Aug 20, 2006
South
Visit site
✟21,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is. You assume that God separates His love from Homosexuals (Read Romans 8, and Romans 3:23) All those who come to Him are freely justified.

Even if homosexuality was a sin, you are absolutely no more justified as a believer than any homosexual or any other person.

Isaiah makes it quite clear that all our righteousnesses are of filthy rags.

You said there is something wrong with me wanting the best that God has to offer.

I don't believe you speak for Him.

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You said there is something wrong with me wanting the best that God has to offer.

I don't believe you speak for Him.
Where did I say that? Show me where I said precisely what you just read into.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I was trying to get an idea of what she believes. You should know me better than that. :p

I was not specifically talking about you. Take that up with your concious :p But actually I do have a question off you my friend. Do you not think that most gay people are trying to do the best, with a hand they were dealt ? We are all dealt a hand in life. I know and respect your belief, but you have yet to convince me that any other alternative exists for a group of people that for whatever reason, feel attracted both sexually and emotionally to the same gender. By the way, were you not aupposed to be inviting some guests here :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

MercyBurst

Senior Veteran
Aug 20, 2006
South
Visit site
✟21,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
C

catlover

I'm not looking at other people, I'm looking at Jesus.:thumbsup:

I am sorry, but that does not appear to be the case. You started a thread condemning gays for not having the "fruit of the spirit".

I bet if I started a thread stating, Baptists, Catholics, Pentecostals, Blacks, Hispanics etc. do not produce fruit. It would be shut down.

I don't get it.

Upvote 0

MercyBurst

Senior Veteran
Aug 20, 2006
South
Visit site
✟21,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry, but that does not appear to be the case. You started a thread condemning gays for not having the "fruit of the spirit".

I bet if I started a thread stating, Baptists, Catholics, Pentecostals, Blacks, Hispanics etc. do not produce fruit. It would be shut down.

I don't get it.

Nope that's not what I said. I said that Gay is not a fruit of the spirit -- go read it again. Show me in this thread where I have said anything that condemns.

I want God's best in my life. I'm not interested in anything else. What's wrong with that?

Also, I'm still waiting to see a gay person that demonstrates the fruits of the spirit, instead of defending a lifestyle that doesn't lead me to Jesus

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Nope that's not what I said. I said that Gay is not a fruit of the spirit -- go read it again. Show me in this thread where I have said anything that condemns.

I want God's best in my life. I'm not interested in anything else. What's wrong with that?

No what you did was tery to incite malic towards gay people by using device.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheFathersDaughter

The Revolution has Started
Mar 3, 2007
✟9,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
STOP. Please.

We've gotten to the point where the subject is no longer important and we're all at each others throats trying to trip each other up. If we're not doing that we're competing as to who is more holy. This is obviously not helping us or the subject in any way. I suggest we just drop this thread completely.

Reactions: sampson x
Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, Please continue, and the life changing part, let's please hear about that too.
life changing part?

Let me see if I have this correct, you are fruitful because you point out who Isn't fruitful?

Upvote 0
W

WalkingforHim

You said gays don't have the fruit of the spirit.

Also, I'm still waiting to see a gay person that demonstrates the fruits of the spirit, instead of defending a lifestyle that doesn't lead me to Jesus

You just said it again. Gays don't have the fruit of the spirit.

How does a gay person lead me to Christ?

I don't know. How does a prideful homophobe lead one to Christ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sampson x

Supreme Commander of the Paralytic Army
Dec 21, 2004
Indiana
✟5,603.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
I was not specifically talking about you. Take that up with your concious :p But actually I do have a question off you my friend. Do you not think that most gay people are trying to do the best, with a hand they were dealt ? We are all dealt a hand in life. I know and respect your belief, but you have yet to convince me that any other alternative exists for a group of people that for whatever reason, feel attracted both sexually and emotionally to the same gender. By the way, were you not aupposed to be inviting some guests here :thumbsup:
Just because you are dealt a card doesn't mean you have to play it. I am naturally lustful, manipulative, and self-justified. It doesn't mean that I live my life that way because that was the hand I was dealt. I know those things are wrong and impossible to overcome without the Lord's help. I still fight these things on a daily basis, but I do not make any excuses for my behaviour. People tell me all the time, "Oh, that isn't so bad. It's natural. Dont' worry about it." But I know I can't listen to them because I know what I did was wrong. Sometimes I feel like there is just no other options but to choose the lesser evil, but I'm wrong when I think that. I've done it too many times. I am so glad that God's mercy is so boundless.

Ok...um...we need to stop saying that this thread is bashing gays. If we made a thread about the evils of drunkardness, no one would accuse us of "bashing" those people who are more susceptible to drinking problems. We're not bashing gays, we're debating whether or not their homosexual practices are sinful or not.

Reactions: MrsJoy
Upvote 0

MercyBurst

Senior Veteran
Aug 20, 2006
South
Visit site
✟21,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
life changing part?

Let me see if I have this correct, you are fruitful because you point out who Isn't fruitful?

No, I did not say that. I asked for a practicing homosexual that demonstrates the fruit of the spirit because I've never met one in my 25 years of christianity.

Upvote 0
C

catlover

How does a gay person lead me to Christ?

Who is being malicious? I don't see the fruit. Show it to me.

After seeing the behavior of many Christians I ask you the same question!

I have seen Christians LIE to get a pastor they didn't like thrown out of their congregation.

I have been to a church where the pastor had an affair with the Christian Ed director.

I have been to a church where someone told another lady don't hang out with person A because person A has a demon and will destroy your life.

I have seen some "nice" Christians stare at a severely physically disabled man to the point that man did not want to come back to that church.

I have also heard a lot from the ex-wife of a lead worship guy at a local church in the area...physical abuse etc.

Need I even bring up Orwel Roberts? Now, there's a fruitful dude, but hey he had the "truth" right?

In a nutshell this thread is really silly.

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, I did not say that. I asked for a practicing homosexual that demonstrates the fruit of the spirit because I've never met one in my 25 years of christianity.
Oh you will, trust me you will, if you haven't already. Just remember that pride comes before a fall....

Upvote 0

MercyBurst

Senior Veteran
Aug 20, 2006
South
Visit site
✟21,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You said gays don't have the fruit of the spirit.

You just said it again. Gays don't have the fruit of the spirit.

I don't know. How does a prideful homophobe lead one to Christ?

I asked first, and you aren't helping.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.