California
✟738.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi, well I joined a playwriting class at school and we are supposed to sumbit a one act play at the end of the semester and it will also be submitted to see if it will be produced at school. Well, my problem is I need to start figuring out what I want to write about. See everyone in my class seems to already know what they want to write about something God doesn't exist or about our souls. I of course happen to be the one who doesn't want to write about that. But I don't know where to start. I like funny, I like action not endles monologues! Help please advise.

Lindon Tinuviel

Nov 19, 2002
Not there anymore
✟4,348.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Most people will tell you to write about what you know.

I'll tell you that that's not enough--write about what you know, and about what you love.

If you're writing cold, about something you don't really care about, it'll be a grind. You're an expert at something, surely. The things we're good at are often the things we enjoy most. Pick something you're good at, and make that the core of your play. It'll be fun, and you'll get a better grade because your story will reflect your own passion and knowledge.

Upvote 0