Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I also do all my workouts during my fasting window and without eating anything during the workout.
If you do that you will burn lean muscle and have horrendous spikes in blood sugar which over time will have a negative effect on your your body.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I reckon you might be needing calm powder, subject to testing or other verification, or trial and error... without sufficient magnesium, adding calcium or d or exercise et al may be incomplete.
You'll feel it when your bones are weak or not up to the task when you start doing weight lifting exercises with free weights or simply just by running. You'll feel the bones straining and your joints may even get swelling from inflammation.

The first few weeks of strength workouts like squads and lunges with dumbbells and deadlifts and also running, my knees hurt and felt straining on my fibulas during workout. I got swollen ankles too.

But after those few weeks, all bone and joint pains and swelling are gone! I don't feel my bones straining anymore during strength workouts and running. My bones are strong again like in my childhood when I engaged in "parkour"!^_^

I didn't think of this before, except as the diets and medcines used in developed countries, and the practices, social, diet, medical and scholastic all likely contribute ... wittingly or not.

The false god called "health insurance" and too much faith in modern medicine might be making people engage in unhealthy lifestyles without concern. Unfortunately, the "health experts" aren't telling you everything. There's still no reliable cure for cancer....Only reliable ways for hospitals and pharma to make obscene profit from people sick with cancer.... And you can still prematurely die from heart attack no matter how often you visit the doctor for tests and taking maintenance meds.

Obesity is not just a disease of "developed countries". I think this is more a disease of "material prosperity" or any situation what makes it easy and convenient to indulge in food.

Many rich and well-off people in my poor country are also overweight and obese because they can afford to indulge in food and they have medical insurance. They can live the lifestyle of Americans and more often than not, they choose to live the American lifestyle.

Ironically the rich and the well off still has longer lifespans than the poor. Because stress is still significant and probably heavier factor in mortality than lifestyle choices and the poor does tend to live much more stressful life. While it is true money and riches won't make you happy....but the lack of money, financial difficulties can do much damage to a person's health and quality of life.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,562.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Obesity is not just a disease of "developed countries". I think this is more a disease of "material prosperity" or any situation what makes it easy and convenient to indulge in food.

Many rich and well-off people in my poor country are also overweight and obese because they can afford to indulge in food and they have medical insurance. They can live the lifestyle of Americans and more often than not, they choose to live the American lifestyle.

Truly rich people have quite lean bodies, because they can afford a high quality food and regular eating without stress. Obesity in a developed country is a disease of poor people, who eat cheap junk.

If richer people in poor country eat American style junk foods, its because they are not educated enough and think its a better food. Nobody wants to be unhealthy just because they have health insurance, thats nonsense.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If you do that you will burn lean muscle and have horrendous spikes in blood sugar which over time will have a negative effect on your your body.
I don't have any symptoms of blood sugar spikes.

If you do that you will burn lean muscle
The size of my muscles did not change at all since I started this diet+workout routine last January this year.

I got stronger, lifting more weights with ease. Average power output over 40 miles in bicycle also increased by significant amount.

No cramping during and after workouts and no soreness after workouts.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Truly rich people have quite lean bodies, because they can afford a high quality food and regular eating without stress. Obesity in a developed country is a disease of poor people, who eat cheap junk.

If richer people in poor country eat American style junk foods, its because they are not educated enough and think its a better food. Nobody wants to be unhealthy just because they have health insurance, thats nonsense.

I think the poor in USA have food stamps and no shortage of food.

In my poor country, the poor have very little provisions and are underweight and often malnourished.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,562.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think the poor in USA have food stamps and no shortage of food.

In my poor country, the poor have very little provisions and are underweight and often malnourished.
Not all poor are so poor that they are on food stamps and food stamps are not enough for high quality food, only the cheapest one. The prevalence of obesity is mostly in black and hispanic communities, in the USA.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,489,592.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not all poor are so poor that they are on food stamps and food stamps are not enough for high quality food, only the cheapest one. The prevalence of obesity is mostly in black and hispanic communities, in the USA.
We have to consider that with nuance.

Black and Hispanic people--particularly women--tend to have the highest rates of obesity. That is an alarming factor for black and hispanic people. We clearly need to do better for ourselves.

However, white people make up a greater number of obese people than obese black and hispanic people combined, which is an alarming factor for national public policy. The people who create public policy can't simply say, "It's just the blacks and hispanics."

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,562.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We have to consider that with nuance.

Black and Hispanic people--particularly women--tend to have the highest rates of obesity. That is an alarming factor for black and hispanic people. We clearly need to do better for ourselves.

However, white people make up a greater number of obese people than obese black and hispanic people combined, which is an alarming factor for national public policy. The people who create public policy can't simply say, "It's just the blacks and hispanics."
Sure, But in black and hispanic communities the rate is higher than in white or Asian communities. Its frequently described to worse economic situation in those communities, generally. And in white population, the obesity is prevalent also among the poorer ones.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,489,592.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure, But in black and hispanic communities the rate is higher than in white or Asian communities. Its frequently described to worse economic situation in those communities, generally. And in white population, the obesity is prevalent also among the poorer ones.
And in total there are more poor whites than poor blacks and Hispanics put together, so poverty is an economic problem in terms of public policy, not a racial problem.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,489,592.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And in total there are more poor whites than poor blacks and Hispanics put together, so poverty (and its accompanying issues such as obesity) is an economic problem in terms of public policy, not a racial problem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
And in total there are more poor whites than poor blacks and Hispanics put together, so poverty is an economic problem in terms of public policy, not a racial problem.

A high income gap between the rich and poor is strongly tied to society's fundamental problem including poverty.

This happens because in many countries, the wealth flows from the poor, to the rich. It's no-brainer, that a high income gap is the consequence of it.

Probably why Jesus said, we should give to the poor (not to the rich). Money flowing back to the poor bridges this high income gap and would ultimately solve some of issues in the society like poverty and high crime rates which truly manifests in countries that succeeded in bridging this gap like in some developed countries in Europe.

But most people don't do what Jesus says, even Christians. They give their money to the rich through consumerism, investments (invest in the winners, not the losers), and simply through gifts (to gain the favor of the rich).

But sadly, even in countries where they have virtually eliminated poverty or poverty far more obscure, the problem of obesity remains.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,562.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But sadly, even in countries where they have virtually eliminated poverty or poverty far more obscure, the problem of obesity remains.
Because we can redistribute country's wealth and so limit material poverty, but we cannot redistribute education, values, discipline or lifestyle. So people who would be factually poor (but are not, because of redistribution of wealth) still have their poor habits and make poor choices.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Because we can redistribute country's wealth and so limit material poverty, but we cannot redistribute education, values, discipline or lifestyle. So people who would be factually poor (but are not, because of redistribution of wealth) still have their poor habits and make poor choices.

Most people value short term gains over long term rewards. Because the long term rewards usually requires some sacrifice to achieve.

• Agree
Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,489,592.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We can always expect 10 to 20 percent of people to be foolish in any circumstance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,277,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

It's not that much higher. There are plenty of white people that are overweight or obese.

Usually for white Americans, the more conservative they vote, the heavier they tend to be:

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,562.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not that much higher.
Black - 44%
Hispanic - 37%
White - 31%
Asian - 14%

And in whites, the obesity is prevalent mostly among poor whites, who eat junk food, do not sleep properly and are under a lot of stress.

Interestingly, the obesity among blacks is significantly worse in women:

Percent of men aged 20 and over with obesity: 38.7%
Percent of women aged 20 and over with obesity: 55.9%

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,277,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Black - 44%
Hispanic - 37%

Of these figures, only Blacks really stand out as particularly exceptional.

Hispanics are hardly different than Whites, only 6 percent higher BMI. I live in an Hispanic neighborhood, and most of my neighbors are carrying around less body fat than the majority White county just a few miles away, which is predominantly suburban. In addition, if Hispanics are overweight, they tend to be less likely to be morbidly obese, from what I have seen.

White - 31%
Asian - 14%

The Asian figures need to be treated carefully. Asians have more body fat at a lower BMI.

And in whites, the obesity is prevalent mostly among poor whites, who eat junk food, do not sleep properly and are under a lot of stress.

There are plenty of non-poor whites that are seriously overweight or obese as well, especially in more politically conservative counties in the US.

Last edited:
Upvote 0