Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey there! I'm starting this thread in my campaign of the awareness of the voice of God... and I felt that the Charismatic Movement thread would be the best place to start it up. Why? I've heard more of a focus on a higher level of relationship with God coming through joining the Charismatic movement (Yes I know there can be a high level of intimacy outside of the movement - don't get me wrong... it's not that kind of thread) So here's where the rubber meets the road!

SnuP (which ironically is PunS backward lol) opened a thread on your relationship with God. Relationships develop through communication (primarily). So here goes:

What is God saying to you right now? Is He saying anything? Are you listening?

Now if it's too personal and you dont feel comfortable sharing that's fine we'll all understand. But for those who are recieving specific instructions or just enjoying chatting with God... please post and share what God is doing because we'd all love to hear (at least I know I would) :D :D

BigToe

You are my itchy sweater.
Jun 24, 2003
Sudzo's Purple Palace of Snuggles
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
oh, i so like this thread, great question!

Is God talking to me? All the time, do I hear him? Not as often as I should. I need to work on listening, I am not great at that.

God likes us to talk to Him and tell him what is going on in our lives, just as we would with our friends. So we do a lot of chatting.

Recently God has been showing me and telling me about His love. He has been telling me how the worst of things He can use for the best of things. He has been totally reaffirming that my past is behind me and while it shapes who I am, it doesn't limit the future he has for me.

But I need a lot of work on the listening end, I sure can talk, but I need to spend more time being silent and listening. Its a tough habit to break, but God is helping me

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Have I ever heard a physical voice? No
Do I believe that God does actually speak in the physical? Yes

Its in the bible in several places, like when Jesus was baptized.

I do hear from God, but through the Holy Spirit, alot. Sometimes its this super peacefull feeling that comes over me, most of the time its not very intense.The main thing is the thoughts that come with it. God has on several times kept me up all night talking to me. I have to literally tell Him to let me get some sleep. 8)

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Right now?

God is saying to me, "Come away, come away with me."

He frequently says this to me.

He is also telling me that I will find a release from my desire to be affirmed in my quite time with Him. And that my need to be accepted and affirmed is actually something that He created in me for Him to meet, so that the relationship that we have can go to deeper levels then any human relationship can possible go.

He is telling me that he wants to wisper things in my ear, to tell me misteries. Misteries that can shake the church, and bring His people home. He is telling me that He has called me to be His child, and to help others to actually be His children in experience rather then just in name.

He is telling me that he longs for me, even more then my wife, even more then I long for Him, or her. That His desire for me is greater than I can imagine.

Right now... God is calling me away, away to His secret garden, where He can pour His love out on me again. I got to go.

Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Wow SnuP, this is pretty much the same stuff God is telling me too.

Just this morning, as I was dashing toward the CD player to turn it off and run out the door to someplace I had to go, the Lord stopped me in the middle of the living room and said, "Dance with Me". I could have rushed on but the song playing was Brian Doerkson's, "I love You Jesus". I made a sudden stop and just stood there for a moment and then I raised my hands toward Him and began to sing to Him and dance with Him. It was an awesome few moments.

He constantly is calling me to come away with Him. And the same as with you, my need to be accepted and affirmed can only be throughly met in and through and of Him. Nobody else can meet what He created for only His manifest presense to meet.

He is sooooo awesome and He love's us and His desire is toward us.
heartpump.gif

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Blanton911 said:
oh, i so like this thread, great question!

Is God talking to me? All the time, do I hear him? Not as often as I should. I need to work on listening, I am not great at that.

God likes us to talk to Him and tell him what is going on in our lives, just as we would with our friends. So we do a lot of chatting.

Recently God has been showing me and telling me about His love. He has been telling me how the worst of things He can use for the best of things. He has been totally reaffirming that my past is behind me and while it shapes who I am, it doesn't limit the future he has for me.

But I need a lot of work on the listening end, I sure can talk, but I need to spend more time being silent and listening. Its a tough habit to break, but God is helping me

First off... GO UT!!!!! lol and second off... maybe you should ask Him sometime how you can make yourself more available to hear from Him. I'm sure that He has great ideas about all that :D

And I would encourage you to do as much chatting with Him as possible... you ever notice how when two people spend a lot of time together they start acting alike?? :)

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
clairywairy said:
God has been reassuring me recently, over something I'm struggling with. He's just been subtely letting me know he's there for me, holding my hand as I struggle to triumph. Praise God :)
You seem to have it down pretty good then.... "Praise God" that's all you ever need :D I'm so glad you know He's helping you through all your troubles... maybe read Psalm 23? I know it's a common Psalm.. but still reassuring!

Have a great day!

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
SUNSTONE said:
Have I ever heard a physical voice? No
Do I believe that God does actually speak in the physical? Yes

Its in the bible in several places, like when Jesus was baptized.

I do hear from God, but through the Holy Spirit, alot. Sometimes its this super peacefull feeling that comes over me, most of the time its not very intense.The main thing is the thoughts that come with it. God has on several times kept me up all night talking to me. I have to literally tell Him to let me get some sleep. 8)
As long as you're hearing one way or another. What do you mean by "through the Holy Spirit" ? Is that like the peaceful feeling

And I don'tknow if I'd even tryto get sleep if He was talking to me (He doesn't right now by divine withholding) Maybe that's just me....

What does He talk to you about?

Well Have great day!

Upvote 0

BigToe

You are my itchy sweater.
Jun 24, 2003
Sudzo's Purple Palace of Snuggles
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
hehe yes Go UT! God even tells me that :) Since he is the one that told me to transfer here heh.

So is God telling you anything? When you do talk with Him what does he say?

What is cool is when I am talking with a friend and realize that God is talking through them. I love how God uses people to reach out to others, isn't he good?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

singonly4him

Jun 25, 2003
seattle
Visit site
✟7,643.00
Faith
Christian
God is amazing, and He DOES speak to me, in very real and undeniable ways. For so long I racked my brain wondering where on earth God was in all the midst of my life. Then he showed up in a major way to me at church camp recently, and I just HAD to ask the question, why now? Lord, why not before when I was in the middle of chaos? And he showed me Matthew 5:8-Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God! It was not until I confessed and gave all the filth in my life to Him that he spoke to me. I asked for clean hands and a pure heart, and God showed up! Is an unclean impurity making a bridge between you and God? Could that be why we sometimes feel so distant, because of our sin??
Diana
oh by the way hehe God told me to commit my life to Him entirely, and two weeks later I am leading praise and worship at my new church!

sbbqb7n16 said:
Hey there! I'm starting this thread in my campaign of the awareness of the voice of God... and I felt that the Charismatic Movement thread would be the best place to start it up. Why? I've heard more of a focus on a higher level of relationship with God coming through joining the Charismatic movement (Yes I know there can be a high level of intimacy outside of the movement - don't get me wrong... it's not that kind of thread) So here's where the rubber meets the road!

SnuP (which ironically is PunS backward lol) opened a thread on your relationship with God. Relationships develop through communication (primarily). So here goes:

What is God saying to you right now? Is He saying anything? Are you listening?

Now if it's too personal and you dont feel comfortable sharing that's fine we'll all understand. But for those who are recieving specific instructions or just enjoying chatting with God... please post and share what God is doing because we'd all love to hear (at least I know I would) :D :D

Upvote 0

superdave

are you super-natural?
May 14, 2002
West Texas
Visit site
✟1,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
God speaks... in all kinds of ways... he speaks to me- when I ask questions like, "What can I do about this?", "Why isn't this happening"- and most of the time... God reveals things in my heart. Most of the time God speaks through the word and through people.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Here's a new twist on the "Footprints" story. I though it might go good here.

Imagine you and the Lord Jesus are walking down the road together. For much of the way, the Lord's footprints go along steadily, consistently, rarely varying the pace. But your footprints are a disorganized stream of
zigzags, starts, stops, turnarounds, circles, departures and returns.

For much of the way, it seems to go like this, but gradually your footprints come more in line with the Lord's, soon paralleling His consistently. You and Jesus are walking as true friends!

This seems perfect, but then an interesting thing happens: Your footprints, that once etched the sand next to
Jesus', are now walking precisely in His steps. Inside His larger footprints are your smaller ones, safely you and Jesus are becoming one.

This goes on for many miles, but gradually you notice another change. The footprints inside the large footprints seem to grow larger. Eventually they disappear altogether. There is only one set of footprints; they have become one.

This goes on for a long time, but suddenly the second set of footprints is back. This time it seems even worse! Zigzags all over the place. Stops. Starts. Deep gashes in the sand. A veritable mess of prints. You are amazed and shocked. Your dream ends. Now you pray:

"Lord, I understand the first scene with zigzags and fits. I was a new Christian; I was just learning. But
you walked on through the storm and helped me learn to walk with you."

"That is correct."

"... and when the smaller footprints were inside of Yours, I was actually learning to walk in Your steps;
followed you very closely."

"Very good. You have understood everything so far."

"... when the smaller footprints grew and filled in Yours, I suppose that I was becoming like you in every way."

"Precisely."

"So, Lord, was there a regression or something? The footprints separated, and this time it was worse than at first."

There is a pause as the Lord answers with a smile in his voice. "You didn't know? That was when we danced."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
God speaks to us in basically 3 ways:

1. Audible voice (very rare, perhaps once or twice in your lifetime).

2. Still small voice (something like 1. but inwardly, but also rarely, maybe 5-10% of the time).

3. Inward witness or 'knowing' or impression or promptings (this is the chief way God speaks to us today, probably 99% of the time).

Based on 3. God speaks to us everyday. So, it's not once-in-a-blue-moon -- after days of repenting/cleaning up -- that God shows up and says something to us.

Why 3? and not so much 1. as in the OT?
Becos we are now so close to God thru/in Christ! -- One spirit with his Spirit! Inter-twined like the vine and branches! Have you seen the vine and branches of grapes, they are not separated out, but closely intertwined.

An example of 3 is this: Suppose you have an urge to call up a brother you have not spoken to for sometime. Well, that's God speaking to you. Or, something in your gut just tells you not to take this flight, you perceive (like Paul did) that the journey would be perilous and dangerous.

Again, that's God's Spirit in your spirit witnessing to your spirit. Its a knowing, not a voice.

I'm not against voices but I strongly believe the Christian should not be looking for voices. Many have gone flaky hearing voices all the time.

Personally, I have never heard God speak audibly to me b4. So far its been 3.

Finally, whatever God 'says', it should line up with his written Word. :)

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
sbbqb7n16 said:
Well let's add onto all this....

what are ways that you prepare yourself to hear His voice? Is it always there? How do you settle yourself down to hear?

Well, I try to stay in a position of always hearing His voice. The best way for me though is praying in tongues. It gets my mind focused in the right direction and then I'm able to sense more of what the Spirit is doing.

I do believe He always directing me in some way. I hear Him and I'm learning to respond immediately instead of the game we all tend to play; is that You God or is that just me? More people need to get out of that habit.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I just change my focus from the cares of daily living, onto the Most High, and suddenly I'm tuned into a heavenly broadcast. God all day, all the time. WGOD. Praying in the spirit really helps as does quite worship.

It is so easy to get up in the cares of life. I am looking forward to the day that nothing else can captivate me but my love for Yeshua.

The bishop spoke about intimacy today and how that intence comunion, teaches you how to understand the timing of God. It was GOOD. Unfortunately I didn't learn anything new, but it was good just the same. (Just alittle pride there) God has been good to me.

Also the worship was intense today. Just powerful. I'm standing in the sound booth and waves of God are just pouring from the front. Man, I love my job (sound man) I'm the one responcible for making sure that the anointing has a mic. LOL Life is good.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.