St Paul, MN
✟1,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I’m new here. Names Dan. Recently been dealing with guilt and shame from a pass terrible sin. Having a hard with it at the moment and honestly don’t know if I can keep these secrets much longer. Just looking for advice and guidance.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I’m new here. Names Dan. Recently been dealing with guilt and shame from a pass terrible sin. Having a hard with it at the moment and honestly don’t know if I can keep these secrets much longer. Just looking for advice and guidance.
Hello Dan, I'm glad you reached out for help to the forums. Welcome to CF, bro. I want to assure you that you are not alone in feeling the weight of guilt and shame from past mistakes. The Bible has much to say about finding forgiveness and healing in such moments.

Firstly, I encourage you to read Psalm 32, which speaks about the blessings of confessing and forsaking sin. Verse 5 says, "I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,' and you forgave the iniquity of my sin."

Secondly, 1 John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." This verse emphasizes that confession leads to forgiveness, which is essential for finding peace with God.

Lastly, Romans 8:1 says, "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." This verse reminds us that if we have accepted Jesus as our Savior, we are no longer under the power of shame or guilt from past sins.

If you're struggling to confess to someone specific, consider starting with God in prayer. You might find it helpful to write out your confession beforehand or seek guidance from a trusted pastor/priest or friend. Remember that the Bible says, "as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us" (Psalm 103:12). God's mercy and forgiveness are abundant. I hope this brings you some comfort, Dan. Please don't keep your secrets any longer – there is healing to be found in confession and forgiveness.

I will pray for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟29,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Welcome, Dan. I've said a prayer for you, that you would receive His offer to bear your guilt and shame Himself, as He has and does for us all! Here's what He does with it, claim it for yourself:

Hebrews 12:1-3 NIV

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,738,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Dan! :wave: sometimes it is harder for us to forgive ourselves and accept God’s forgiveness. I do hope you find CF helpful and edifying to you. Here is a forum for Christian advice if you’d like to discuss it further.

Welcome! :)

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟67,157.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.