• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Harming again

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Due to stress from a recent move, I've started harming again and have bruises on my legs. My Mom is stressed from the move and I am convinced she's depressed. She's having emotional break downs and I think that is what is making me want to hurt myself. I have depression as well.

I love her but this is hard.

I am having her come in at my next counseling session because I can't go on like this. Please pray for me regarding this, that it goes well, because the last thing I need is her getting upset. I can go for a long time without harming then will relapse when things get stressful then I start again.

mojo487

Revived
Oct 20, 2017
Springdale
✟9,438.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
As a person who's self-harmed many times, I genuinely feel for you. The self harm isn't the worst part for you, is it? It's what you're dealing with that causes you to self harm; that's the real pain. Just know that someone else understands and I will pray for you tonight that God will guide you to handle the negative parts of life without needing to harm yourself or want to commit suicide. I know how it feels and there is better way to view life, with God in mind at all times. I think of how awful God must feel when I do things like that. And that he loves me and doesn't want that for me, but that he wants me to be at my best always and enjoy the life that he gifted me. If you ever need someone to talk to message me!

Upvote 0