USA
✟11,035.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Have you heard the Mayo clinics report that green tea(component EGCG) confuses cancer cells,mainly in patients with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia? It actually kills the cancer cells by cutting off communication signals they need to survive. This is exciting and hopeful news.

Upvote 0

hippiechild

Jun 12, 2006
✟15,206.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
White tea is the new craze, but as to whether or not its better for you, I'm not sure. The thing about white tea is that its still so young it may not have developed as many properties as the more mature green tea. Also, if you make green tea on your own, the water should not be heated to more than 100 degrees, because it kills the healing properties.

Upvote 0

natureforlife

Mar 18, 2006
North Carolina
Visit site
✟15,202.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
hippiechild said:
White tea is the new craze, but as to whether or not its better for you, I'm not sure. The thing about white tea is that its still so young it may not have developed as many properties as the more mature green tea. Also, if you make green tea on your own, the water should not be heated to more than 100 degrees, because it kills the healing properties.

I agree hippiechild. The plant is picked before it's had time to reach maturity and doesn't have all the nutrients it would otherwise and isn't as beneficial as mature green tea.

Upvote 0

hippiechild

Jun 12, 2006
✟15,206.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Also, on green tea...this may sound odd, but I can't drink it at least two hours before bed...it keeps me awake! It honestly gives me more energy than coffee does...I'm not sure if its the brand I drink or just that it makes me feel awake and alive, but I can't! I love it though! And I've felt so much better and healthier since I've started drinking it daily.

Upvote 0

loribee59

Beautiful hearts and minds makes me swoon! :)
Mar 11, 2003
Keizer, OR
✟23,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ooooh, green tea with mint?!

also, I was told by a friend of mine that since she started drinking two cups of green tea in the morning, she gets some energy to last her most of the day.

I have a tendency to fall asleep on weekends...so I tried drinking two cups of green tea for the first time yesterday and I did have some energy and I was awake most of the day.

the green tea I get is from my dear dear friend from CA (she's originally from Hong Kong) is called TenRen Green Tea.

mild tasting-- but it does get bitter when I'm almost out of tea.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BoranJarami

Apr 12, 2006
✟15,790.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
A couple words on green tea:

I noticed white tea mentioned a couple of times. White tea is procesed the same way green tea is. The difference is that white tea is harvested when it is still in bud. This means it is less mature then green tea. (hence the comment about it perhaps not haveing all the benifits of green tea).

As for green tea, you can get different tastes depending on how long you steap the tea. A quick steap will give you a milder even slightly sweet flavor. The longer it steaps the more bitter it becomes. However, the longer it steads the more anti-oxidents are released into the water. With a quick steap it is possible that you might not get enough anti-oxidents to make a difference.

Personaly I like green tea, oolong (which is somewhere in between green tea and black tea), and genmaicha (which is tea made from green tea and roasted rice).

Upvote 0

LYP

May 29, 2008
Reston, VA.
✟7,736.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi! I have recently began researching the benefits of drinking green tea. I've only been drinking it for about two weeks now and so far I am very pleased with the results. I would like to know if anyone else has tried it and if so, what would be a good brand for me to purchase? Right now, I'm just using the Lipton brand....but is there something better out there? :) Any feedback would be greatly
appreciated!

I LOVE green tea. I use the ones I buy from the Asian grocery store I drink about 2-3 glasses a day, but never after 3 p.m.

Upvote 0

Super Kal

Whatever
Nov 3, 2008
Mankato
✟34,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
i love green tea... besides water, it's the only thing I drink now

the brand I get is Arizona Diet Green tea... zero calories, and it has ginseng and honey... I can drink it all day, and not feel guilty about empty calories... plus it works wonders when I'm on the exercise bike... it keeps me energized and keeps me going when I'm pushing for two hours

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Briannaa

Apr 16, 2010
✟7,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
green tea is a great drink, i've heard it can be used as a minor appetite suppressant (nothing big, just substituting it in place of snacks) however it has so many other good benefits for you that it doesn't matter. green tea to me was kind of a gross thing to start drinking so i started with the flavored iced kind and now i can drink it anyway.

Upvote 0

Searching_for_Christ

simul justus et peccator
Nov 14, 2009
In my mind.
✟18,609.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I drink Arizona Green tea with honey and Ginseng, this however means that I do not brew my own tea. I'm not a fan of hot drinks AT ALL, and I've only bought one brand of green tea bags (for brewing) and well..it tastes...like nothing? ehh..like a..its got a BIT of a taste but mainly tastes very light and...whatever it just don't got any taste lol.

Upvote 0

Moxie123

Aug 19, 2011
Southern California
✟16,333.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I get my green tea in loose-leaf form from Japanese/Asian grocery stores. It contains macha, the bright green tea powder which is high in antioxidants (also used in Japanese tea ceremonies.) The tea also contains sencha (darker green tea) and brown roasted rice for a smoky flavor.

Lipton and the like have been roasted and lack the authentic flavor and tradition of a classic Japanese green tea, in my opinion.

Upvote 0