Green Tea

Jyssyca

Jul 15, 2005
✟7,664.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hi! I have recently began researching the benefits of drinking green tea. I've only been drinking it for about two weeks now and so far I am very pleased with the results. I would like to know if anyone else has tried it and if so, what would be a good brand for me to purchase? Right now, I'm just using the Lipton brand....but is there something better out there? :) Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

immersedingrace

I feel like I've been dipped in Diamonds!
Aug 10, 2004
New York City
✟19,895.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wissotsky tea ( http://www.wtea.com/ ) makes a Green Tea. I've never tried it, but if it's anything like their mint tea, it has to be good. They have the best spearmint blend ( nana tea ) I have ever tasted.

Wegman's (if you're fortunate enough to live near one) carries a line of loose teas. Many are organic. Some are organic green teas. All the different flavors I've tried are great.

blessings

Upvote 0

romaneagle13

Oct 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
✟8,539.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You might try a shoten (a Japanese grocery) or any oriental-themed stores in your area. Many of them sell different types of green tea. I have gotten the powdered variety, loose tea leaves and the standard teabags in places like that. There are other familiar brands besides Lipton too--Twinings (British tea company) and Celestial seasonings, Republic of Tea, Zen tea. Check out a larger grocery store in your area or organic food store (like Wild oats) and there may be more variety there.

Upvote 0

Kazem

Aug 21, 2005
Msr Gadeda
✟15,166.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
I drink vats of Green Tea with Mint and also White tea. I am not as fond of the Twinings as other brands. Let's see... there's a bunch of tea companies online. Places like Stash.com and so forth.

I like green tea a lot because its not as heavy as some of the black or orange teas which cause my teeth to hurt and/or make me feel swooshy in my belly after I have them.

I agree re: Wegman's.... but there are places like Earth Fare that also sell bulk loose teas, and you may want to look for them.

~ Kazem

Upvote 0

jazzbird

Senior Veteran
Mar 11, 2004
Wisconsin
✟19,741.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
progressivegal said:
I haven't heard too much about it, but I guess the current buzz is that white tea is better than green.
Interesting. I know that white teas do have high levels of anti-oxidants like green because they're not fermented - I wonder if they have even more, or what the deal is.

Thanks for the info.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
jazzbird said:
Interesting. I know that white teas do have high levels of anti-oxidants like green because they're not fermented - I wonder if they have even more, or what the deal is.

Thanks for the info.
White tea is even less processed than green...that's why it contains more of the antioxidents. Green contains more than the other kinds of tea. The leaves are the same (for the most part) no matter if you're drinking white, green, or black, it's simply the processing that's different.

I love, love, love tea. :) I drink several cups of green tea daily, but I also enjoy chai and earl grey. Mmmm. :yum:

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
romaneagle13 said:
You might try a shoten (a Japanese grocery) or any oriental-themed stores in your area.

I think Asian markets are your best bet when it comes to green tea. It assures authenticity.

Another thing you might want to try is oolong tea.

Upvote 0

inHisgripkim

You Are The Salt And Light Of The World
Apr 5, 2006
Arizona
✟10,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jyssyca said:
Hi! I have recently began researching the benefits of drinking green tea. I've only been drinking it for about two weeks now and so far I am very pleased with the results. I would like to know if anyone else has tried it and if so, what would be a good brand for me to purchase? Right now, I'm just using the Lipton brand....but is there something better out there? :) Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
I always go for organic green tea. If they are not organic, you will find alot of chemicals and pestacides in the tea. Organic growers also use organic products to enrich the soil; hence, the tea is more nutritious. Organic green tea caps are also good. You can find them at any health food store.
Bless you.
InHisgripkim

Upvote 0