South
Visit site
✟21,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to the bible these are the fruits of the spirit in Galatians 5:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Again in Ephesians 5:

(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

Personally, I've never seen these in the life of a gay person.

I've never seen a gay person that helps me see Christ by the way they live, thereby "proving what is acceptable to the Lord."

Can anyone show me otherwise?

W

WalkingforHim

How many gay people do you know?

Besides, it's not like you would see such fruits in the lives of most Christians, either.

I've never seen a gay person that helps me see Christ by the way they live, thereby "proving what is acceptable to the Lord."

I've met several of them on here. You must have your eyes closed.

Upvote 0

savedfromdistruction

Dec 30, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟8,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
According to the bible these are the fruits of the spirit in Galatians 5:

Again in Ephesians 5:

Can anyone show me otherwise?

Let me correct something. First it is "fruit" not fruits. The fruit of the spirit is foor the Christian and a homosexual cannot be a Christian according to scripture. That would include anyone else whho is in sin according too scriptuure.

Upvote 0

MercyBurst

Senior Veteran
Aug 20, 2006
South
Visit site
✟21,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How many gay people do you know?

They're everywhere.

Besides, it's not like you would see such fruits in the lives of most Christians, either.

Perhaps so, but never in the life of a gay person.

I've met several of them on here. You must have your eyes closed.

It's difficult to see the life of a christian in cyberspace. The ones I meet here defend the lifestytle rather than "crucifying the flesh with its affections and lusts" (Gal 5:24). I never heard anyone defend the gay lifestyle in the bible, so it doesn't remind me of Jesus.

As far as my eyes go, I have them on Jesus. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

savedfromdistruction

Dec 30, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟8,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Now might be a nice time to say I'm lesbian and Christian. :)

In any case, being gay doesn't affect ones personality necessarily. You just haven't come across the morally correct ones yet.

According to the bible it is impossible to be a homosexual and saved.

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Upvote 0

TheFathersDaughter

The Revolution has Started
Mar 3, 2007
✟9,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
According to the bible it is impossible to be a homosexual and saved.

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Actually the Bible says nothing or very little about homosexuality. It's because of mistranslations and misinterpretations that we have these assumptions. God doesn't condemn love. I'd rather marry a women I'm truly in love with than a man I only partly love. And love is blessing of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheFathersDaughter

Mar 3, 2007
✟9,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
LOL
he wasn't talking about "personality."
reflecting the Holy Spirit and having fruit that shows He is alive in you has nothing to do with personality.

The fruit of the Spirit are actions pertaining to personality. When you have Christ in you your personality changes. Someone who has Christ could be a serial killer. Just because you have Christ doesn't mean the fruit of the Spirit will come naturally.

Upvote 0

MrsJoy

In love with my wonderful husband
Jan 17, 2007
✟17,390.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
no, your personality is who you are.
it makes you silly or serious;
quite or the loud mouth;
have a good or bad sense of humour;
great a telling jokes, or a flop at this;
a great story teller;
someone who gets the attention of the room when they enter;
The fruit of the spirit is a totally different thing.
Your actions change b/c of the Lord, your personality does not.
and Yes, if the Spirit is truly living in you, you WILL display the fruit of the Spirit.

This is why Jesus told us that we would know others by their fruit:
17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Upvote 0

MrsJoy

Jan 17, 2007
✟17,390.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Actually the Bible says nothing or very little about homosexuality. It's because of mistranslations and misinterpretations that we have these assumptions. God doesn't condemn love. I'd rather marry a women I'm truly in love with than a man I only partly love. And love is blessing of God.
there is a huge difference between misinsterpretations and changing scripture so that you can feel comfortable with it.

and God's love is not just mushy feelings and a pat on the back.
it is justice and holiness.
and NO sin can come into His presence, therefore His love will not allow sin into heaven.

Upvote 0

TheFathersDaughter

Mar 3, 2007
✟9,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
no, your personality is who you are.
it makes you silly or serious;
quite or the loud mouth;
have a good or bad sense of humour;
great a telling jokes, or a flop at this;
a great story teller;
someone who gets the attention of the room when they enter;
The fruit of the spirit is a totally different thing.
Your actions change b/c of the Lord, your personality does not.
and Yes, if the Spirit is truly living in you, you WILL display the fruit of the Spirit.

This is why Jesus told us that we would know others by their fruit:
17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

But in the end your personality determines your actions. The fruit of the Spirit are actions, practices by Christians. Kindness, goodness, all of them branch from ones personality which can change when you find Christ. For instance, a naturally grouchy person would have a hard time with kindness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheFathersDaughter

Mar 3, 2007
✟9,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
there is a huge difference between misinsterpretations and changing scripture so that you can feel comfortable with it.

and God's love is not just mushy feelings and a pat on the back.
it is justice and holiness.
and NO sin can come into His presence, therefore His love will not allow sin into heaven.

Oh believe me, people have done quite enough to change the Bible to fit their ways. That's why homosexuality is viewed as an abomination. As I've said, I spent months praying about it and years more wondering about my sexuality. In the end, as I've said, Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship. If you're relationship is placed in a book, good for you. Mine is placed in God. And God does not condemn me for who I'm attracted too.

Upvote 0

MrsJoy

Jan 17, 2007
✟17,390.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
But in the end your personality determines your actions. The fruit of the Spirit are actions, practices by Christians. Kindness, goodness, all of them branch from ones personality which can change when you find Christ. For instance, a naturally grouchy person would have a hard time with kindness.

no, in the end your character determines your actions.
the fruit of the spirit goes directly against our "natural" man, but, because it is not us, but the Spirit living in us, they can become a part of us. It has nothing to do with us, and everything to do with Him.
these fruits do not spring forth from OUR personality, but from HIS Spirit.

Upvote 0

TheFathersDaughter

Mar 3, 2007
✟9,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
no, in the end your character determines your actions.
the fruit of the spirit goes directly against our "natural" man, but, because it is not us, but the Spirit living in us, they can become a part of us. It has nothing to do with us, and everything to do with Him.
these fruits do not spring forth from OUR personality, but from HIS Spirit.

Your character and your personality are the same thing. And because of our free will His spirit can only come out if we allow it. If we resist the fruit and the action His spirit can't come out.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.