Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lambslove said:
They only voted on the homosexual marriage issue. The didn't vote for any candidates or other issues.

I would think that if anybody has an obligation to fight in this war, it would be the person who says Christians must always submit to their government and never participate in its decisions, like the decision to go to war.

:scratch:Now that is sorta what I'm thinking of...I wonder...didn't vote for a person or other issues, but selected out something...

Upvote 0

Danfrey

Warning -- Anabaptist views
Feb 9, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
✟1,080.00
Faith
Anabaptist
lambslove said:
God can't be illogical. His logic begins and ends with love.

If you think it's loving to allow homosexuals to get married, legally sanctioned by the state you live in, then I would think you are a lot more liberal than you are letting on.

If you think that we must submit to the government on matters of the death penalty without objection, than you must also think we must submit to them on matters of abortion and military action without objection. That seems more like a "go along to get along" attitude than it does a godly righteousness.
Actually, my feelings on the "Issues go this way"

fight abortion--House an unwed mother

fight Homosexual marriage--Develop a real man to man or woman to woman relationship with someone struggling with homosexual temptation.

Laws against these things don't change hearts. If you want to make a difference on these issues, do something to help those who are struggling.

As far as going along to get along. It wasn't the government persecuting our Anabaptist ancestors. It was the so called Christians who wanted to use the governments power to push their cause that drowned them and burned them at the stake.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
menno said:
:scratch:Now that is sorta what I'm thinking of...I wonder...didn't vote for a person or other issues, but selected out something...

Say a moral issue that is clearly resolved scripturally?

Like abortion or the legalization of homosexual unions?

I think a Christian has a moral obligation to speak out, regardless of what historically has happened.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Danfrey said:
Actually, my feelings on the "Issues go this way"

fight abortion--House an unwed mother

fight Homosexual marriage--Develop a real man to man or woman to woman relationship with someone struggling with homosexual temptation.

Laws against these things don't change hearts. If you want to make a difference on these issues, do something to help those who are struggling.

So you do those things?

As far as going along to get along. It wasn't the government persecuting our Anabaptist ancestors. It was the so called Christians who wanted to use the governments power to push their cause that drowned them and burned them at the stake.

The church and the state were one entity in those days.

Upvote 0

Danfrey

Feb 9, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
✟1,080.00
Faith
Anabaptist
lambslove said:
So you do those things?

The church and the state were one entity in those days.
Actually, I have been involved in other items similar, but I am not trying to convince myself that I am making a difference by puching a hole in a piece of paper. Many are more willing to protest in front of an abortion clinic than do something to help the mother.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Danfrey said:
Actually, I have been involved in other items similar, but I am not trying to convince myself that I am making a difference by puching a hole in a piece of paper. Many are more willing to protest in front of an abortion clinic than do something to help the mother.

Punching a hole in a piece of paper does and did make a difference. The issue defining marriage as one man and one woman was passed by a large margin, thanks in part to the large Amish population that voted.

I used to live near the largest abortion "clinic" in Ohio, the one where the "partial birth procedure" was invented. I seldom saw anyone protesting there. I always saw someone standing there praying. Can you say you have ever done that? Or are you all talk, no action?

Upvote 0

Danfrey

Feb 9, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
✟1,080.00
Faith
Anabaptist
lambslove said:
Punching a hole in a piece of paper does and did make a difference. The issue defining marriage as one man and one woman was passed by a large margin, thanks in part to the large Amish population that voted.

I used to live near the largest abortion "clinic" in Ohio, the one where the "partial birth procedure" was invented. I seldom saw anyone protesting there. I always saw someone standing there praying. Can you say you have ever done that? Or are you all talk, no action?
Lambslove,

It is obvious, you are offended by my views. I can deal with this and will end this conversation as we are not getting anywhere.

Blessings
Danfrey

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Danfrey said:
Lambslove,

It is obvious, you are offended by my views. I can deal with this and will end this conversation as we are not getting anywhere.

Blessings
Danfrey

I am not in the least offended by your views. But I do think you are not as able to defend yours as you thought you were.

It's okay. Being challenged just makes a person dig into the scriptures deeper and then it becomes easier to understand them and defend them.

No hard feelings at all on my end.

Forgive your sister in Christ for upsetting you? :sorry:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.