How did the earliest Christians differ from us.

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
"Therefore come out from their midst and be separate, says the Lord, and touch nothing unclean, and I will receive you."

but about the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden, God has said, ‘You must not eat of it or touch it, or you will die.’ ”

...the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life...

To the one who conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

The God of our fathers raised Yeshua, whom you killed by hanging him on a tree.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,744.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life...

To the one who conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

The God of our fathers raised Yeshua, whom you killed by hanging him on a tree.

(for he that is hanged is accursed of God)

to be hanged on a tree is to be lifted up, it is to be caught between heaven and earth... a neither here nor there, it is to wander in a field caught between two mountains ...

where we become lost is between our ears, which relates to the first of three questions God asked Adam "where are you" Jesus kept the law "thou shall not eat of it" and so the tree which in picture is his soul yielded up its/her fruit without him having to touch it ...

what we will overcome is the perception of self/truth as an image/lie (old man) afforded to us by our own reasoning between two fruits, which is to say we will come out from between the breasts of our mother

Job does not get a new wife/soul but new children/thoughts ....

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
(for he that is hanged is accursed of God)

to be hanged on a tree is to be lifted up, it is to be caught between heaven and earth... a neither here nor there, it is to wander in a field caught between two mountains ...

where we become lost is between our ears, which relates to the first of three questions God asked Adam "where are you" Jesus kept the law "thou shall not eat of it" and so the tree which in picture is his soul yielded up its/her fruit without him having to touch it ...

what we will overcome is the perception of self/truth as an image/lie (old man) afforded to us by our own reasoning between two fruits, which is to say we will come out from between the breasts of our mother

Job does not get a new wife/soul but new children/thoughts ....

Then the LORD said to Moses, “Make a fiery serpent and mount it on a pole. When anyone who is bitten looks at it, he will live.” And Moses made a serpent of brass, and set it upon the pole; and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he looked unto the serpent of brass, he lived.

"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Then the LORD said to Moses, “Make a fiery serpent and mount it on a pole. When anyone who is bitten looks at it, he will live.” And Moses made a serpent of brass, and set it upon the pole; and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he looked unto the serpent of brass, he lived.

"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
That's one of my favorite little segments of the Bible. And then later on that bronze serpent turned into an idol, I think during one of my favorite Kings Hezekiah? Memory is Rusty.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,744.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's one of my favorite little segments of the Bible. And then later on that bronze serpent turned into an idol, I think during one of my favorite Kings Hezekiah? Memory is Rusty.

He removed the high places, shattered the sacred pillars, and cut down the Asherah poles. He also demolished the bronze snake called Nehushtan that Moses had made, for up to that time the Israelites had burned incense to it.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He removed the high places, shattered the sacred pillars, and cut down the Asherah poles. He also demolished the bronze snake called Nehushtan that Moses had made, for up to that time the Israelites had burned incense to it.
That was Hezekiah right? I definitely think he was one of the better Kings. I liked that he was not* perfect but that he turned closer to God. Of course David was like that too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,744.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

what hangs on a pole/tree/cross is what we will overcome ... as an image seen in the brazen laver ....

• Useful
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,744.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That was Hezekiah right? I definitely think he was one of the better Kings. I liked that he was in perfect but that he turned closer to God. Of course David was like that too.

yes 2 Kings 18:4

today incense is burned to the image of Jesus nailed to his cross ....

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
His name means god strengthens or God is my strength. "He tore down the high places" and such could appear that he is doing evil. Also Jesus was thought to be evil by some. But we also know that there are evil spirits in high places and that they need to be torn down. The difference being that God shines in the heavens and on the Earth like the sun and stars while the Devil Falls to the Earth and deceives it.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,744.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
His name means god strengthens or God is my strength. "He tore down the high places" and such could appear that he is doing evil. Also Jesus was thought to be evil by some. But we also know that there are evil spirits in high places and that they need to be torn down. The difference being that God shines in the heavens and on the Earth like the sun and stars while the Devil Falls to the Earth and deceives it.

the image that is not, yet is, which provokes God to jealousy as one who stands in the holy place opposing God is the perception of self/truth seeded by a serpent/flesh ... it is this perception we must flee/turn from .... i see Adam/man as the star/son that fell from heaven as one formed from the ground outside the garden and this living soul the very image we overcome ....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

nakhash...tannin...the matteh of Moshe Rabbeinu....the matteh of Aharon HaKohen...
Exodus 4:3
Exodus 7:12

Reactions: Noxot
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,744.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
nakhash...tannin...the matteh of Moshe Rabbeinu....the matteh of Aharon HaKohen...
Exodus 4:3
Exodus 7:12

the law of life swallows up the law of death .... notice when the rod/law is cast down it becomes a serpent, but when picked up by its tail (pick up your cross) becomes a rod/law again ..

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,744.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Relational symbolism abounds; growing in us even as as it is beheld.

Are early Christian's any different ... no, they differ only in the confines of the narrative they beheld this gospel in.

i love symbolism, speaking of which a rod or staff relates to the law and the law our identity, which the stripping of the bark reveals the truth of .... love how this symbolism is revealed in how Jacob divided the flock ....

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think the trick is to practice the highest magic rather than inferior ones. Theurgy. most occultism does not concern itself with God. In the same manner most biologists do not contemplate God by studying creatures. They do use biology as a tool to try to understand the world though. But the division between the sheep and the goats will show who said they would but didn't and those that said they won't but did.

• Agree
Reactions: Scott Husted
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
to till the ground is a laboring/reasoning to bring forth, which affords us a mentality of a beast which is dust ... and it is this dust/mentality we are to shake from our feet/walk ....

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths."

• Agree
Reactions: honey badger
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
i love symbolism, speaking of which a rod or staff relates to the law and the law our identity, which the stripping of the bark reveals the truth of .... love how this symbolism is revealed in how Jacob divided the flock ....

Would you say that the stripping of the bark can be likened to stripping away all of the 'isms' that covered The Faith throughout the centuries?

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,744.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would you say that the stripping of the bark can be likened to stripping away all of the 'isms' that covered The Faith throughout the centuries?

picture the bark as a covering and the covering a perception in relation to an identity it affords us ...

Upvote 0