Gothenburg
✟15,331.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Is there any biblical examples of people that had gotten hardened hearts but God later, for some reason, chose to soften it without their repentance?
And I don't mean backsliding like David did, I mean hardened hearts like Pharaoh for example. Thank you in advance, I will try to look it up as well.

It's kind of a catch-22 scenario because in my definition a hardened heart can no longer repent, because they already have had their chances to repent, but repentance would be the key to getting a soft heart again. So the only way would be if God, for any other reason, would from his initiative choose to soften their heart. I just don't know for what reason, but if there is even one example that would mean a lot

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟424,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is always there in his word and his nature and love to soften our hearts.

Manasseh the king had a hard heart for 40 years, he all of a sudden repented. It does not say God softened his heart. He like us often are on our own with the powers that be to come to our senses using only what God has previously provided. It does not say they had a good harvest or new wine. Something about the word though, he read it or something and repented. I think God was letting him be evil and was not pleased. It was just like history playing out by that time. But it does happen. God is always drawing us near- always.

Reactions: tonychanyt

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟913,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there any biblical examples of people that had gotten hardened hearts but God later, for some reason, chose to soften it without their repentance?
And I don't mean backsliding like David did, I mean hardened hearts like Pharaoh for example. Thank you in advance, I will try to look it up as well.

It's kind of a catch-22 scenario because in my definition a hardened heart can no longer repent, because they already have had their chances to repent, but repentance would be the key to getting a soft heart again. So the only way would be if God, for any other reason, would from his initiative choose to soften their heart. I just don't know for what reason, but if there is even one example that would mean a lot
Paul.

Upvote 0

Jannsis

Jun 9, 2023
Gothenburg
✟15,331.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
God is always there in his word and his nature and love to soften our hearts.

Manasseh the king had a hard heart for 40 years, he all of a sudden repented. It does not say God softened his heart. He like us often are on our own with the powers that be to come to our senses using only what God has previously provided. It does not say they had a good harvest or new wine. Something about the word though, he read it or something and repented. I think God was letting him be evil and was not pleased. It was just like history playing out by that time. But it does happen. God is always drawing us near- always.
Thank you for your reply ~

Upvote 0