Jan 12, 2007
✟139,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Isn't ensuring that the translations are correct an important aspect in preserving the scripture?
Well, we have all these translations. Some were translated with hidden biased agenda, some were not.

So long as the translation that is correct; not what people think is correct, but what is correct; is still around, than the Scriptures have been preserved.

Or we could all learn Greek.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Fair viewpoint.

I must ask something though. If the Spirit of God allows us to make correct choices, and we need to accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior to receive the grace of the Spirit of God, doesn't that present an insurmountable problem for non-Christians?

If you need to be Christian to receive the Spirit, and you need the Spirit's help to become a Christian...then...yeah. As I heard someone else in another post say, that's like needing to press a button on the other side of a bridge in order to be able to cross it.
lol.

But no one comes to the Father unless the Holy
Spirit draws them right?

In the OT, the Holy Spirit came upon men, in the
NT the Spirit is IN men.

In the case of unsaved, the Spirit speaks to their hearts.

But that would have to be shown in Scripture for me
to say it's so, that's just my opinion.

Getting ready for a dinner party right now, or I'd check

Hope I understood your ? this time.
:doh:

sunlover

Upvote 0

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nah, it's either ironic on it's own or it's not. Nothing kills irony faster then trying to explain it. :)
tulc(always wanted to visit Australia, is this your winter season now?) :scratch:

Winter down south but I live in Darwin. We only have two seasons here, wet and dry. We are in the dry.

And... shame you don't wanna explain. I don't see what the irony is in sending a known criminal to jail and comparing it to a blood thirsty coup for power?

... and I love irony too. I ususally see it everywhere. Oh well, never mind.

peace

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.