filled my feeder twice and am hoping for better pictures...

438848515_10230683665858356_2807630338311651518_n.jpg

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hummingbirds arrived at my place mid-April. I have already filled my feeder twice and am hoping for better pictures...

438848515_10230683665858356_2807630338311651518_n.jpg
Nice capture sir. By the way, Samsung phones can take great photos from what I have heard, same with Canon or Nikon cameras. I do not own a Japanese camera, but my Samsung could potentially take photos of birds. Sadly, there are not many hummingbirds at the place that I live.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nice feeder! I have six but am thinking about changing.
You might be able to find some local artists in your area that make hummingbird feeders, or at least potentially get one made in the USA to support American workers. :)

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My feeders are very quick to change and to clean. They also have little moats to keep the ants away...
611P3XgMspL.jpg
Aww, your feeder reminds me of Mary Poppin's umbrella, except red, not dark black. :) I love birds, and ecology in general, though I am not good at differentiating the species.

Upvote 0