Help please....I am so tired of being alone...

gssm2819

May 15, 2011
El Salvador
✟7,611.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

I am in desperate need of some advise. As a PW I literaly dont have anyone to talk to. My situation is a little different from most because I came to El Salvador as an assistant missionary and ended up marring a wonderful pastor here. He is a great pastor however like most pastors he neglects his family 24-7. We have been married 5 almost 6 years and have 3 children. During this time we have had many problems mostly due to personality differences and imposible expectations. I have never been able to feel free to speak to anyone about our problems or his imposible expectations. This is due to the fact that I don´t want any of my family or friends (who have never met him) to dislike him or think bad of him. I feel like I can´t talk to anyone here (El Salvador) because word travels very fast here and in one way or another it will affect the church.

That´s why I am here.

He has not spoken to me for 4 days now because he is mad. I made a mistake of telling a sister to stop making food at a certain point for a leaders dinner without knowing that he said to do a certain amount then I said one word (Yes) in a disrespectful manner and he got mad. This happened in the evening and after the event I had to take the children home and ended up falling asleep before he came home. The next morning upon waking I apologized but since that moment he hasn´t spoken to me except to answer my questions with a yes or no or very short reply. I have made food and he has refused to eat it. In short we have not sat down as a whole family in days and I feel a huge strain. This is going to affect our children. It is such a small issue in my mind that I just don´t understand where this is coming from.

He is always with the youth or on rare occasions that he is home he sleeps during the time the family is awake and watches his action movies when we are asleep or makes us go to another part of the house. The only time he seeks me out is when he is in ¨need¨.

He has never iniciated a celebration such as anniverary or birthday and in the almost six years I have received a total of 4 gifts including flowers.

There are times I just don´t know how much more I can take. I am so tired of being alone.

May 29, 2011
New Brunswick
✟16,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
A Husband's first responsibility is for his wife, not for his ministry. Sounds like a terrible situation. Ask God to make you the first priority in his life, even if it costs him what he is doing right now. A man's responsibility is to love his wife like Jesus loves his Church. If he can't do that, than why is he spending his time in his ministry. I don't mean to disrespect your husband, but you are suppose to be the most important part of his life, not his ministry.

Upvote 0

MercyGrace

I love Narnia.
Jun 8, 2011
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am so sorry you're in that situation. I am a pastor's wife as well so I know how lonely it can get, how the ministry can demand all your husband's time, and how difficult it is to find a confidant.

Pray that your husband's heart will be softened. God's Word is clear when it says, "Let not the sun go down upon your wrath." His holding grudges for several days is clearly unbiblical. I wish if he will not listen to you that he would listen to other men (a board of elders, another pastor), but I do not know how those other men would hear of your situation.

I wish I had words of wisdom. I wish I could change your situation. All I know is that God calls Himself the father of the fatherless and he also says we are his bride. When you feel deserted and alone, lean on Him. Appreciate Him. Praise Him. When overwhelmed by despair, just sing praises aloud to Him, even through your tears. Pray and rejoice; wait on the Lord. Respect your husband and do your best to focus on his good points and not resent his bad ones, although never forget that you cannot change his attitude, no matter how good or submissive you are. HE is responsible for being obedient to Christ; you are not responsible for his obedience. And find an outlet - someone to talk to - even if it's anonymously on a blog. You need to be able to tell how you feel. God bless.

Upvote 0

gnine

Dec 12, 2002
Visit site
✟8,560.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
AU-Labor
A Husband's first responsibility is for his wife, not for his ministry. Sounds like a terrible situation. Ask God to make you the first priority in his life, even if it costs him what he is doing right now. A man's responsibility is to love his wife like Jesus loves his Church. If he can't do that, than why is he spending his time in his ministry. I don't mean to disrespect your husband, but you are suppose to be the most important part of his life, not his ministry.

100% agree.

It also sounds as though there is a repression of a lot of anger in him. I'd *guess* it was anger at himself over something.

Make no mistake, what he is doing is mental abuse.

I once helped support a pastor's wife who was being abused by my pastor, so I do comprehend that there is nobody who seems to care, and everyone looks to him for the answers rather than asking you directly.

I will pray for you, sister, you need to keep praying and then take courage and ask him whats going on.

I don't believe that any wife, let alone a Christian wife, needs to keep going this way - its no way to live and certainly not a healthy Christian marriage.

Upvote 0