• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Help, can't sleep & pain when lying on left side

B

Bulan77

I'm so discouraged tonight... I'm disciplining myself to get to bed earlier, but once I get there I have too much pain just from lying on my left side. It begins to ache, and feels like I have internal bruising. And when I lie on my right side, the residual pain on my left side keeps me awake.

I really wish I could get a decent sleep, because I know it would help my health and my anxiety. This feels like a lost battle sometimes. :(

I've mentioned before that I have fibromyalgia, but this pain is not familiar to me. Does anyone else feel this way sometimes? Any idea what could be causing this pain?

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure that I have the same pain but when I lie on either side for awhile I have pain. Mine is in my hip. I have arthritis. It is really hard when you can't get sleep. I often have that problem, too. I hope you can get this resolved. Praying for you. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Paul01

Sinner
Jan 29, 2013
Missouri
✟9,305.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm so discouraged tonight... I'm disciplining myself to get to bed earlier, but once I get there I have too much pain just from lying on my left side. It begins to ache, and feels like I have internal bruising. And when I lie on my right side, the residual pain on my left side keeps me awake.

I really wish I could get a decent sleep, because I know it would help my health and my anxiety. This feels like a lost battle sometimes. :(

I've mentioned before that I have fibromyalgia, but this pain is not familiar to me. Does anyone else feel this way sometimes? Any idea what could be causing this pain?

Read the title and thought, "did I post something about this?" I had the same problem, and continue to periodically. Mine's been happening off and on for nearly two years, mostly in the lower part of my chest on the left side. It started the exact way you describe, to where now it's more general and happens all times, day or night, and it's less related to what position I'm sleeping in. I got thoroughly checked out at Mayo Clinic for 4 days of testing and got the all clear last year. Whatever mine is, it's nothing serious. I have good and bad nights but it seems to come in waves.

Upvote 0
B

Bulan77

I'm not sure that I have the same pain but when I lie on either side for awhile I have pain. Mine is in my hip. I have arthritis. It is really hard when you can't get sleep. I often have that problem, too. I hope you can get this resolved. Praying for you. God bless you.

I'm sorry to hear about that, RuthD. Arthritis can be very painful, and I've heard of a few people who began to show signs of Arthritis earlier in life than usual. I'm 36, so that didn't occur to me, but anything's possible.

Upvote 0

Paul01

Sinner
Jan 29, 2013
Missouri
✟9,305.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry to hear about your pain too, Paul. Since I have fibromyalgia, I've wondered if that's behind this aching pain. Did your doctor mention the possibility of fibromyalgia to you?

I saw a GP, 3 gastroenterologists, cardiologist & urologist and none of them mentioned it. :confused: Mine seems to be a mystery.

Upvote 0