I'm not so Grump
Sep 21, 2015
North Carolina
✟33,472.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It doesn't matter what kind of music you listen to as long as it's not interfering your relationship with God. I love all types of metal (even the Satanic ones too) and some rock and I don't let the lyrics affect the way I think or do. Music is music, enjoy it.

Upvote 0

VampireGirl

Jan 11, 2016
7252 E ST RD 300 Shelburn, In 47879
✟7,625.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As long as they're not causing you to do bad stuff. I listen to mostly rock and metal too, including Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Megaherz and Within Temptation but I don't let the lyrics influence me. It's just there to provide some pleasant sounds to me.

Heck, I even have a couple of Marilyn Manson songs in my personal library too. However, I draw the line when the lyrics openly insult God and attack the Christian religion.

EDIT: Just realized this was in the 'Gals' forum. My bad![/QUOT
Thanks for replying

Upvote 0

VampireGirl

Jan 11, 2016
7252 E ST RD 300 Shelburn, In 47879
✟7,625.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It doesn't matter what kind of music you listen to as long as it's not interfering your relationship with God. I love all types of metal (even the Satanic ones too) and some rock and I don't let the lyrics affect the way I think or do. Music is music, enjoy it.
Thank you

Upvote 0

Gigis

Apr 1, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟7,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you
If you are a Christian and want to be a Christian, the answer lies in the question itself. Is marilyn manson Christian, and does he teach Christian philosophies?? How much of a Christian do you want to be? If you want to be a Christian who proclaims Jesus but collaborates with those who hate him, then, well. It's all up to you. Who do you want to be more like, Jesus or Marilyn Manson. There is your answer.

Reactions: Satanist.
Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well. If your faith cannot resist a song, then you should seriously ask yourself if you really believe or not.
Of course you can listen to these kind of music. You even have to! one of my favorite authors said "the one who only wants to know his own cultur condamned himself/herself to live under a wet blanket". He is totally right. I cannot see the point of living only by reading or listening Christians things. I call such a thing "obscurantism". I cannot see the point of living in a fake world where everyone believes and everyone thinks the same as you. Surely, this is NOT what I consider to be the message of Christianity, which is a message of openness to others.

Moreover, liking the art of music of someone does not mean at all that you agree or even like that person, but only his talent. This is not because you like Marylin Manson's music that you like him himself... If we only had to like Christians people, well, we should live quite alone and without a lot of friends I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Trying-To-Be-Good

Apr 25, 2016
Canada
✟8,497.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if I am listening to ok music. I Listen to Marilyn Manson, Asking Alexandria, Pierce the Veil, and Black Veil Brides. Are those bands ok?

For my opinion,
I try to listen only music that are inspired by the Holy Spirit,
I want to listen Christian songs, worship and praise!
I try to not walk with the world...

Upvote 0