How did the earliest Christians differ from us.

Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Stand by the roads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls.

Carefully walk a straight path, and all your ways will be secure.

He leads me in paths of righteousness for His Name's sake.

Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him. Every valley will be filled, every mountain made low. Roads will become straight, rough ways smooth. And all will see God's salvation (Yeshua).

For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

I will lead the blind by a way they did not know; I will guide them on unfamiliar paths. I will turn darkness into light before them and rough places into level ground. These things I will do for them, and I will not forsake them.

He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for the sake of His name.

• Informative
Reactions: venksta
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I will lead the blind by a way they did not know; I will guide them on unfamiliar paths. I will turn darkness into light before them and rough places into level ground. These things I will do for them, and I will not forsake them.

He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for the sake of His name.

I have directed you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in upright paths.

The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have directed you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in upright paths.

The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.

The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light;

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light;

But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law.

Having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints

Then the eyes of those who see will not be closed, and the ears of those who hear will give attention.

In that day the deaf shall hear the words of a book, and out of their gloom and darkness the eyes of the blind shall see.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law.

Having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints

Then the eyes of those who see will not be closed, and the ears of those who hear will give attention.

In that day the deaf shall hear the words of a book, and out of their gloom and darkness the eyes of the blind shall see.

And He says to him, "Truly, truly, I say to all of you, you will see the heaven opened, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man."

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
And He says to him, "Truly, truly, I say to all of you, you will see the heaven opened, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man."

O Lord my God, you are very great! You are clothed with splendor and majesty, stretching out the heavens like a tent. he lays the beams of His chambers on the waters; He makes
the clouds his chariot; He rides on the wings of the wind; He makes His messengers winds, His ministers a flaming fire.

Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying: “ ‘Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come!

Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. In a loud voice they were saying: “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!”

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
O Lord my God, you are very great! You are clothed with splendor and majesty, stretching out the heavens like a tent. he lays the beams of His chambers on the waters; He makes
the clouds his chariot; He rides on the wings of the wind; He makes His messengers winds, His ministers a flaming fire.

Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying: “ ‘Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come!

Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. In a loud voice they were saying: “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!”

And Noah waited seven more days and sent out the dove again, but this time she did not return to him.

And immediately, having been baptized, Jesus went up from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and alighting upon Him.

And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, having been prepared as a bride having been adorned for her husband.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
And Noah waited seven more days and sent out the dove again, but this time she did not return to him.

And immediately, having been baptized, Jesus went up from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and alighting upon Him.

And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, having been prepared as a bride having been adorned for her husband.

When you lie down among the sheepfolds, You are like the wings of a dove covered with silver, And its pinions with glistening gold.

How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! And the children of men take refuge in the shadow of Your wings

Like an eagle that stirs up its nest, That hovers over its young, He spread His wings and caught them, He carried them on His pinions.

Let me dwell in Your tent forever; Let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings

Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you lie down among the sheepfolds, You are like the wings of a dove covered with silver, And its pinions with glistening gold.

How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! And the children of men take refuge in the shadow of Your wings

Like an eagle that stirs up its nest, That hovers over its young, He spread His wings and caught them, He carried them on His pinions.

Let me dwell in Your tent forever; Let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings

Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling

And the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; so they sewed together fig leaves and made coverings for themselves.

And to Adam He said: “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you not to eat, cursed is the ground because of you; through toil you will eat of it all the days of your life.

Seeing a fig tree by the road, He went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. “May you never bear fruit again!” He said. And immediately the tree withered.

Then He said to the tree, “May no one ever eat of your fruit again.” And His disciples heard this statement.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
And the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; so they sewed together fig leaves and made coverings for themselves.

And to Adam He said: “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you not to eat, cursed is the ground because of you; through toil you will eat of it all the days of your life.

Seeing a fig tree by the road, He went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. “May you never bear fruit again!” He said. And immediately the tree withered.

Then He said to the tree, “May no one ever eat of your fruit again.” And His disciples heard this statement.

One basket had very good figs, like those that ripen early; the other basket had very bad figs, so bad they could not be eaten. Then the LORD asked me, “What do you see, Jeremiah?” “Figs,” I answered. “The good ones are very good, but the bad ones are so bad they cannot be eaten."

Then he told this parable: “A man had a fig tree growing in his vineyard, and he went to look for fruit on it but did not find any. So he said to the man who took care of the vineyard, ‘For three years now I’ve been coming to look for fruit on this fig tree and haven’t found any. Cut it down! Why should it use up the soil?’ “ ‘Sir,’ the man replied, ‘leave it alone for one more year, and I’ll dig around it and fertilize it. If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down.’ ”

Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One basket had very good figs, like those that ripen early; the other basket had very bad figs, so bad they could not be eaten. Then the LORD asked me, “What do you see, Jeremiah?” “Figs,” I answered. “The good ones are very good, but the bad ones are so bad they cannot be eaten."

Then he told this parable: “A man had a fig tree growing in his vineyard, and he went to look for fruit on it but did not find any. So he said to the man who took care of the vineyard, ‘For three years now I’ve been coming to look for fruit on this fig tree and haven’t found any. Cut it down! Why should it use up the soil?’ “ ‘Sir,’ the man replied, ‘leave it alone for one more year, and I’ll dig around it and fertilize it. If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down.’ ”

Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.

For thus saith the LORD; Behold, they whose judgment was not to drink of the cup have assuredly drunken;

Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
For thus saith the LORD; Behold, they whose judgment was not to drink of the cup have assuredly drunken;

Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

For in the hand of the Lord there is a cup with foaming wine, well mixed, and he pours out from it, and all the wicked of the earth shall drain it down to the dregs.

Take from my hand this cup of the wine of wrath, and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it.

I will bring distress on mankind, so that they shall walk like the blind, because they have sinned against the Lord; their blood shall be poured out like dust, and their flesh like dung.

Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.

To open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness.

Hear, you deaf, and look, you blind, that you may see!

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For in the hand of the Lord there is a cup with foaming wine, well mixed, and he pours out from it, and all the wicked of the earth shall drain it down to the dregs.

Take from my hand this cup of the wine of wrath, and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it.

I will bring distress on mankind, so that they shall walk like the blind, because they have sinned against the Lord; their blood shall be poured out like dust, and their flesh like dung.

Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.

To open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness.

Hear, you deaf, and look, you blind, that you may see!

saying, "Father, if You are willing, take away this cup from Me. Yet not My will, but Yours be done."

Therefore when Jesus took the sour wine, He said "It has been finished." And having bowed the head, He yielded up the spirit.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
saying, "Father, if You are willing, take away this cup from Me. Yet not My will, but Yours be done."

Therefore when Jesus took the sour wine, He said "It has been finished." And having bowed the head, He yielded up the spirit.

The cup that I drink you will drink, and with the baptism with which I am baptized, you will be baptized, but to sit at my right hand or at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared.

I will lift up the cup of salvation, and will call on the name of the Lord!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The cup that I drink you will drink, and with the baptism with which I am baptized, you will be baptized, but to sit at my right hand or at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared.

I will lift up the cup of salvation, and will call on the name of the Lord!

Babylon was a gold cup in the hand of the LORD, making the whole earth drunk. The nations drank her wine; therefore the nations have gone mad.

And the woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stone and pearls, holding a golden cup in her hand, being full of abominations and the impurity of her sexual immorality.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Babylon was a gold cup in the hand of the LORD, making the whole earth drunk. The nations drank her wine; therefore the nations have gone mad.

And the woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stone and pearls, holding a golden cup in her hand, being full of abominations and the impurity of her sexual immorality.

O daughter of Babylon, doomed to be destroyed, blessed shall he be who repays you with what you have done to us!

As she glorified herself and lived in luxury, so give her a like measure of torment and mourning, since in her heart she says, ‘I sit as a queen, I am no widow, and mourning I shall never see.’

Then a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, “So will Babylon the great city be thrown down with violence, and will be found no more...

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
O daughter of Babylon, doomed to be destroyed, blessed shall he be who repays you with what you have done to us!

As she glorified herself and lived in luxury, so give her a like measure of torment and mourning, since in her heart she says, ‘I sit as a queen, I am no widow, and mourning I shall never see.’

Then a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, “So will Babylon the great city be thrown down with violence, and will be found no more...

I have decked my bed with coverings, with colored linen from Egypt.

She makes coverings for her bed; her clothing is fine linen and purple.

Behold, I will cast her onto a bed of sickness, and those who commit adultery with her will suffer great tribulation unless they repent of her deeds.

And the kings of the earth, the ones having committed sexual immorality and having lived luxuriously with her, will weep and will wail for her when they see the smoke of her burning,

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I have decked my bed with coverings, with colored linen from Egypt.

She makes coverings for her bed; her clothing is fine linen and purple.

Behold, I will cast her onto a bed of sickness, and those who commit adultery with her will suffer great tribulation unless they repent of her deeds.

And the kings of the earth, the ones having committed sexual immorality and having lived luxuriously with her, will weep and will wail for her when they see the smoke of her burning,

SHABBAT SHALOM! :)

Upvote 0