Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can understand why they called it the idiot box, but it does come off a tad offensive. Maybe it should be called something else. Hmm... soap box would be nice. Can't really think of anything else to call it.

:angel:

Upvote 0

urbanfaerie

Veteran
Apr 17, 2003
gargamel's castle
Visit site
✟1,392.00
Faith
Non-Denom
lol, oops. i was tired last nite when i posted this, i had actually thought it said the "idiot's box"... referring to us as idiots. -laffs-..i feel like one right about now, :D

now that i think of it, i think i heard the phrase b4.. ppl who grew up w/o t.v. called it that? or at least my g-ma did.:p

can't imagine life w/o t.v.. what would u do when ur bored stupid? sew? lol

Upvote 0

Erwin

May 13, 2015
✟216,037.00
Entry: televisionFunction: nounDefinition: videoSynonyms: audio, babysitter, boob tube, box, eye, idiot box, receiver, small screen, station, telly, tube, TV, TV set, videoConcept: machineSource: Roget's Interactive Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.0.0)
Copyright © 2004 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.

I'll change it to the small screen. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JahRawks

Jul 1, 2003
Earth
Visit site
✟389.00
Faith
Non-Denom
lol, I liked the idiot box better, it sure got my attention, I was just curious what the idiot box was all about, then I figured out what it was about by skimming it over, oh well, guess I can't blame em for changin' the name of the forum, it's saved in my favorites as the idiot box though, so to me, it will be forever known as the idiot box.

Upvote 0
Hehe, I'm good with anything. I'm still surprised that I wasn't sure what Idiot Box was the first time I saw it. I hadn't thought of it as being for an Idiot Box, since I aways try to learn something when watching(well mostly). People are interesting. It's always fun, sad, and enlightening to see how they respond in different situations.

It's great to have some place to discuss TV, where you know believers have access and can add their input. We tend to watch everything from a little(maybe I should large difference) different view point than the world.

Upvote 0