• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Status
Not open for further replies.

PjC23565

Aug 3, 2005
Texas
✟7,963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
i have ocd, it used to not be that bad, but now its getting worse, i dont know why. i really feel like satan is attacking me. right now what im going through is something telling me that god and jesus dont exist, and im just like oh my goodness yes they do, and it scares me and then i get scared that i dont believe. and then that leads to me going to hell. and ahh! did anyone go through what im going through. about not believing in god and jesus! i love them both so much, that it freaks me out to think that im going to have to live my eternal life with satan!:cry: please someone give me reassurance. then when something tells me that jesus doesnt exist i have to go back and think of all the proof there is that he does. and like convince myself. i really dont know how to explain. im scared its making me doubt that he exist. but that sounds crazy to me bc i love this man so much. if anyone is out there who is going through or has gone through this please help!

Isis-Astoroth

Jan 4, 2004
England
✟16,245.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I'm not Christian, but the fact that you are worrying if God and Jesus really exist proves to me that you believe they do. OCD is not about Satan, it is a medical disorder that many people have, Christian and otherwise. Don't see OCD as a punishment from God, but the way you see it can be a punishment to yourself. OCD is a problem, not a punishment.

Upvote 0

FlowerpotMan

Apr 23, 2006
✟7,688.00
Faith
Christian
Hello,

I had just the same thoughts as you this weekend. I can tell you how I deal with these thoughts:
When something tells me: Jesus is not there, I don't take it seriously. It's just a thought, a compulsive thought, not one I like. And Heavenly Father and Jesus know this. After all those thoughts, what remains is real: I love God. I choose not to harbor those thoughts. In such situations God has never condemned me but has showed me His love and care.

Upvote 0

powerofprayer

I will praise Him in this storm.....
May 12, 2006
Georgia
✟16,587.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sweetheart,
I have dealt with OCD my whole life - memorize this scripture and say it whenever you have doubts about our loving God. "The Lord searches all hearts and He understands all the imagination of the mind."
1 Chronicles 28:9
This means: God understands your heart and knows that your brain and mind are slightly messed up. (After all, He made it!) You need to work to stop beating yourself up over it. God KNOWS you love Him!! He created you this way for His purpose and He will use you in big ways.
Be sure to talk to your parents, there is counseling & medications available to help. I will be praying for you!

Upvote 0

AutumnSky

May 24, 2006
nevada
✟15,114.00
Faith
Christian
yes, I have been through the exact same thing. I read a book called the bondage breaker by neil anderson. It helped me alot. And I prayed, pray as much as you possibly can, ask for peace and faith. God knows you believe in him and love him. That you are worrying about not believing proves that you do. I am praying for you. If you ever want to talk you can pm me.

Upvote 0

Eric29

Sep 17, 2005
✟148.00
Faith
Nazarene
Hello I just sent you Pj a message but I have went through all of this as well and wondered the same thing but I have to keep telling myself I may doubt sometimes but I know what I believe and I believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and God the father almighty and the Holy Spirit etc. With all the davinci code junk out there and the so called Judas gospel it does not help none but I have gotten past it praise God for that cause without his faithfullness where would any of us be. Please hang in there and I know your doing a lot better and I am too for today anyways. May God bless all of you with the help and faith you all need In Jesus name Amen

Take care
Eric

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.