USA
✟954,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
But all things must be done appropriately and in an orderly manner.

Why would you want someone fornicating under your roof? Whether they commit the act is unimportant. There should be no hint of impropriety nor the suggestion of condolence from a child of God and one who works for the Lord.

You have read, everything under the heavens belongs to God. The place where you dwell is His. He's entrusted your stewardship of the property and planted you there for His purposes. And if it be holy and consecrated how can the profane find welcome?

We know His teachings on sexual immorality and understand what is meant by the marriage bed. That is the only state He permits for companions to share that space. It's your responsibility to uphold those truths. Which sets a good example for your visitors and keeps the devil underfoot.

~bella

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟391,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
You can find the answer in the Sabbath commandment, where it was commanded that anyone who is a guest within your gates should observe the commandments of God.

Exodus 20:10 ...nor thy stranger that is within thy gates...

• Agree
Reactions: Pop D.
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟800,552.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Hey - for years we have made the stand that un married folks stay in separate rooms in our house.

I assume this might be considered extreme and 'forcing morality' on others.

Your thoughts ???
My father would not even welcome family (niece) to reunions and family gatherings if she brought her live-in boyfriend. —Not because he or anyone else was better than they, but because he considered having them there a public statement of acceptance of that lifestyle. Whether he would have done so if they were, for example, passing by, or visiting, I don't really know, though I think his niece would have known better than to ask.

For myself, I am more lax, though I agree with his 'public statement' POV. I have lesbian friends, 'married', who know where I stand on the matter. But then, they have no reason to impose. So, it's up to you. In the long run, what matters is its effect on them, I think. —Would they consider them staying in the same room in your house an acceptance of what they do?

Not to lay more on you than I like laid on me, but, "Whatsoever is not of faith is sin" may apply here. Make your mind up, and if you are wrong, at least let them know why you decided what you did.

Upvote 0