• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Homosexual Infidelity

Jona Anderson

Apr 18, 2021
Hawley
✟8,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I've committed these two awful sins repeatedly and I'm afraid for my eternal soul and for wronging my beautiful wife. I'm at the lowest in my life and I just don't know where to turn to. I need someone to talk to and guide me.

I've been with my beautiful wife for two years, we met on a missions trip in Haiti. When I'm finished working my current contract we plan on settling in a suburb in Wisconsin and starting our family there.

Because of work I've been on the road a lot. I haven't been home in months and I miss it and my wife terribly. Being on the road all the time through rural areas, rest stops are often the only bathroom or place to park and sleep for the night. For years I've traveled this great nation and never had an issue before but I find myself here now.

The first time it happened I ran out and drove hours before stopping. I didn't have an incident for weeks after that but the sin presented itself again and since then its only escalated. I feel sick to my stomach thinking about it. I know I need help I'm begging for forgiveness at this point, I don't know where to go from here.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟941,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've committed these two awful sins repeatedly and I'm afraid for my eternal soul and for wronging my beautiful wife. I'm at the lowest in my life and I just don't know where to turn to. I need someone to talk to and guide me.

I've been with my beautiful wife for two years, we met on a missions trip in Haiti. When I'm finished working my current contract we plan on settling in a suburb in Wisconsin and starting our family there.

Because of work I've been on the road a lot. I haven't been home in months and I miss it and my wife terribly. Being on the road all the time through rural areas, rest stops are often the only bathroom or place to park and sleep for the night. For years I've traveled this great nation and never had an issue before but I find myself here now.

The first time it happened I ran out and drove hours before stopping. I didn't have an incident for weeks after that but the sin presented itself again and since then its only escalated. I feel sick to my stomach thinking about it. I know I need help I'm begging for forgiveness at this point, I don't know where to go from here.
Welcome. Repent. Go home. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The only way to forgiveness is to stop homosexual acts. May need to get tested for HIV. You may tell your wife about your change in lifestyle. Homosexuality ended marriages. Sex addiction is sin and sin leads to death.

• Agree
Reactions: JohnPaul88
Upvote 0
Jul 24, 2021
Ontario
✟17,821.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
First, know that there is forgiveness and restoration to be found in your relationship with God through what Christ has done on your behalf. Maybe working through this with your pastor would be a good idea to help you have support and to work through telling your wife. If you need to talk, feel free to send me a message. I know what it's like to experience same sex attraction. Not sure if this is something you experience as well, but there is hope and freedom found in Christ!

Reactions: Jona Anderson
Upvote 0

Jona Anderson

Apr 18, 2021
Hawley
✟8,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
First, know that there is forgiveness and restoration to be found in your relationship with God through what Christ has done on your behalf. Maybe working through this with your pastor would be a good idea to help you have support and to work through telling your wife. If you need to talk, feel free to send me a message. I know what it's like to experience same sex attraction. Not sure if this is something you experience as well, but there is hope and freedom found in Christ!

Thank you and I would be more than happy to talk if you're available. I've been trying to make a private message on here but am having trouble.

Upvote 0

kelman

Feb 12, 2022
USA
✟17,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

kelman

Feb 12, 2022
USA
✟17,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was a truck driver for many years and I understand the awful feeling. I never had an incident but it certainly was there. I tried to avoid rest areas and truck stops when possible. It’s a tough struggle but understand it is not something that you can’t be forgiven for. My struggles were not with same sex but the same thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0