May 2, 2006
Knoxville, TN
✟19,773.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
:wave:

Homosexuality is slavery. Period. Those who are homosexual and act upon it are chaining themselves up to the Devil and to the world.

People who are gay...

Well, first, let me clarify. The verb "to be" is inappropriate. "I am gay" is a wrong statement; it does not define who I am (or you, or them, whatever). Saying "I/You struggle with same-sex attraction and passions" is more appropriate.

Anywho. Being gay in and of itself is not wrong. The bible makes it pretty clear that it's wrong... If anyone really needs me to point out that common Scriptures in "debating" homosexuality, I suppose I will. I am sure they have been thrown around plenty enough, however.

Acting upon these same-sex passions, however, is very sinful. Same with opposite-sex passions--they must abstain from lust and other such. However, "homosexuals" struggle even moreso, unable to marry or date or any of that. Acting upon one's "gayness" is slavery in its highest form. Acting upon it means you are giving in, submitting to the Devil, and allowing him to place shackles on you and tie you down. This is slavery, with same-sex passions or with any other sin. It's pure slavery.

Jesus will set you free! Live a celibate life in secular society or in a monastery! Seek God! The cross we "homosexuals" bear is surely heavy, but God will give us nothing we cannot bear!

(/Edited in) I do not say these things out of malice, but out of love. All too often I seek the false happiness and desire to fall in love with a man. But I cannot escape the reality of God, and I try to seek true happiness and true joy found only in Christ. I pray that y'all seek it as well.(/)

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy spirit, Amen.

Lord, have mercy.

:crosseo:

Last edited:

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
JustinHesychast said:
Homosexuality is slavery. Period.

The other side of the coin on this issue is that those who are gay or lesbian having to arbitrarily stay celibate is slavery. Not just slavery, but a life of misery that God would not wish upon anyone.

The orientation is unfixable/unchangeable, YOU are separating an act from the orientation. You might as well say that those with SSA are slaves.

The humorous thing I find about your homosexuality-slavery comparison, is that the Bible condones slavery in a few places.

Reactions: bluegill_04
Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is not slavery to free yourself from the passions! This is what the Devil wants us to think! A celibate life, and a life dedicated to God, is such wonderful freedom compared to the cruel shackles of indulgence in our sins! :)
The truth speaks volumes. Those who are seeking ex-gay therapy or lives of celibacy out of religious oppression (and not just because they want to remain single) usually are the ones that are sad and miserable.

There isn't a single reason why a person cannot have a loving, monogamous relationship with someone who happens to be the same gender. Those who accept and embrace their sexual orientation, and live in monogamous relationships can have very fulfilling lives, and they often do.

Reactions: bluegill_04
Upvote 0

AureateDawn

Love & Peace
May 2, 2006
Knoxville, TN
✟19,773.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The truth speaks volumes.
Yes, it does! ^_^

Those who are seeking ex-gay therapy or lives of celibacy out of religious oppression (and not just because they want to remain single) usually are the ones that are sad and miserable.
I've never mentioned ex-gay therapy. That largely fails and can often have terribly negative spiritual and psychology effects. Seeking a life of celibacy is a very courageous and blessed thing to do, and it has nothing to do with religious oppression. It has everything to do with loving God and trying one's best to follow Him, despite all of our many weaknesses and our many sins. And through following our Lord Jesus Christ comes joy!

There isn't a single reason why a person cannot have a loving, monogamous relationship with someone who happens to be the same gender. Those who accept and embrace their sexual orientation, and live in monogamous relationships can have very fulfilling lives, and they often do.

God condemns it, that is why. But of course, sure you can have a fulfilling life in a certain sense... many secular people often can have a successful and "fulfilling" life... but it isn't truly a completely fulfilling life without God (or with God, but not following what He knows is best for us.... it's ok, I don't follow him fully either, I fail every day and try my best to get up again by His great mercy).

May God bless you. :)

Upvote 0

texastig

The diablo is in the phone booth dialing 911
Feb 24, 2007
✟14,230.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is not slavery to free yourself from the passions! This is what the Devil wants us to think! A celibate life, and a life dedicated to God, is such wonderful freedom compared to the cruel shackles of indulgence in our sins! :)

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

BreadAlone

Hylian Knight
Aug 11, 2006
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟21,772.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

Homosexuality is slavery. Period. Those who are homosexual and act upon it are chaining themselves up to the Devil and to the world.

People who are gay...

Well, first, let me clarify. The verb "to be" is inappropriate. "I am gay" is a wrong statement; it does not define who I am (or you, or them, whatever). Saying "I/You struggle with same-sex attraction and passions" is more appropriate.

Anywho. Being gay in and of itself is not wrong. The bible makes it pretty clear that it's wrong... If anyone really needs me to point out that common Scriptures in "debating" homosexuality, I suppose I will.

Acting upon these same-sex passions, however, is very sinful. Same with opposite-sex passions--they must abstain from lust and other such. However, "homosexuals" struggle even moreso, unable to marry or date or any of that. Acting upon one's "gayness" is slavery in its highest form. Acting upon it means you are giving in, submitting to the Devil, and allowing him to place shackles on you and tie you down. This is slavery, with same-sex passions or with any other sin. It's pure slavery.

Jesus will set you free! Live a celibate life in secular society or in a monastery! Seek God! The cross we "homosexuals" bear is surely heavy, but God will give us nothing we cannot bear!

Lord, have mercy.

:amen: The Lord be with you, brother!! :amen:

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

People who are gay...

Anywho. Being gay in and of itself is not wrong. The bible makes it pretty clear that it's wrong... If anyone really needs me to point out that common Scriptures in "debating" homosexuality, I suppose I will.

Lord, have mercy.

So the choice you advocate for those that are gay, is to join a Monastery or remain celibate ? I thought celibacy was supposed to be a gift for only some ? In addition, how long have you been celibate, maybe 1 year since you just exited puberty. I would be more apt to likisten,if the message was coming from someone who was 45 and still celibate.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, celibacy in a monastery or celibacy within a secular society.

If not me, then how about Blessed Fr. Seraphim Rose? :)

Well yes, father Seraphim Rose was a priest. Priests choose to be celibate as part of their vocation. But as far as him being Gay, there was much debate surrounding it. His family denies it and father seraphim never quoted that he was. So it comes down to heresay. But i don't think it would be a great idea to join a Monastery or become a priest based soley on the fact that you are running from Homosexual tendencies. Thats has often met with disaster.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FaithLikeARock

Let the human mind loose.
Nov 19, 2007
California
✟4,662.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Sin is a sign of slavery.

But some of us disagree with you that homosexuality is sin so...

Celibacy is a gift. For God to create people homosexual and force them to use their gift goes against how the Bible explains gifts. Gifts are by God, however there is no punishment if you choose not to use them (though if there is, it isn't in the Bible). Though God does hope for you to use them but sometimes our will contradicts. I am celibate. Whether or not that is my gift or my choice I don't know yet. But God would never say "well you either have to be this or you're sinning". That would break free will which interferes with how we were designed to live. If God could just force us to do things, we wouldn't need to worry about salvation.

Also, this sentence contradicts itself. So it is wrong and then it ISN'T? Huh?:

Being gay in and of itself is not wrong. The bible makes it pretty clear that it's wrong.

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

People who are gay...

Do you also think it more appropriate to suggest that black people should not say “I am black” rather they should say “I struggle with non-white skin tones”?

You might do well to read through the threads here. Your “common” scriptures have been confronted many times

Acting upon these same-sex passions, however, is very sinful. Same with opposite-sex passions--they must abstain from lust and other such. However, "homosexuals" struggle even moreso, unable to marry or date or any of that.
Gays and lesbians certainly are bale to date and marry. There are millions of happy same sex couples/families

Acting upon one's "gayness" is slavery in its highest form. Acting upon it means you are giving in, submitting to the Devil, and allowing him to place shackles on you and tie you down. This is slavery, with same-sex passions or with any other sin. It's pure slavery.
Or it means rejecting the message of prejudice some Christians send and embracing honesty and happiness and founding a family with the person they love

Lord, have mercy.

Its interesting you claim a life of denial and self hatred is a life of “freedom”

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Nonsense, love is never of the devil.

People who are gay...

Not at all, my sexuality is part of who I am. Not the be all and end all of course, but part of me. Obviously now I'm into my third year with the same woman, my relationship which is a "gay" relationship is a big part of my life too.

I dont struggle with SSA either, in fact Im extremely happy in my attraction to other women. Its good.

None of those scriptures are at all clear, in fact they are disturbingly vague.

Nonsense, there is very little evidence that homosexuality is a sin. I am extremely happy in my relationship with God and my romantic relationship with my girlfreind. In fact she was the one that led me to God in the first place as when we first met I was non-Christian. A loving God would never let homosexuals have these natural urges if we werent supposed to act on them, I believe sexuality and sex (assuming they are in consensual commited relationships) are gifts to be celebrated from God.

Lord, have mercy.

I love the way people seem to always assume all homosexuals are male in their posts. I have no desire to be a nun, nor give up my wonderful loving relationship to be alone and celibate. God and I are on great terms thank you, and fortunately no amount of nonsense spouted on forums is going to rob me of that.

Upvote 0
P

Phinehas2

Well for Bible believing Christians Jesus teaches that anyone who sins is a slave to sin - John 8:34. Romans 6:6.
"Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?
- Romans 6:16

So being gay and having same-sex attraction isnt slavery, but acting on it in denial of the truth of God's word is being a slave to sin and disobeying God.
Of course if people dont believe same-sex sex is a sin they dont need to worry about believing John 8 or Romans 6

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Dear HaloHope,
lets everyone be celbate 'then' ?
The point being that according to Jesus teaching, a celibate lifestyle isnt disordered or unnatural as was claimed and whether you personally agree or not.

My point was if celibacy is so fantastically great and all then why don't all the hetrosexuals here abandon their relationships and become monks and nuns! Isn't that a fantastic idea, i'd imagine all of you would be leaping for joy at the prospect no?

Upvote 0