Jul 10, 2015
✟9,054.00
Country
Bahamas
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey, where are all the teen girls? This place is practically a ghost town.
My name is Teegan and I'm 17 :)
It's probably extremely lame to come on a forum and rant but tonight I feel like I need a nice quiet place to rant.
I just turned 17 in June and I'm going into grade 12 next year. Just got my G2 woohoo!
I live with my Uncle and Aunt since March. It's a long story!
My uncle is going to drive me mad!!
My parents didn't care what I did most of the time. I just came and went as I pleased.
Since I have come here, my uncle has smothered me to distraction. He has made so many rules and given me a curfew. I thought he was joking. I haven't EVER had a curfew in my life. Tonight I came home past his curfew and he was so angry with me.
Who makes a 17 year old come home at 10pm on a Friday night in the summer?!!!
I am so irritated.
He said I'm grounded and will have to do chores for him all weekend.
Grounded. Seriously? How archaic!
Sigh.
That's my pathetic rant.

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Welcome, Teegan. :) That does seem odd to me, to give a curfew that is so early on a weekend night, at 17. Do you live in an area, that has a higher crime rate, and such, that worries him? It's a pity, to be grounded during summer holidays. Yes, yes, rant away. There are some other nice girls, on this forum, though, not so many come to this area. Artemis, Graciesings, they are nice girls.

What's a G2?

Upvote 0

Teegan

Daughter of the King
Jul 10, 2015
✟9,054.00
Country
Bahamas
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks Blue Wren.
I used to live in a very urban area with my parents. They never gave me any curfew.
Now I live in very rural area. Certainly no crime around here unless you count cow stealing. I have no clue what worries him. My only thought is my cousins are younger and he isn't used to teenagers. I guess we are all still adapting to me living here.
G2 is my licience.
I will look around for some of those girls and see where they post.
This section seems like a ghost town.
Thanks for the welcome.
Where are you from?

Reactions: Blue Wren
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
We're happy to have you here, Teegan. :) I love your name. It makes one of my favorite songs of all time start playing in my head because it's similar to Tegan of the twin sister band Tegan and Sara. My gosh I'm such a weirdo I literally am sitting here in the backseat of the car with my headphones on listening to the song and doing some of the arm moves from the choreography when we danced to this a trillion years ago. I'm surprised my parents haven't had me committed.

Anyhooooooo.

Your curfew is unreasonable and unseasonable. I don't see how it benefits you or them. At 17 and with no imminent risks it doesn't make sense to me to enforce a 10PM curfew during the summer. I can see why it could actually be more problematic logistically than a curfew that is comparable to your friends because of transportation and other practicalities. How does that work out? Does he expect you to drive yourself places when you're going out so that you can return home earlier than your friends you're with, or for them to cut their night early to drop you off? I had an earlier Friday night curfew than friends last summer (age 16) but that was mainly because I was teaching dance classes at a studio in another county and had to be up before the birds on Saturday. Still it was for 11:30 rather than 10, and I could negotiate for a later time if there was a reason for it, like a concert, a movie that would run late, or a friend's birthday or something. Here in LA it's not that much of an issue because everyone just uses Uber (like a taxi service) so my friends didn't need to tote me home. I'm 17 now and don't have a curfew but am expected to be considerate and responsible about when I return home, and stay in communication with them about my whereabouts and anticipated return time. At our house there's an alarm system with a command center in the master bedroom, so every time an exterior door is opened there's a tiny beep that emits in my parents' room. It also logs in entries so it's impossible to be sneaky. I try to not stay out so late that I'll wake them up from a deep slumber. o_O

My parents are strict too, but they are really good at listening to us and negotiating. If I can come up with a solid argument for why I should be allowed to do something they said I couldn't, or the like, then they'll listen and often will make compromises and adjustments. My older brother still had a curfew all through his senior year. I didn't because I convinced my parents to let me be more self-directed. Maybe if your uncle hasn't had teens he just hasn't had that experience yet. With little kids you just tell them what to do and expect them to obey because they're not old enough yet to reason through things effectively.

How late were you and how long is your grounding? I hope it wasn't for very long and that you can soak up the sun rays and bliss soon. :)

Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Teegan. Welcome to Christian forums. It's true the teen section is kind of dead. Teens come and seem to leave. There must be a secret teen forum we don't know about somewhere. :)
Sorry about being grounded. Believe me, I feel your pain in that respect.
Where did you use to live? I live in a rural community and love it. I guess the difference is I have grown up here. I have never lived in the city.
I hope you have been able to discuss it with your uncle and you have worked things out.
I'm glad you are here and I hope you stick around. :)

Upvote 0

Butterfly99

Getting ready for spring break. Cya!
Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, where are all the teen girls? This place is practically a ghost town.
My name is Teegan and I'm 17 :)
It's probably extremely lame to come on a forum and rant but tonight I feel like I need a nice quiet place to rant.
I just turned 17 in June and I'm going into grade 12 next year. Just got my G2 woohoo!
I live with my Uncle and Aunt since March. It's a long story!
My uncle is going to drive me mad!!
My parents didn't care what I did most of the time. I just came and went as I pleased.
Since I have come here, my uncle has smothered me to distraction. He has made so many rules and given me a curfew. I thought he was joking. I haven't EVER had a curfew in my life. Tonight I came home past his curfew and he was so angry with me.
Who makes a 17 year old come home at 10pm on a Friday night in the summer?!!!
I am so irritated.
He said I'm grounded and will have to do chores for him all weekend.
Grounded. Seriously? How archaic!
Sigh.
That's my pathetic rant.

I'm confused cause in the post you wrote last night in that thread about spanking teens you said you were 16. This post was written months ago and you said you were 17 then. If it was the other way round I'd just assume you'd your birthday in the meantime, but you can't age backwards. Well I'm guessing you're no longer grounded by now whatever age you are.

Upvote 0