How should we respond to Justin Peters' challenge to modern prophets?

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟380,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can you give me a link to your Youtube feed so I can see it for myself? Once I see what he is saying, I can be more helpful in my comments to you.
just google his name on YouTube.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟380,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Good to see people openly challenging false prophets and terrible theology.
Unfortunately Justin Peters is a false teacher himself. that is what is scary. he a very bad interpreter of scripture and a very selfish little man. IMO.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟842,699.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
just google his name on YouTube.
But you said he came up on your Youtube feed. What do you mean by that? If he has come up when you clicked on the general Youtube icon and he, among others came up, you don't have to watch him, just the same as I don't watch the videos that come up on my screen that I'm not interested in when the general list comes up.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟842,699.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What terrible theology is that?
That we are gods and God can only do what we give Him permission to do. That when prayed for healing one has to be healed, if not, it is the sick person's fault because they don't have enough faith. That if I give my seed offering of money to the Prosperity teacher then I will become wealthy, and that poverty is because of the curse of God for not having enough faith. And, according to Benny Hinn, there are nine persons in the Trinity. Is that enough bad theology?

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟380,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But you said he came up on your Youtube feed. What do you mean by that? If he has come up when you clicked on the general Youtube icon and he, among others came up, you don't have to watch him, just the same as I don't watch the videos that come up on my screen that I'm not interested in when the general list comes up.
you making this harder than it has to be. I had never heard of him before, he showed up on my feed I clicked on the link, watched his videos about a half a dozen times to get a feel for what he was about. did not like him. he seemed angry. not that hard to understand. the common practice. he now won't go away. I click do not recommend, but he keeps showing up.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟842,699.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
you making this harder than it has to be. I had never heard of him before, he showed up on my feed I clicked on the link, watched his videos about a half a dozen times to get a feel for what he was about. did not like him. he seemed angry. not that hard to understand. the common practice. he now won't go away. I click do not recommend, but he keeps showing up.
I don't think that is his fault. It is more a quirk in Youtube. If you don't like him, and I accept that he is not everyone's cup of tea, then ignore his videos and move on. But if you want to have a bit of fun, watch Chris Rosebrough's Prophecy Bingo and Steve and Pauline Kozar's Hit The Bar videos. They deal with their subjects with a lot of humour and are certainly not intense about their views.

Reactions: Terri Dactyl
Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟380,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think that is his fault. It is more a quirk in Youtube. If you don't like him, and I accept that he is not everyone's cup of tea, then ignore his videos and move on. But if you want to have a bit of fun, watch Chris Rosebrough's Prophecy Bingo and Steve and Pauline Kozar's Hit The Bar videos. They deal with their subjects with a lot of humour and are certainly not intense about their views.
I never said it was his fault. what is with the finger wagging. your response is not nomal. I said I listened to him and moved on but you seem to have missed that Youtube keeps sending him to me, t not my fault.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟889,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never said it was his fault. what is with the finger wagging. your response is not nomal. I said I listened to him and moved on but you seem to have missed that Youtube keeps sending him to me, t not my fault.

If blocking from the recommendations doesn't work, you could try deleting his videos from the play history. That may make it less likely to appear.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟380,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If blocking from the recommendations doesn't work, you could try deleting his videos from the play history. That may make it less likely to appear.
i will try it

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟842,699.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It's getting a bit contentious for me. I'm outa here.

Upvote 0

Warren jones

Nov 5, 2022
Ambarvale
✟15,221.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My observation is that Justine calls out fake preachers in which he is spot on in his commentary , is their prophets today ?Absolutely you just don’t see them or hear of them they don’t seek a platform .I have come across some whom have been spot on the difference is they are humble and seek not the attention of man only God and are not interested in the opinions of men only the true word of GOD
Justin doesn’t believe the whole bible he ignores the gifts which in Corinthians is so clear about it .Either you believe the 66 books of the bible or not Justin your issue is unbelief how sad you do such a great job calling out the heretics
Blessings
Warren

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

black-pawn

Nov 24, 2022
Woodhaven
✟14,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Who is Justin Peters

From Home — Justin Peters Ministries:

Justin Peters Ministries is a worldwide expository preaching and teaching ministry. We focus on teaching the sufficiency of God's word and exposing the false teachings of the prosperity, health and wealth gospel. Justin preaches a gospel deeply rooted in the sufficiency of scripture.​
Justin Peters is an evangelist committed not only to the inerrancy of God’s Word but also its sufficiency. The ministry exists to evangelize the lost and equip believers with the tools needed to deepen their understanding of scripture and their love for Christ. In all things Soli Deo Gloria (Romans 11:36).​

About Justin Peters' YouTube channel (155K subscribers):

My YouTube channel exists to glorify God through the teaching and preaching of His word. When our knowledge of God is deepened, our love for God is deepened (Philippians 1:9). It is my desire to both "teach sound doctrine and refute those who contradict" per Titus 1:9. Though none of us does it perfectly, I strive to speak the truth and to speak it in love (Ephesians 4:15).​

The Challenge

On April 20, 2022, Justin Peters Ministries uploaded a video titled My Open Challenge To the Charismatic Prophets: Here's Your Big Chance To Prove Me Wrong! (link).

This website quotes Justin Peters' challenge in written form:

I want to give you a chance, not only to redeem yourself, but also to embarrass me. All of you know I’ve been, I’ve been pretty hard on you, rightly so I think, pointing out…your complete and total prophetic faceplant over the last two years, like over and over and over and over and over and over.
So, here’s your chance to redeem yourself and to prove me wrong. Embarrass me. Okay? Embarrass this old fuddy-duddy of a cessasionist. All right, here’s my challenge. The war is raging in Ukraine. I want any one of you between now -I’m recording this on the evening of April the 20th 2022-… and May 1, that gives you about 10 days. That’s plenty of time to either shoot up to heaven, or just start engaging God in a conversation I want you to ask him, “how’s the war in Ukraine going to end?”
I want you sometime between now and May 1 put up a video timestamp so it can be verified and all that good stuff. I want to see it. You tag me on it. Hey, if you take me up on this challenge, word will get around and I’ll know about it, believe me, I’ll know about it.
So you put up your video and you tell me, you tell all of us, when is the war going to end and how is it going to end? Who’s going to win this war? Is it going to be Russia or is it going to be Ukraine? Or is there going to be some kind of a settled peace maybe where Russia gets the Donbas region and Ukraine maintains its sovereignty? How’s this thing going to end? Okay, be specific. How is it going to end and when is it going to end?”

Peters then goes on to offer them generous terms. They don’t even have to give him a specific date, but can give him a two-week timeframe “ie second half of October, the first half of August.”​
Calling out several prophets by name, from Kris Vallaton to Troy Black to Kat Kerr, he notes that they claim to be in constant regular, face-to-face contact with God and many like Kerr claim to be constantly visiting heaven to get their daily download. Kerr claimed just the other day that God has told her what color of outfits she needs to start wearing, and some have even said that God tells them what kind of toothpaste to use, so even one of them must have some insight into this major global event, right? Surely one of them might have heard something about it in their daily discourses with the Lord, right? Right?​
The gauntlet has been thrown down, with Petes the Elijah figure to these 450 prophets of Baal.​
Let’s see what they come up with.​

Question

How should we respond?

Appendix - Screenshot

I am a Pentecostal, Charismatic layman baptized in the Holy Spirit not long after I was born again 38 years ago. Since then, I have heard God's voice quite a few times, but never did I believe that (NT) prophets were meant to find out what the future holds. That's false because NT prophets (I am not one) have the responsibility to encourage, uplift, and give a word to a person or a group of people when the Spirit speaks, nothing more nothing less. OT prophets were raised up for varied reasons. These so-called prophets are making things up as they go along, and no one is making them accountable for their words.

The last time I heard a word from the Lord regarding the time we are living was when Covid was in full force. I heard the Lord say to me "things will never be the same again." This is not to say that I hear the Lord speak every day or every week. At best it is once in a while but mostly it is about my own life or about my wife's life, but for the most part, the Lord speaks to us through dreams and visions of the night.

But to your post, I have to say that Cessationists are missing the most important part of having a relationship with God through Jesus Christ, and that is, that God speaks today, but they have already decided that the speaking God who invented speech hasn't said a word in two thousand years and thus they have put Him in a religious box and have reduced Him to speak through His word only.

That is sad.

Upvote 0

black-pawn

Nov 24, 2022
Woodhaven
✟14,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sure! They are not on YouTube though. They service their congregations and are never ever wrong. Blessings.
Never wrong? What do they prophesy about, and how does your church hold them accountable?

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟492,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
If your first goal in ministry is anything other than seeing souls saved...then you're doing it wrong.
Well identifying false prophets and warning Christians about them can lead to the salvation of souls, because false prophets do lead the faithful astray.

• Agree
Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟380,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am a Pentecostal, Charismatic layman baptized in the Holy Spirit not long after I was born again 38 years ago. Since then, I have heard God's voice quite a few times, but never did I believe that (NT) prophets were meant to find out what the future holds. That's false because NT prophets (I am not one) have the responsibility to encourage, uplift, and give a word to a person or a group of people when the Spirit speaks, nothing more nothing less. OT prophets were raised up for varied reasons. These so-called prophets are making things up as they go along, and no one is making them accountable for their words.

The last time I heard a word from the Lord regarding the time we are living was when Covid was in full force. I heard the Lord say to me "things will never be the same again." This is not to say that I hear the Lord speak every day or every week. At best it is once in a while but mostly it is about my own life or about my wife's life, but for the most part, the Lord speaks to us through dreams and visions of the night.

But to your post, I have to say that Cessationists are missing the most important part of having ain relationship with God through Jesus Christ, and that is, that God speaks today, but they have already decided that the speaking God who invented speech hasn't said a word in two thousand years and thus they have put Him in a religious box and have reduced Him to speak through His word only.

That is sad.
interesting, has he said anymore to you?
I myself have had times when the Lord has spoken to me. but it is never on the level that these guy talk about.

Upvote 0