idk
✟7,787.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I feel so sad because I feel like god hates me for some reason or just doesn’t care about me. My whole life I’ve been hated and treated badly by people which now causes me to suffer from mental illnesses. I really tried everything, I tried prayer I even spoke to a pastor, I had multiple people pray for me even myself many times but nothing changes. I tried being a better person, I tried speaking to people more, I tried going out more and I still feel anxiety everyday of my life. I used to be Christian regardless of all this but I lost motivation easily and nothing really changed and I tried my best. I never feel like god is actually there with me or listening to me or helping me with my problems, in fact it just seems to get worse if I even try be a Christian again. I don’t get why I have to suffer when there’s worse people who don’t have the same problems and have better lives and I’m over here unable to even function everyday. I feel singled out in every aspect of my life and everything is horrible and I don’t think god likes me I don’t know why I’m living. I think he will just send me to hell because I’m not practicing the faith properly anymore so idk life just isn’t fair

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟125,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I feel so sad because I feel like god hates me for some reason or just doesn’t care about me. My whole life I’ve been hated and treated badly by people which now causes me to suffer from mental illnesses. I really tried everything, I tried prayer I even spoke to a pastor, I had multiple people pray for me even myself many times but nothing changes. I tried being a better person, I tried speaking to people more, I tried going out more and I still feel anxiety everyday of my life. I used to be Christian regardless of all this but I lost motivation easily and nothing really changed and I tried my best. I never feel like god is actually there with me or listening to me or helping me with my problems, in fact it just seems to get worse if I even try be a Christian again. I don’t get why I have to suffer when there’s worse people who don’t have the same problems and have better lives and I’m over here unable to even function everyday. I feel singled out in every aspect of my life and everything is horrible and I don’t think god likes me I don’t know why I’m living. I think he will just send me to hell because I’m not practicing the faith properly anymore so idk life just isn’t fair
God loves you unconditionally. Know that. He uses adversity as His university for your good.

• Agree
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Remember that many hated Christ and still do. Seek and ye shall find. However, don’t expect to be popular with the world.

Upvote 0

By_the_Book

Life lived by the Bible is life worth living.
Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟38,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

Take it from someone who's been a Christian for 40 plus years and in full-time ministry for 25 years, those who God desires to use the most Satan does everything in his power to destroy. God is not your enemy, Satan is your enemy.

Reactions: seeker1999-
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

Maybe your belief-system needs work.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟364,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Stop that. You know better.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟766,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I am alone & unable to socially bond with others. It’s not their fault or mine and it took a while to fully come to grips with this. Still, I have much to be thankful for in that I have been able bodied enough to work, pay my bills & realize most others have far greater needs.

I try to focus on what the Lord basically tells us what to do in giving something to charity & prayer ( for myself & my neighbor) per Matthew 6:1-15. St. Paul’s instruction for us to pray for all ( 1 Timothy 2:1-6) falls within this.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟364,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Lol y’all act like it’s jus easy tbh I give up I lost faith in god and his supposed followers im done.
We all suffer. It was never said it would be easy. It is extremely hard but easy to go on a pitty trip. Only you can change it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wendykvw

Author, and Patristic Universalist Minister
Mar 24, 2011
Colorado
✟4,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Your 17 yrs. Old and it can be a very difficult time. You should speak to someone who is trained and able to give you hope. Here is a number you can talk to caring people.
Call us 1-800-488-HOPE (4673)
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-1:30 a.m. CST; Closed weekends.
Línea en español 1-855-867-0824.
Reach also their website for free materials www.hopefortheheart.org.

God does not hate you. He loves you dearly and is always with you. Our emotions can deceive us, please know God will never leave or forsake you.
If you feel despair please call this line Crisis Text Line: Text Hello to 741741

YouthLine: Text teen2teen to 839863, or call 1-877-968-8491

God bless you. Sending love and prayers. Call or reach out to those who are ready to help.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟766,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Lol y’all act like it’s jus easy tbh I give up I lost faith in god and his supposed followers im done.

It’s not easy and I have had a feeling of depression and separation for decades. I hope you can do better and in the last 18 years,God has at least given me a sense of purpose to live for myself and others ( such as it is).

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟317,900.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Sounds like you may be experiencing low mood and anxiety. Take a look at these as they might help you.

https://cedar.exeter.ac.uk/media/un...ar/documents/liiapt/Managing_Your_Worries.pdf

https://cedar.exeter.ac.uk/media/un...uments/liiapt/Lift_Your_Low_Mood_(Colour).pdf

https://cedar.exeter.ac.uk/media/un...cedar/documents/liiapt/Unhelpful_Thoughts.pdf

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟731,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

so ... do you think everything is God's fault?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟380,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A few things come to mind as i read this.
1. are you Christian? describe your experience. you seem to have a spiritual connection. Have you been baptized as an adult, not as a baby?
2. Maybe you are under a curse
3. Maybe you are doing something that is causing people to hate you
4. If you are not the problem and it is really other people then you need to get new people, change locations.
5. maybe you are being discriminated against.
6. when you said you were not living as a christian what did you mean by that? explain

What also came to mind is the emotional reaction. I can remember when I was a kid, especially as a new Christian if I thought the wrong thing I thought I was going to hell and was lost. if that is what is going on then you need to give yourself a break, some grace, you are not perfect

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟590,723.00
Faith
Christian
I relate to what you go through you are still young the ones who satan is threatened most with he attacks more because he knows the great future God has planned to try to hinder one from seeing what God wants to do. He will make you look to other life to think you need to be like them as better life but it is sometimes unrealistic that not all can to stop you from enjoying God and seeking true riches. That is the main thing but God also wants good future for one but satan tries to hide God plans to keep you from knowing what God wants but not always only if He wills it the most important thing for God is that one finds success in spiritual path riches to live abundant life that God plans for everyone what ways they can serve Him

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your wonderful post. I appreciate the level of honesty, and am familiar with the feeling you express.
Some time has passed since you posted. Any improvement in your situation?
I feel so sad because I feel like god hates me for some reason or just doesn’t care about me.
Sadly, this is what we learn from our association with Christians and the church. They claim God loves us, but then list all the reasons why he really doesn't. Usually because we don't measure up to the "standard" of expectation.
My whole life I’ve been hated and treated badly by people which now causes me to suffer from mental illnesses.
If other Christians don't make you feel like a worthless maggot, the world is happy to assist. We need to find our self-worth elsewhere.
I really tried everything, I tried prayer I even spoke to a pastor, I had multiple people pray for me even myself many times but nothing changes.
I suppose they provided you with another to-do list? These people can be helpful sometimes. But ultimately, we need to help ourselves, with the help of God, and one positive encouraging person in our lives.
I tried being a better person, I tried speaking to people more, I tried going out more and I still feel anxiety everyday of my life.
Sometimes these things are caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. Meds can help in the short-term. Have you talked to a doctor?
I used to be Christian regardless of all this but I lost motivation easily and nothing really changed and I tried my best.
Lowering expectations on yourself should help. You'll struggle to achieve a level that is out of reach for now. Work your way up to it. (slowly) Jesus said, "My yoke is easy, my burden is light." If it's not easy, or is burdensome, it isn't Jesus.
I never feel like god is actually there with me or listening to me or helping me with my problems, in fact it just seems to get worse if I even try be a Christian again.
I imagine you KNOW God is there, despite your FEELINGS. Go with that. If a relationship with God SEEMS pointless, then it will be. We can be expectant regardless of how we FEEL.
I don’t get why I have to suffer when there’s worse people who don’t have the same problems and have better lives and I’m over here unable to even function everyday.
Age old problem. Why do the wicked not suffer, not appear to. (which is more to the point) They actually are suffering. Everyone does, on some level.
I feel singled out in every aspect of my life and everything is horrible and I don’t think god likes me I don’t know why I’m living.
That's a great insight, actually. To understand that God liking us, is more significant than him loving us. I think there is hope for you after all.
I think he will just send me to hell because I’m not practicing the faith properly anymore so idk life just isn’t fair
Right. Life isn't fair. We can count on that. But... we have to deal with it.

On the subject of hell, you should check out some of the topics on Christian Universalism in the Controversial Christian Theology area.

What is a proper practice of faith? Maybe you set the bar too high. Relax a bit.

BOTTOM LINE:
God does love you. Wait... more than that, he actually likes you.
Drop all the high expectations and foster a relationship with Him.
You are a human being, not a human doing. Focus on being, instead of on doing.

Romans 4:4-5 NIV
Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation.
5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly,
their faith is credited as righteousness.

• Useful
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0