Big Sandy Texas
✟7,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Make America Great Again. Wonderful political hype. It plays well amongst the ultra-patriots. It plays well with everyone who enjoys the benefits of being American. But what does it mean, precisely? I would like to have as detailed a list as possible of the ways that this might be achieved. Why? Even though I am NOT a conspiracy theorist (I wouldn't waste my time on such trivia), history shows me that when people place extreme emphasis on such things as national pride, to the end that they might obtain political power, the results can be something a lot less than 'great'.

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Please cite a reputable source for Trump leading among these voters.
http://edition.cnn.com/election/primaries/polls/nv/Rep - Trump led with Hispanic voters in Nevada, I'd expect the same elsewhere. In Florida he came second (still did well) but Rubio had home advantage as well as being a fellow Hispanic.

Black percentages are too small to have any reliable data, the polls I found show him leading but they aren't the most reputable I'll admit. I can't see why he wouldn't be leading though, he does fine with Hispanics. And there are reputable general election polls that show he'd do just as well as any other Republican candidate among black voters.

Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Okay so we've gone from "leading among black and hispanic Republicans" to "there's no data for African Americans." That's what I figured. That's why I asked for some proof of the statement.
I was basing it on a poll I saw before but it's not very reputable.

I was wrong, but among Hispanic voters it still seems to be the case, and so the point of my statement still stands.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I was basing it on a poll I saw before but it's not very reputable.

I was wrong, but among Hispanic voters it still seems to be the case, and so the point of my statement still stands.
%

Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I'm going to try that again.

Your statement is incorrect. You said: Trump leads among black and Hispanic Republicans, when the correct statement is that Trump leads with Hispanic Republicans who voted in Nevada.
It's all the same though right

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

imstillstanding

Mar 16, 2016
Illinois
✟9,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
http://edition.cnn.com/election/primaries/polls/nv/Rep - Trump led with Hispanic voters in Nevada, I'd expect the same elsewhere. In Florida he came second (still did well) but Rubio had home advantage as well as being a fellow Hispanic.

Black percentages are too small to have any reliable data, the polls I found show him leading but they aren't the most reputable I'll admit. I can't see why he wouldn't be leading though, he does fine with Hispanics. And there are reputable general election polls that show he'd do just as well as any other Republican candidate among black voters.
Donald Trump does not do okay with Hispanics, overall. 70 percent of Latinos have a negative perception of Trump, according to a poll conducted by an agency representing Telemundo and MSNBC. A Gallup poll of Hispanic voters showed that they viewed Trump in a deeply negative way.

Upvote 0

Pwnerer

Sep 22, 2007
✟16,085.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
Donald Trump does not do okay with Hispanics, overall. 70 percent of Latinos have a negative perception of Trump, according to a poll conducted by an agency representing Telemundo and MSNBC. A Gallup poll of Hispanic voters showed that they viewed Trump in a deeply negative way.
At the end of the day, a candidate should only care to do well with Americans as a bottom line. Hispanic is an ethnicity. American is also an ethnicity. Which one should American politicians work to do well with?

Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
At the end of the day, a candidate should only care to do well with Americans as a bottom line. Hispanic is an ethnicity. American is also an ethnicity. Which one should American politicians work to do well with?
Uhh... American isn't an ethnicity

Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Overall I agree, though Republicans generally tend to not do well with Hispanics. Among Hispanic Republicans it's a different story.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pwnerer

Sep 22, 2007
✟16,085.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
Uhh... American isn't an ethnicity
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_ethnicity
lead.png

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Pwnerer

Sep 22, 2007
✟16,085.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
Nothing is wrong with white people. I just wish there was more diversity in the United States- within all classes of people.

I hear the dog whistle. Fewer white people it is, then. So, why is it better to have fewer white people? Are they somehow inferior? Concurrently: why do you prefer division to unity? I don't see why some people like division.

Upvote 0