Wisconsin
✟17,633.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is difficult. I mean I don't have any faith in either of the 2 main parties these days. It is almost like they are the same party with very few differences.

These few differences tend to be more moralistic differences then economic or military or whatever else there is.

So since they are so similar, I also find others voting for certain people depending on their moral views on homosexuality, abortion etc.

Upvote 0
C

catlover

It is difficult. I mean I don't have any faith in either of the 2 main parties these days. It is almost like they are the same party with very few differences..

That is something we can both agree on. :)

These few differences tend to be more moralistic differences then economic or military or whatever else there is...

I think the gov't should stay out of religious moral issues.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:confused:

It is a very controversial subject.

I have had people inform me they voted for a certain political leader because they "didn't want gays to adopt". The vote was cast on this one issue.

What is it about homosexuality that causes people to be so fearful?
have to reedit & don't have time, bbl.

Upvote 0
C

catlover

More gay threads?? I think CF needs a new Gay area at this rate. :swoon:

Please don't confuse "fear" with "harm". If I had a baby, I wouldn't want it raised in a gay environment at all!
If I wouldn't want that for my own baby, why would I want to impose it on others??

What if a gay couple wanted to adopt a child in foster care? Many children are in the foster care system and for some reason they are "unadoptable". Any family would be better than being raised in a group home.

& can I ask, why we're being HOUNDED to conform & accept this lifestyle as if WE have the problem??? I'm really getting fed up with this.
It's bad enough we're fed this in the secular world, now we're in the Christian world having it shoved down our throats too? :mad: :doh: :help:
It's NOT ok & God doesn't condone it. PERIOD. It will be a REAL cold day before the pressure of man pushes me to cower & turn to embrace them. I WILL pray:groupray: for them, but not join their ranks & cause.

Who says I have to accept this activity? You? I answer to GOD, not you, not other Christians, and not the world. Just GOD. And it's HIS commands I'm adhering to despite outside worldly pressures to ditch them.?

How are gays shoving thier activities down our throats?

I picture myself standing in front of His throne, as He pours over my life and works and words.... bowing down to worldly pressure to accept & promote sexual perversion is not something I will be guilty of when I stand there.?[/QUOTE]

That's a wee bit prideful don't you think?

& Let the world hate me. I don't care.

After this hurdle, what's next in line for the church to swallow that the world wants us to accept?? Where does this end?

Who knows? Maybe churches will promote the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity and respect.

Reactions: united4Peace
Upvote 0

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think the gov't should stay out of religious moral issues.
And here comes the most cliche answer in the world. Are you ready?

Should we stop legislating in regards to murder, theft, assault, fraud, perjury, usury, divorce, family affairs, business affairs, etc... etc... ? I think those are also discussed in the Bible, unless I'm terribly mistaken...

Sorry, I had to ask. :D

Upvote 0
C

catlover

And here comes the most cliche answer in the world. Are you ready?

Should we stop legislating in regards to murder, theft, assault, fraud, perjury, usury, divorce, family affairs, business affairs, etc... etc... ? I think those are also discussed in the Bible, unless I'm terribly mistaken...

Sorry, I had to ask. :D

It's okay for asking. :wave:

I don't see why the government is involved in marriage etc.

Murder, stealing which includes fraud etc are pretty much seen as wrong by atheists,humanists, Muslims, Jews,Hindus et all agree those matters are wrong.

Upvote 0

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Murder, stealing which includes fraud etc are pretty much seen as wrong by atheists,humanists, Muslims, Jews,Hindus et all agree those matters are wrong.
I agree on the bid about marriage, but the reasoning was originally that marriage is a good protection for the health and structure of society. I tend to agree with that view to some degree.

I do think that the double edge of a democratic perspective is that views which contradict a democratic perspective need to be tolerated as well as the original view that gave birth to it. Isn't saying morality shouldn't be legislated a bit like saying we shouldn't allow an equal representation in government?

Upvote 0

DailyBlessings

O Christianos Cryptos; Amor Vincit Omnia!
Oct 21, 2004
Berkeley, CA
Visit site
✟30,234.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yet they may hold a great many views concerning these acts and when they should constitute a crime. Examine the controversies over capital punishment and abortion. Because religion and morality touch on all aspects of human activity and behavior, religion is an aspect in most legislative questions, for good or ill.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Myriah

I love you, O Lord, my strength (Ps 18)
Jan 15, 2007
✟8,211.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Well, it depends on the country and it's laws regarding marriage, as marriage between one man and one woman is the norm in Muslim and Asian cultures as well.

It's pretty much been the worldwide norm for thousands of years, with a few exceptions for polygamy in tribes of Africa and things like that.

As far as the fear though, I'd say it stems from fear of change, even in secular people I know.

I don't fear this change though... I think it is inevitable and people need to face that.

As far as voting, that seems fair because that is how "societies" are set up.

I think if polygamists want their equal rights, it would need to be taken to voters, too.

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Either there is absolute moral truth based on God's law, which is supreme, or there is no such thing. . . .

It seems that some are advocating that there is no such thing.

Should God's law, which obedience to brings life and blessing and prosperity to a nation be subordinated to the wishes of some within that nation?

There is a higher moral law . . are we not all as human beings beholden to it regardless of our religious persuasion?

Homosexuality is an abomination to God. It is an abomination because it takes the sexual act God created to be fertile and kills its fertility, kills, destroys the source of human life and turns it into something to be used for self gratificaiton instead. Any nation that allows such an abomination to be promoted and embraced as morally right cannot expect God's blessings to continue . . .

That is why it is important for Christians to stand up for what is morally right. Christian teaching is the fullest revelation of God's truth to man, and God has revealed that this is an abomination. The happiness and prosperity of the nation they live in is at stake.

Upvote 0

Myriah

Jan 15, 2007
✟8,211.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh, and I'd just like to add that I don't "fear" it becuz I have so many of my own problems to deal with each day. I have more than I can handle even in my own family, church and community. I need to keep my focus on what I can do, rather than what I cannot do.

I have problems and issues too that need addressing, and women don't even have "equal" rights all over the whole world. Life is a struggle. I can pray for people, but I am not the judge, and I do have lots of my own problems. So, this is nothing to "fear". I have real fears and challenges in my own life, and hopefully some callings from God will come along where I can do some good in my community and my energies will be put to good use.

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Sometimes we need to step out of what we think we can do and do more . . such as stand up for truth and vote against those who would promote the culture and national embracing of what God has declared an abomination, the embracing of which will cause the blessings of God to be withdrawn . . Can we simply pull into ourselves and say "what can I do" when we have the power to vote against destructive policies?

Upvote 0

Myriah

Jan 15, 2007
✟8,211.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't think it will hurt anyone. Heterosexual couples have their issues too and are not raising perfect families.

I am more liberal in that I am concerned about poverty and starvation and ending greed more than anything.

I also don't think God will take away blessings from a country? Maybe, maybe not. I'm not God. But, hey polygamy was allowed in the Bible. God called and used many, many sinners, and "sexual" ones too. Even Abraham was a sexual sinner in today's modern societies eyes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
C

catlover

I don't think it will hurt anyone. Heterosexual couples have their issues too and are not raising perfect families..

Yes.

I am more liberal in that I am concerned about poverty and starvation and ending greed more than anything. .

Good!

I also don't think God will take away blessings from a country? Maybe, maybe not. I'm not God. But, hey polygamy was allowed in the Bible. God called and used many, many sinners, and "sexual" ones too. Even Abraham was a sexual sinner in today's modern societies eyes

Good point...people get up in arms about polygamy...and Solomon had many, many wives...

Upvote 0

Foundthelight

St. Peter's R.C. Church, Delhi, NY
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2003
Central New York
Visit site
✟26,728.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
God's word says repeatedly that the act is wrong. Those that practice this act are unrepentant sinners, and according to the bible will not enter Heaven. If we call ourselves Christian we must admit that the bible says this. We should be praying for these people that they may come to repentance.

I also feel that it is our job to carry the Word to all people. If they do not choose to believe I cannot do more, only God can. I will shake the dust off my feet and move on. I will not berate, coerce, nor condemn. That is up to the Lord.

Upvote 0