Aug 23, 2007
✟792,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I've been listening to mostly Gregorian Chant for over a year and a half now. I don't feel like listening to any other music, almost. I've tried about 6 Gregorian Chant albums during this time and the one I'm trying now leaves me in awe over how gorgeous most of the monks' voices are. While some monks out there can sing, technically, this one makes me go "oh my gosh." They are the monks of "Ampleforth Abbey." One of my favorite tracks is Ave Maris Stella.

Last edited:

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been listening to mostly Gregorian Chant for over a year and a half now. I don't feel like listening to any other music, almost. I've tried about 6 Gregorian Chant albums during this time and the one I'm trying now makes me literally sigh with awe over how utterly heavenly gorgeous the monks' voices are. While some monks out there can sing, technically, this one makes me go "oh my gosh." They are the monks of "Ampleforth Abbey." I know, I know, it's a matter of opinion, everyone's got their thing, but this one is like (for me at least, lol)...SIGH, really beautiful singing - I wonder how these guys were chosen for this, because there is something extremely special about this group of men. One of my favorite tracks is Ave Maris Stella.

Gregorian chants are something unique, and are emotional. It makes me think of high, vaulted church ceilings from the 1200s. :) But for me, my favorite Christian songs are ones that are upbeat, and Lauren Daigle stuff.

Christian Dance Music

Lyrics:
Never Alone Inspired by Matthew 28:20

Last fall, I heard your heart break I heard what they said, rejected Back down, I should have told you then But now I can’t wait one more moment You’re never alone, never alone The waves come crashing, you’re never alone Never alone, never alone Your world falls apart, you’re never alone Next step, yeah we’re moving on Standing in the rain drops, we feel like we’re falling But we’ll take hold of your hand You said you’d never leave and we believe it You’re never alone, never alone The waves come crashing, you’re never alone Never alone, never alone Your world falls apart, you’re never alone Believe in your heart and tell the whole world about it That for our sin He is the remedy Now we’re flying in his love forever We were blind, now we see You’re never alone, never alone The waves come crashing, you’re never alone Never alone, never alone Your world falls apart, you’re never alone.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟279,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For me, the best stuff is the old hymns from the 1500s to the 1800s, if they're done well. For example, I absolutely LOVE the videos on YouTube by Michael Eldridge, who does four-part harmony all by himself. :)

He also does four-parts with his sister, Tabitha:

Call me crazy, but listening to those and reading the lyrics, gives me goose pimples and brings tears to my eyes. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0