Gay Marriage in CA - Changes in Marriage?

Dogbean

Matt 7:24-27 - Standing on the Rock
Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Well, one would certainly hope so. It's a good start.
As soon as I moved here, our joke of a governor signed into law a bill requiring gay education to be taught in our public schools. Now that's just more damage the public schools are going to do to my kids that I have to "unteach" at home. I've got to fight evolution and the gay agenda.

He's no republican! He's a joke!

Can't wait to see what quip you have for this one ;)

Upvote 0

Dogbean

Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah….they were also the first state to strike down laws against interracial marriage
Look, I never endorsed banning interracial marriage. Stop accusing me of that. CA has done some good things.

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

As soon as I moved here, our joke of a governor signed into law a bill requiring gay education to be taught in our public schools.
Can you provide some actual references for this?
Now that's just more damage the public schools are going to do to my kids that I have to "unteach" at home. I've got to fight evolution and the gay agenda.
Didn’t Arnold also sign a bill protecting gay and lesbians students from in school violence?

Does that mean you’re teaching your kids that violence against members of a minority is a good thing?

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

Look, I never endorsed banning interracial marriage. Stop accusing me of that. CA has done some good things.
I never claimed you did

Good things like legal recognition of same gendered marriage.
Protections for minority students form in school violence
Telling doctor’s they can’t refuse medical treatment to someone just because they are a minority.

Plenty of good things

Upvote 0

Dogbean

Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Can you provide some actual references for this?
Didn’t Arnold also sign a bill protecting gay and lesbians students from in school violence?

Does that mean you’re teaching your kids that violence against members of a minority is a good thing?
When did I say I'd like to see gay and lesbians beaten up in school? I never said that. STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH and accusing me of things I never said. That is your number one problem and that is what you need to work on if you are going to be an enjoyable member of an internet forum.

I am glad he signed a law protecting them from violence. There should not be violence against anyone. I did not say the governor was all bad. I was brought up to respect all races, so stop bringing racism into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟44,079.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Then why include the rant about the “gay agenda”?…what ever that is
It's relevant.. XD
Gay agenda, It's there, but I don't think they're as diabolical as some portray them.:soccer5: I see it as a political movement more than an agenda.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

BigBadWlf

When did I say I'd like to see gay and lesbians beaten up in school? I never said that. STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH and accusing me of things I never said. That is your number one problem and that is what you need to work on if you are going to be an enjoyable member of an internet forum.

I am glad he signed a law protecting them from violence. There should not be violence against anyone. I did not say the governor was all bad. I was brought up to respect all races, so stop bringing racism into it.

And another thing: continuously avoiding the questions I ask you is cowardly.
So I guess that is a “no” you can’t provide actual references to back up your claim that your “joke of a governor signed into law a bill requiring gay education to be taught in our public schools.”

Upvote 0

Dogbean

Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Andreusz

Aug 10, 2008
South Africa
✟9,551.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
As soon as I moved here, our joke of a governor signed into law a bill requiring gay education to be taught in our public schools. Now that's just more damage the public schools are going to do to my kids that I have to "unteach" at home. I've got to fight evolution and the gay agenda.

What is gay education? I mean this question quite seriously. What do you see as the main points conveyed by gay education?

Upvote 0

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OK, I know it's World Net Daily and we should not expect any logic, but how exactly does letting boys into the girls locker room (not that I believe for a moment that the law does that) promote homosexuality?

I could see how someone might claim that it promotes (heterosexual) promiscuity, although I don't believe that the evidence supports that claim, but homosexuality?

What, are the kids supposed to be so traumatized by the differences in the opposite sex that they turn to their own for solace?

Upvote 0

Dogbean

Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
What is gay education? I mean this question quite seriously. What do you see as the main points conveyed by gay education?
Well, part of it is going to be teaching the kids to accept people that are different and not do unkind things to them or make fun of them. This is the part I agree with. These skills apply with regard to race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, etc.

The other part is that they are going to "introduce" kids to homosexuality at a very early age, perhaps even earlier then they would learn about sex itself from their own parents. This is the frightening part, and kids don't need to be exposed to this stuff at such an early age. Getting such ideas so early could, and probably will, increase the homosexuality rate and encourage more sexual activity and exploration at earlier ages, encouraging promiscuity and just openning a huge can of worms.

The purpose of school is to prepare children for the work force or college, and to help them figure out a career and become productive workers in society, not to teach them about sex; that is to be done by the parents, in the home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
As soon as I moved here, our joke of a governor signed into law a bill requiring gay education to be taught in our public schools. Now that's just more damage the public schools are going to do to my kids that I have to "unteach" at home.

Hmm. Not directed at you personally but the idea that while the schools have a firm policy to teach the dignity and worth of all, it is sad to see a parent state their intention to counter that.

I've got to fight evolution and the gay agenda.

How would one fight evolution? Grow a tail, fins, and gills, perhaps?

The epithet 'the gay agenda" obscures that all LGBT folks want is entirely reasonable. it is not reasonable for those mired in prejudice, it seems.

As of now, it can be certain without the name recognition Schwarzenegger had, the Republicans never would have prevailed in the election in which he unseated Gray Davis. The Republican brand name is in disrepute and only parlor tricks like plucking candidates from Hollywood screens can work.

It is no doubt that Governor Schwarzenegger is a liberal Republican who has a lesbian Democrat who was a former pro-choice lobbyist as his Chief of Staff, that is true.

it would seem in effect if his Governorship is a joke, the joke is on the Republicans.

Defeat of the misbegotten Prop. 8 will suffice.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, part of it is going to be teaching the kids to accept people that are different and not do unkind things to them or make fun of them. This is the part I agree with. These skills apply with regard to race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, etc.

The other part is that they are going to "introduce" kids to homosexuality at a very early age, perhaps even earlier then they would learn about sex itself from their own parents. This is the frightening part, and kids don't need to be exposed to this stuff at such an early age. Getting such ideas so early could, and probably will, increase the homosexuality rate and encourage more sexual activity and exploration at earlier ages, encouraging promiscuity and just openning a huge can of worms.

The purpose of school is to prepare children for the work force or college, and to help them figure out a career and become productive workers in society, not to teach them about sex; that is to be done by the parents, in the home.

Kids are not stupid. They know some of their schoolmates have two mommies or two daddies and that's okay. The other stuff about "increasing homosexuality rates" is not supported by anything but fear and being uninformed. That's what you get when you take a paranoid site like World Net Daily seriously.

Upvote 0

jamielindas

When given the option, choose love and compassion
Jan 30, 2008
✟16,274.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
My Goodness! I attend the theater for one evening away from my computer and so much has gone on!

As I think it is important to address the source text. Here is the CA bill to which we are talking about SB777

http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/sen/sb_0751-0800/sb_777_bill_20070223_introduced.html

some excepts

Existing law prohibits the State Board of Education and the governing board of a school district from adopting for use in the public schools any instructional materials that reflect adversely upon persons because of their race, sex, color, creed, handicap, national origin, or ancestry.
SEC. 17. Section 60044 of the Education Code is amended to read:
60044. No instructional materials shall be adopted by any governing board for use in the schools that , in its determination, contains: (a) Any matter reflecting adversely upon persons because of a characteristic listed in
Section 220
SEC. 19. Section 66251 of the Education Code is amended to read:
66251. It is the policy of the State of California to afford all persons, regardless of disability, gender, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or any other any basis that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (a) of Section 422.6 of the Penal Code, equal rights and opportunities in the postsecondary institutions of the state. The purpose of this chapter is to prohibit acts that are contrary to that policy and to provide remedies therefor.

I'm not sure what the problem is here..
It doesn't look like 'gay education' or sex education to me at all. There NOTHING in the text that adds to curriculum at all. It is basically there to keep curriculum from bashing any particular group.
FURTHERMORE, religion is included in this! This protects christians from being bashed as well!

Reactions: Texas Lynn
Upvote 0

jamielindas

When given the option, choose love and compassion
Jan 30, 2008
✟16,274.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Kids are not stupid. They know some of their schoolmates have two mommies or two daddies and that's okay. The other stuff about "increasing homosexuality rates" is not supported by anything but fear and being uninformed. That's what you get when you take a paranoid site like World Net Daily seriously.

This is why I really detest reading some publications interpretation of a bill/law. I prefer to go in an read the text myself. I can't stand the hysteria that most new outlets (liberal and conservative) put into their take on newly signed laws. It's like they didn't even read it, just listened to some chat about it.

From my understanding, the rate of homosexuality has not increased or decreased. I think the rate of openness of homosexuality has increased though

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
From my understanding, the rate of homosexuality has not increased or decreased.

I think that's basically true.

I think the rate of openness of homosexuality has increased though

That's definitely true, and at younger ages. Kids ages 8-10 or so make phone calls to gay community centers saying "I know I'm gay and parents are religious extremists..." and the staff's and vounteers' hearts break when they hear this. Often the best they can do is to be phone friends until the kids are old enough to plan an exit strategy.

Upvote 0