Jan 15, 2004
Missouri
✟16,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Frankie, Pastor George, Tenorvoice and others-

You have all posted very good messages. All true to the gospel.

I have not seen or heard of a homosexual pastor in any of the churches in my vicinity, Baptist or otherwise. But you have all heard the news about the Episcopalean, Lutheran, and Anglican churches accepting this practise in their denominations. Now the Methodists of the NW USA have ordained a lesbian minister. Thankfully, the Methodist congress (or whatever it is called) has voted just recently to uphold the teaching that homosexuality is an abomination, although not going so far as to defrock the minister in question. What happens to her remains to be seen.

We as Christians should not be silent, but we should rebuke the teaching of false doctrine. Paul teaches in Titus 1-

9 He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.
10 For there are many rebellious people, mere talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision group. 11 They must be silenced, because they are ruining whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach--and that for the sake of dishonest gain. 12 Even one of their own prophets has said, "Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons." 13 This testimony is true. Therefore, rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith 15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good. (NIV)

Let us therefore offer our prayers that God will use us and whatever other means are necessary to turn these from their apostate ways and back to the truth.

These are clearly signs that His Coming is close. He is even at the door. Come quickly Lord.

Upvote 0
I guess I am too "liberal" for you guys here. ;). Too bad we still see people in this way (as sinners......and all sinners are....the same) For me homosexuality is NOT a sin, for me there is a difference between sinning and for me all human beings....uh.....correction.....all life is equal and have equal rights.

If that is wrong, I am glad to live my life the "wrong" way....;)

Lotta love & sunshine,
Mimi

Upvote 0

Frankie

Forgiven
May 4, 2004
Earth
✟2,253.00
Faith
Christian
Mimi said:
I guess I am too "liberal" for you guys here. ;). Too bad we still see people in this way (as sinners......and all sinners are....the same) For me homosexuality is NOT a sin, for me there is a difference between sinning and for me all human beings....uh.....correction.....all life is equal and have equal rights.

Lotta love & sunshine,
Mimi
Hi Mimi. God's word says that man has dominion over the animals of the earth and that we are His most prized creation. Would you mind sharing why you believe that "all" life has equel rights?

God Bless,
Frankie

Upvote 0

Tenorvoice

Give me Liberty ...Or a pie in the face
Feb 10, 2004
Way down yonder in the paw paw patch
✟22,387.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Mimi said:

Lotta love & sunshine,
Mimi
Answer me this then...how can the Christian population call The Bible the entire Word of God (meaning that is was breathed by God) and not realize that homosexuallity was and is a sin today??? look at these verses:
LEV 18:22 ‘ You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination

LEV 20:13 ‘ If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

how can they not see this:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.