Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lately I've been feeling like I've been trying to live 2 lives. I feel like I need to give it ALL to God. I'd like to do more! I'd like to do better! How do I do this?

I'd like to expand on my history but I just want to leave it pretty vague right now. If someone were to tell you 'hey, reader, how can I become all in w/ Jesus, but I'm not sure how', what would you tell them?

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Take risks. Even dangerous.
I will wear Jesus Tee-shirts sometimes with Gospel themes and Bible verses. Some folks of lessor passion might not want to do this. They may be ashamed or embarrassed. I think of my self as a "billboard for the Lord." I find that people who risk their reputations, pride, and maybe their physical safety inevitably draw closer to Him and others who share in that "shame."
Just a thought.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟429,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Go to church, read your Bible pray. Be a Christian to your friends and witness to the truth about Jesus. Volunteer,
or or or be a Christian there. Just stand for Christ. Teach Sunday school for kids. Fellowship with other Christians.

• Winner
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'd encourage you to consider your gifts, and where those gifts might be needed in service, for a start.
Thanks Padiske. I feel tied to the disablity community. It seems to follow me wherever I go. A couple times I've had opportunties to become involved in a disability ministry & dropped the ball. I felt so ashamed. I felt like God was asking me to & I said 'no.' While I'm wanting to offer services in other minsitires, I think that's where I will end up. He already uses me as a witness to that community, now I want to take it more formal.
I don't think where my gifts may need to be in service are what people typically think.

Go to church, read your Bible pray. Be a Christian to your friends and witness to the truth about Jesus. Volunteer,
or or or be a Christian there. Just stand for Christ. Teach Sunday school for kids. Fellowship with other Christians.
I've always gone to church & read my Bible. I'm getting better at praying. I believe in its power (b/c I believe in God's power) & I believe God is hearing & working.
2nd sentence isn't as easy as it sounds but I'm getting better at it. Usually I wait for them to initiate it -> now I've been.
3rd sentence: volunteer is hard. Groups I've been part of have always done Habitat for Humanity projects & I'm TERRIBLE at construction. I've tried to get better, so much, & I just can't. It's just not a skill I have & can accept it. I'd love to try different opportunities tho.
4th sentence: yep, got to.
5th sentence: 'For kids'.....Hmm.....I'd always thought teaching adults......I never thought about for kids. Hmmm......Not sure if a single man would be allowed to :(
6th sentence: yep, that's easy :)

I feel like I'm letting God down.

Take risks. Even dangerous.
I will wear Jesus Tee-shirts sometimes with Gospel themes and Bible verses. Some folks of lessor passion might not want to do this. They may be ashamed or embarrassed. I think of my self as a "billboard for the Lord." I find that people who risk their reputations, pride, and maybe their physical safety inevitably draw closer to Him and others who share in that "shame."
Just a thought.
That's a great idea. I've been wanting to get shirts. Along those lines, I've been wearing a cross necklace. I bought it a couple years ago but it was too hard to wear. I found I couldn't be a good witness. Then suddenly, w/ a bit of prayer & trust God would allow me to be a better witness wearing it, I've been able to. You wouldn't think it'd be so hard, but it was.
I was thinking bigger then shirts tho, but I definitely agree & would like to get more. (I have 1 but it's pretty simple)

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,519,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Padiske. I feel tied to the disablity community. It seems to follow me wherever I go. A couple times I've had opportunties to become involved in a disability ministry & dropped the ball. I felt so ashamed. I felt like God was asking me to & I said 'no.' While I'm wanting to offer services in other minsitires, I think that's where I will end up. He already uses me as a witness to that community, now I want to take it more formal.
I don't think where my gifts may need to be in service are what people typically think.
Not typical is perfectly fine. I wonder if you've ever heard of L'Arche, and whether that might be something worth exploring?

• Winner
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not typical is perfectly fine. I wonder if you've ever heard of L'Arche, and whether that might be something worth exploring?
I have not heard of that. I clicked a few links on their page. Not seeing anything about Christ.....I feel w/ my own struggles it has to have a Christ foundation. I'm too weak in the flesh. So can't see myself joining their team. But definitely worth researching, reaching out to them for their thoughts on things. Maybe someday I could build up to that, but was thinking much much much smaller. Bigger than what I'm doing now, but smaller than that. That could be an opportunity way down the line tho, so not doubting, just saying I'm not ready for something like that. So thank you! I will explore more links!

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,519,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
L'Arche are a Christian organisation. They don't seem to say much about that on their American page, but it's much more explicit in their international stuff.

By all means explore, and hopefully that will help you find the right thing at the right time. :)

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's a great idea. I've been wanting to get shirts. Along those lines, I've been wearing a cross necklace. I bought it a couple years ago but it was too hard to wear. I found I couldn't be a good witness. Then suddenly, w/ a bit of prayer & trust God would allow me to be a better witness wearing it, I've been able to. You wouldn't think it'd be so hard, but it was.
I was thinking bigger then shirts tho, but I definitely agree & would like to get more. (I have 1 but it's pretty simple)
I have thought this also - I did not want to wear testimony items like the cross or tee shirts because I was ashamed. Not of Him, but me! I felt I was not a good enough person and I might actually discourage people away from the Lord. I concluded that I am just another sinner that needs to be saved just like anyone else. I even have one shirt that says "not perfect, just forgiven" which says it all. I need grace, that is my part of the testimony. He gives grace!

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have thought this also - I did not want to wear testimony items like the cross or tee shirts because I was ashamed. Not of Him, but me! I felt I was not a good enough person and I might actually discourage people away from the Lord. I concluded that I am just another sinner that needs to be saved just like anyone else. I even have one shirt that says "not perfect, just forgiven" which says it all. I need grace, that I part of the testimony. He gives grace!
Those were my thoughts exactly. My thinking wasn't in a good spot in general. Just lot of bitterness & sadness. Is that really being a good witness? At best people just seeing you go thru the motions? Not that I was bitter or sad about God in particular, just myself. Then God took it away, or is taking it away, b/c I asked in Jesus' name & believed he could.

I saw a shirt I want: "I don't have pronouns, I have adjectives: saved, forgiven, reborn". Something like that. IDK tho, I don't want to pick a fight necessarily, shirts more simple then that. Just "saved, forgiven, reborn". That's good enough.

I was also wearing against a cross necklace in particular b/c I see celebrities wear cross necklaces & it seemed fake to me. But then I thought "God will allow me to do it right" & "I wear secular stuff like shirts w/ my favorite sports teams, so what's wrong w/ wearing a cross?"

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Try not to pooh pooh all of our ideas. Just pick one - you’ll feel better. @DragonFox91
Am I? I feel like I'm being receptive to them. Sorry. I will try better: I like them all. They're all really good. There's so many opportunities, it's hard to pick just one! I also believe I should evaluate them knowing the strengths & weaknesses God gave me! :smile:

• Winner
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0