Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone have experience creating a Google TV UI? Would be interested in learning how to create my own desktop for the TV. Some also call this the Chrome Cast TV. I just recently ditch Amazon tv, tired of hearing all of the cuss words on ads.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟109,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyone have experience creating a Google TV UI? Would be interested in learning how to create my own desktop for the TV. Some also call this the Chrome Cast TV. I just recently ditch Amazon tv, tired of hearing all of the cuss words on ads.
I do not know how to help with that. Maybe, one could use a Raspberry Pi to make their own TV box, but that is a lot of work. It would be nice if there was a setting for you to turn off the cussing, but tech isn't there yet, or companies are lazy. I use a Roku streaming stick, and do not get ads with cuss words. Worse comes to worse, physical media can help you avoid ads all together. Libraries typically have free DVD or Blu-Ray rentals, assuming you have a disc player.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟109,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My dream would be to develop a launcher - or use Plasma Bigscreen. Plasma doesn't look like it has been worked on for a while. Though I need to look into it more.
Plasma Bigscreen is open source, so it will work.

Maybe this could work also: OSMC

Upvote 0

nhaas11

Christian News: http://www.shekach.com
Oct 3, 2015
Fresno Ca
Visit site
✟8,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have Jellyfin and Plex (ad driven) which I have paid for. But I moved from Plex because of all of the ads they push. What i would like is to build something that will allow shortcuts for Plex, or Jellyfin, or youtube or whatever i want.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟109,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have Jellyfin and Plex (ad driven) which I have paid for. But I moved from Plex because of all of the ads they push. What i would like is to build something that will allow shortcuts for Plex, or Jellyfin, or youtube or whatever i want.
Well, I am not a programmer. You might want to join a programming forum or something, but some of those programming forums can be toxic, such as Stack Exchange.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟109,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree, I would like to find a Christian programming forum. there used to be one, but it has closed down awhile ago.
Well, you can ask CF mods about this. CF could add a programming subforum.

Upvote 0