Mar 5, 2003
Central New York
Visit site
✟26,728.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And did I say that it should be used? Why do you keep shrugging? We all don't share the same opinions, and believe it or not, not everything you believe is 100% in line with what God is, and neither am I.

Part of Christ is showing humility and love.

So God ordains homosexuality in many species but condemns it in us...so it is only perverse in our species? trying to follow your logic, thanks.

Yes. It is only perverse in our species.

Upvote 0

david_x

I So Hate Consequences!!!!
Dec 24, 2004
Indiana
✟21,439.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So God ordains homosexuality in many species but condemns it in us...so it is only perverse in our species? trying to follow your logic, thanks.

Animals kill each other, cats do it for plesure. That is not sinning because they can't dissapointe God.

Just type homosexuality in animal on google, and there you are. It happens, it's natural, and it's silly to try and deny it.

They are witless animals, they don't know what their doing. To say that their Gay is ridiculous. They show affection, aggression, and all emotions differently than we do.

Upvote 0

ScottBot

Revolutionary
May 2, 2005
a state of desperation
✟57,712.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just type homosexuality in animal on google, and there you are. It happens, it's natural, and it's silly to try and deny it.
Can an animal sin? Did Jesus die for your cat? Lets try to present some arguements that have some semblance of relation to the Gospel.

Upvote 0

david_x

I So Hate Consequences!!!!
Dec 24, 2004
Indiana
✟21,439.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Animals aren't witless, and they still show emotion. To say they're gay is not rediculous.

I didn't say that they did not show emotion, while we are on the subject they are very cold blooded when it comes to eating their own young and killing other animals.

It's rediculous to say that they're gay because the don't "fall in love" They are programed and controled by hormones.

Most animals do not even have logic skills, they are difinently witless.

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes. It is only perverse in our species.
That doesn't make sense. He makes room for it with all the rest, but not us. There is also no real way of changing it in our species.
Consistency in sexuality throughout all of creations, is just the natural truth.

Upvote 0

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That doesn't make sense. He makes room for it with all the rest, but not us. There is also no real way of changing it in our species.
Consistency in sexuality throughout all of creations, is just the natural truth.
There is no consistency in nature for sexuality, though. For instance, some species function in lifelong monogamous relationships, while others do not. The variable behaviors change from species to species. The unity you have in that plethora of diversity is that each species was indelibly created to function in some normative form of sexual expression, as a general standard.

Upvote 0

Gusoceros

Head Rhino
Mar 1, 2004
✟8,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And did I say that it should be used? Why do you keep shrugging? We all don't share the same opinions, and believe it or not, not everything you believe is 100% in line with what God is, and neither am I.

Part of Christ is showing humility and love.

Brother- it is in love, that I am sharing this stuff with you. I do not want to see you deceived.

Animal behavior after the fall, is not indicative of how God designed the animals initially. They are not representative of God's plan- God did not ordain homosexuality in animals, that is a result of the fall.

G

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Brother- it is in love, that I am sharing this stuff with you. I do not want to see you deceived.

Animal behavior after the fall, is not indicative of how God designed the animals initially. They are not representative of God's plan- God did not ordain homosexuality in animals, that is a result of the fall.

G
I seem more decieved when I get into these interpretations. I know what you are saying, but there are other interpretations of what the Scriptures mean, I already showed you those resources.

It isn't love that you are sharing this, you think it is, but all it will do is confuse, and depress.
I know God doesn't care, He doesn't come up with arbitrary sins.

I like guys -- sue me :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gusoceros

Head Rhino
Mar 1, 2004
✟8,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I seem more decieved when I get into these interpretations. I know what you are saying, but there are other interpretations of what the Scriptures mean, I already showed you those resources.

It isn't love that you are sharing this, you think it is, but all it will do is confuse, and depress.
I know God doesn't care, He doesn't come up with arbitrary sins.

I like guys -- sue me :)

Its not about you. Its about what is right. Its not arbitrary, and God does care- to say He doesnt, goes against the Bible- which is the standard by which you judge your spiritual advice to tell where its coming from. Satan masquerades as an angel of light- whenever your spirit tells you to go against the Bible, you can mark that as a satanic source.

Not all spiritual promptings are equal.

G

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Its not about you. Its about what is right. Its not arbitrary, and God does care- to say He doesnt, goes against the Bible- which is the standard by which you judge your spiritual advice to tell where its coming from. Satan masquerades as an angel of light- whenever your spirit tells you to go against the Bible, you can mark that as a satanic source.

Not all spiritual promptings are equal.

G
I guess I will go to hell, then...if it means lying to my family, my friends and everyone else. I am not going to live a lie, like the Exodus founder who went back after He said he was "healed", it's a bunch of BS, and I'm sick of it.

God DOES NOT care, I do pray to Him and I am in constant communion w/Him. At least I know He loves me for who I TRULY am, and He isn't looking to change me.

I know the difference in discernment between the Holy Spirit and Satan, I have had plenty of dealings w/both sides. I am in constant fellowship w/Christ, and I am happier than I have ever been.

Upvote 0

Foundthelight

St. Peter's R.C. Church, Delhi, NY
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2003
Central New York
Visit site
✟26,728.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I guess I will go to hell, then...if it means lying to my family, my friends and everyone else. I am not going to live a lie, like the Exodus founder who went back after He said he was "healed", it's a bunch of BS, and I'm sick of it.

God DOES NOT care, I do pray to Him and I am in constant communion w/Him. At least I know He loves me for who I TRULY am, and He isn't looking to change me.

I know the difference in discernment between the Holy Spirit and Satan, I have had plenty of dealings w/both sides. I am in constant fellowship w/Christ, and I am happier than I have ever been.

I will pray for you.

:crossrc:

Upvote 0

Gusoceros

Head Rhino
Mar 1, 2004
✟8,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Again- Im not directing at you, while you seem to want to make it about you.

I dont know where you get the idea you should live a lie, that would also be something to avoid.

God loves us as we are- there is not a one of us without sin. There is not a one of us that doesnt have to die to ourselves, and our fleshly desires, and replace them with Christ. It is an untruth that God wants us to live a sinful life.

FWIW- Im glad you are happy.

G

Upvote 0

Jedi

Knight
Sep 19, 2002
United States
Visit site
✟5,275.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Davidjy said:

I'm not so sure you have to "live a lie" as to struggle with a particular problem. A man born with a bad temper might use the same argument you have here: "If I can't act how I please, then I must be living a lie and I refuse to do so!" I don't think anyone here is suggesting you deny the presence of homosexual desires, only to recognize that they are contrary to how things ought to be and should be fought against.

You're right that God loves you for who you truly are, but do not mistake this love for satisfaction for you in your current state. God is looking to change you for the better; just like everyone else, He wants you to grow. The only way you could suppose that God isn't looking to mold and shape you is to say that you've already arrived at perfection. Are you dearly loved? Certainly. Are you perfect to the point of absolute contentment? Certainly not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That document is very deceiving. It claims to "understand" the roots of homosexuality, when it knows of no such thing.

It also uses Sodom and Gomorrah as an example, which is the worst and poorest example you can come up with. It is a lie to say that they were destroyed for homosexual behavior...they were raping the guests who would enter the city, they didn't help the poor or needy, unwelcoming behavior, etc.

It claims we must all be "fruitful and multiply", that is also a lie. There are many Christian couples that use birth control and condoms and have no desire to have children, and the Apostle Paul stayed single his whole life.

Upvote 0