From WOF to simplicity

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Just how are we -- those of us who see the evil that is WOF -- help to deprogram those who simply refuse to see the lie behind the name-it-and-claim-it philosophy of man,
What you think of "WOF" is primarily a bunch of baggage. Otherwise you would not call it evil. At its core, it is precepts of how to walk by faith. It's how to keep it in your heart and in your mouth. It's all good, except the baggage (which no one is interested in).

I believe God is fine tuning doctrine in us all. The whole "name and claim" thing has your distorted picture attached to it, because if you have not because you ask not, you have to name it to ask for it. Do you not? You also have to believe you have it before you actually do (according to Jesus). So beyond that, what you have is a distorted picture of what this is. That picture that you have, not a single WOF person here would care to defend as truth.

which, if the student were to investigate, would discover its origins in Phineas Quimby's writings, from which Mary Baker Eddy, the founder of Christian Science, plagarized her nonsense?

It's the Word. But people take some truth and add stuff to it. I guess everyone does it. Projecting baggage on to it qualifies as well.

Illness is principally an illusion, a lie, to such adherents.
If only it were, since it kills. It is the effect of broken fellowship. It's not mind over matter, which is another distortion.

The truth to these followers of Hagin and others is that the sufferer is really healed, even though he/she still takes whatever medicines were prescribed for conditions that are clearly proven on MRIs and xrays.
WOF does not deny the existence of sickness. It denies it's right to afflict the believer. This assumes they're walking uprightly. This is the greatest cause of illness. It's perverseness in our walks. So doors can be opened and we sometimes have problems.

It's good to do a doubletake on guys like Hagin because they actually came off of their sickbeds, and it really pays to learn from the wisdom they garnered over decades.

Upvote 0

hopeinGod

A voice crying in the wilderness
Jul 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What you think of "WOF" is primarily a bunch of baggage. Otherwise you would not call it evil. At its core, it is precepts of how to walk by faith. It's how to keep it in your heart and in your mouth. It's all good, except the baggage (which no one is interested in).

I believe God is fine tuning doctrine in us all. The whole "name and claim" thing has your distorted picture attached to it, because if you have not because you ask not, you have to name it to ask for it. Do you not? You also have to believe you have it before you actually do (according to Jesus). So beyond that, what you have is a distorted picture of what this is. That picture that you have, not a single WOF person here would care to defend as truth.

It's the Word. But people take some truth and add stuff to it. I guess everyone does it. Projecting baggage on to it qualifies as well.

If only it were, since it kills. It is the effect of broken fellowship. It's not mind over matter, which is another distortion.

WOF does not deny the existence of sickness. It denies it's right to afflict the believer. This assumes they're walking uprightly. This is the greatest cause of illness. It's perverseness in our walks. So doors can be opened and we sometimes have problems.

It's good to do a doubletake on guys like Hagin because they actually came off of their sickbeds, and it really pays to learn from the wisdom they garnered over decades.

Take a good look at the lives of they who are the strongest proponents of this WOF nonsense. Copeland is a multimillionaire. Many of his staff were so fed up with this guy's lifestyle and lies that they contacted "60 Minutes" who did a story on the new jet he purchased, which he swore he would never use for anything other than missionary work, and ended up taking a slew of his cohorts to Fiji (or one of those islands). Inside Edition Investigates TV Preachers Living Like Rock Stars - YouTube

There are WOF Brazilians who have made billions on this godless error he also preaches. The Richest Pastors In Brazil - Forbes

The real story is that anyone who speaks the same as they are being led astray, plain and simple.

Upvote 0

FuzzyBunnySlippers

Once was lost but now I'm found
Mar 28, 2014
✟783.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know of the Jesus Movement. And "The Book" Bible. Written in 1999 it has undergone a facelift of sorts, but I found a copy at a bookstore that was closing here.

I think the prosperity churches rise up because of the economy starting to tank in 2008 especially. People needed to have that magical thinking installed. That God would grant their every wish if they'd just supplicate themselves in prayer and faith in him to do it. And send money for the DVD's, CD's, and books that showed them how.

And mostly I think those doctrines gained their incentive from the scriptures. When Jesus said that we have but to ask in his name and it shall be granted unto us.

But it's not like a magic wand thing. Wave a Jesus in the direction of that house for sale and, poof, it's yours.

Detractors often think the church is losing members. All churches, all denominations.

There are even polls published to show this tallies as truth. But who's truth?

I think our church is in chaos. Has been since denominationalism crept in. This is why I agree that home churches are like unto sanctuaries now. Where two or more are gathered, of like mind and spirit, there too is the seat of worship and the spirit of truth among them.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Take a good look at the lives of they who are the strongest proponents of this WOF nonsense. Copeland is a multimillionaire. Many of his staff were so fed up with this guy's lifestyle and lies that they contacted "60 Minutes" who did a story on the new jet he purchased, which he swore he would never use for anything other than missionary work, and ended up taking a slew of his cohorts to Fiji (or one of those islands). Inside Edition Investigates TV Preachers Living Like Rock Stars - YouTube

There are WOF Brazilians who have made billions on this godless error he also preaches. The Richest Pastors In Brazil - Forbes

The real story is that anyone who speaks the same as they are being led astray, plain and simple.

Inside Edition?
Are you serious you will listen to sensationalism while condemning men of God.

How do you know Coplands business?
Disgruntled employee gossip.

All these things are gossip,and you take the bait.
Who knows how many are being reached in Brazil?
Does Forbes have a financial statement?
How many people attend these Brazilian. Church's?

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Not ONE wof church in this list - All kinds of other churches listed though:

"There are WOF Brazilians who have made billions on this godless error he also preaches." The Richest Pastors In Brazil - Forbes

Senator Grassley and the SENATE COMMISSION for all their digging could find NOTHING to charge anyone with. Don't hear anything about this in the news though do we? Why not? It doesn't sell well:

Inside Edition Investigates TV Preachers Living Like Rock Stars - YouTube

All other charges are just as unfounded. You can twist anything you want to make it sound like anything you want. Kenneth Copeland's staff are blessed excited about helping others. It's the devil who's unhappy with what's going on.

Inside Edition ONLY makes money by selling sensationalism. Not good journalism by any stretch.

The lies about wof are propagated by those who don't know what they're talking about.

"These speak evil of whatever they do not know." - Jude 1:10

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
WOF don't teach the "prosperity gospel".

Here's what wof teach:

6. We believe prosperity is always God's will for all believers; for the whole person, spirit, soul, and body. The Lord has pleasure in the prosperity of those who serve Him. (3 John 1:2, Psalm 35:27)

7. We believe divine healing is always God's will for all believers; for the whole person, body, soul, and spirit, and is wrought by the power of God. Jesus healed all who were oppressed of the devil. (Acts10:38, 1 Peter 2:24)

8. We believe that all of the Promises of God are always yes and amen, never no; that they are provided for in the atonement of Christ, and are the privilege of every member of the Body of Christ today who will receive them by faith. (2 Corinthians 1:20)

9. We believe that the faith to receive any of the Promises of God comes from hearing God's Word alone; that God's Word is alive and powerful, and every Promise therein contains the faith of God, sufficient to bring itself to pass in the life of any person who believes His Promise in their heart, and confesses it with their mouth. What God has so wonderfully provided by His grace we receive by faith. (Romans 10:17, Hebrews 4:12)

10. We believe that in all things pertaining to life on earth, God is the Author of all that is good; it is only the devil who comes to steal, kill and destroy. God never tempts us, nor uses any element of the curse (Deut. 28) to teach us; He only teaches us by His Holy Spirit revealing to us, the truth of His Holy Word. (John 10:10, James 1:13, Psalm 119:105, John 16:13, Deuteronomy 28)

http://www.christianforums.com/t7586769/

The lies about wof are propagated by those who don't know what they're talking about.

"These speak evil of whatever they do not know." - Jude 1:10

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Funny how the "journalists" don't find how much WOF ministries GIVE to help orphanages, missions, disaster regions, the preaching of the gospel, third world medical missions, etc, etc, etc.

I guess that doesn't sell well either.

You really need to get out there and start preaching the gospel.

I think you'll get a whole new perspective on EVERYTHING if you start doing something constructive for the Lord.

You're getting ingrown and bitter over lies and propaganda against Christians who are doing the Lord's work.

Come on, do as JESUS did. Do as JESUS told you. Shake off that bitterness and anger and get going for the Lord. Don't use anti-Christian journalism as an excuse. You're accountable to the Lord for what you do with what HE gave you.

"Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give." - Matthew 10:8

"And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen." - Matthew 28:18-20

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
If you don't want to do as the LORD JESUS CHRIST told us ALL to do, then you have no business judging others who are.

"Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things." - Romans 2:1

"So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.” " - John 8:7

"How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me remove the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck that is in your brother’s eye." - Luke 6:42, Matthew 7:5

Think about this:
The devil doesn't want us to do what the LORD JESUS told us to do.
He's going to try to stop those who are.
Why do you think he's targeting genuine wof ministries?
Because they spend more money per year doing what the Lord said than the others spend in a lifetime.

A popular wof teaching is: "We're blessed to be a blessing."

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
If you genuinely believe the Lord wants some people sick, poor, oppressed, etc. then get up, and be the best poor, sick, oppressed person you can possibly be, and give GLORY to the Lord right where you're at.

Don't complain about those who genuinely believe:
"For as many as are the promises of God, they all find their Yes [answer] in Him [Christ]. For this reason we also utter the Amen (so be it) to God through Him [in His Person and by His agency] to the glory of God." - 2 Corinthians 1:20 AMP

"For however many promises God has made, they all find their “Yes” in connection with him; that is why it is through him that we say the “Amen” when we give glory to God." - CJB

"All the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us." - 2 Corinthians 1:20 NKJV

"The yes to all of God’s promises is in ·Christ [L him], and through Christ we say ·yes [L amen; from a Hebrew term meaning “yes,” or “it is true”] to the glory of God. " - EXB

"He carries out and fulfills all of God’s promises, no matter how many of them there are; and we have told everyone how faithful he is, giving glory to his name." - TLB

"No matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God." - NIV

"Jesus says yes to all of God’s many promises. It is through Jesus that we say, “Let it be so,” when we give thanks to God." - NLV

"In Jesus we hear a resounding “yes” to all of God’s many promises. This is the reason we say “Amen” to and through Jesus when giving glory to God." - VOICE

Thank YOU Lord GOD ALMIGHTY for YOUR many promises. Teach us how to believe and receive them. Those who are struggling, help them Lord, so that TOGETHER, we may all enter into YOUR blessings which the LORD JESUS CHRIST paid for in full for us. We need YOU and love you. You are our hope and salvation. Blessed be YOUR name LORD GOD ALMIGHTY. In the name of the LORD JESUS CHRIST. AMEN. SO BE IT. IT IS TRUE.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hopeinGod

A voice crying in the wilderness
Jul 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Then I suggest you take all these assumptions into the VA hospitals of this country to heal those who have returned without limbs and half of their brains. What is the excuse for not proving your philosophy, this doorway you proclaim is the means by which all needs can be met? Why not you do what you tell me to do? Take these words you seem to think are "the answer" into the places where REAL needs actually exist and do something with them. Let your words grow new limbs, new brains, sound minds, etc. But you won't, and why? Because all that I read is a philosophy without power and little to no REAL results. "Just do as I preach, but not as I do" kind of stuff. Go to work with me one day, just one day, and provide what you say is possible through your belief spoken, let your words do what you say they can. I'll be waiting at the entrance. Just give me a call.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That sometimes God chooses to heal.

True statement, and the companion to that is: "SOMETIMES" He doesn't choose to OVERTLY heal, and either takes the person home, or (as in my case) Sustains them in the condition.

It should be totally OBVIOUS to everybody that IF "WoF claims" were true, then there'd be NO Discussion. They'd all be "Healed" (and if they WEREN'T it'd be THEIR FAULT).

But the simple fact is that a person is NO MORE LIKELY to experience ACTUAL "Physical Healing", or ACTUAL "Prosperity" in a "WoF oriented congregation", than they are in the local Baptist, or United Church of Christ. And no LESS likely either.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Then I suggest you take all these assumptions into the VA hospitals of this country to heal those who have returned without limbs and half of their brains. What is the excuse for not proving your philosophy, this doorway you proclaim is the means by which all needs can be met? Why not you do what you tell me to do? Take these words you seem to think are "the answer" into the places where REAL needs actually exist and do something with them. Let your words grow new limbs, new brains, sound minds, etc. But you won't, and why? Because all that I read is a philosophy without power and little to no REAL results. "Just do as I preach, but not as I do" kind of stuff. Go to work with me one day, just one day, and provide what you say is possible through your belief spoken, let your words do what you say they can. I'll be waiting at the entrance. Just give me a call.

Why don't you become a atheist?
If this question insults you it was intended to.

You are trampling God's gifts under foot.

For hundreds of years post reformation Puritans,and today's hyper Calvinists,deny that miracles exist.
People consider warming a bench on Sunday being Christian,they do not read the word
They simply doze and Amen what is taught in modern seminary.

The entire earth groans for the sons of God to walk in the Spiritual power God has gifted us with.
Ah the old deny healing,don't give me your faith junk ,,go clean out some hospitals then
I can believe in your faith stuff.
Well it don't work that way.

Healing and miracles,come from the manifestation of God through the Holy Spirit.
He is not your genie to convince your UN belief.

To bad Asusa street is long past,the faith has dimmed due to denial in the pulpits.
Found in a room that Seymour set aside were all types of crutches wheelchairs and other
Left behind medical items never needed again.

I suppose the healings of Smith Wigglesworth were fake to even though they were witnessed by thousands.
When ever a great awakening occurs people give God the glory he deserves,and mighty works proceed to manifest.
Do you think the people you speak of believe they can be restored?
Or have they been taught God is a fable?
Or yes there is a God but he is punishing you.
Or maybe it's not his Will for you to be made whole.

Have you considered its your calling to minister and teach?
Why burden others with lack of faith?
Do you remember the image in the glass you once believed in?
Or have you walked away and forgotten what you looked like anointed by God.

It's not easy overcoming UN belief in the afflicted,it's even harder in the once was a believer.
Stop whining and do the work God called you to do,teach them salvation then teach them
Faith.
Bring back the Spirit,the anointing,little by little your own faith will grow and others will
See it see Christ in you.
Even Jesus Christ could do no mighty works among UN believers,so why attack our faith
We have our own ministries,as I have mentioned already.
God empower you brother in the name of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Everyone has a choice to believe the Lord's words or not.

Believe and receive.

Doubt and do without.

WOF teaching is to HELP you believe.

The reason people have a hard time believing is because of people like you running around teaching AGAINST:

"For as many as are the promises of God, they all find their Yes [answer] in Him [Christ]. For this reason we also utter the Amen (so be it) to God through Him [in His Person and by His agency] to the glory of God." - 2 Corinthians 1:20 AMP

WOF are learning and growing and getting better results all the time in their OWN lives BECAUSE we do what scripture says:

"Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." - Romans 10:17

BASED ON THESE SCRIPTURES:

6. We believe prosperity is always God's will for all believers; for the whole person, spirit, soul, and body. The Lord has pleasure in the prosperity of those who serve Him. (3 John 1:2, Psalm 35:27)

7. We believe divine healing is always God's will for all believers; for the whole person, body, soul, and spirit, and is wrought by the power of God. Jesus healed all who were oppressed of the devil. (Acts10:38, 1 Peter 2:24)

8. We believe that all of the Promises of God are always yes and amen, never no; that they are provided for in the atonement of Christ, and are the privilege of every member of the Body of Christ today who will receive them by faith. (2 Corinthians 1:20)

9. We believe that the faith to receive any of the Promises of God comes from hearing God's Word alone; that God's Word is alive and powerful, and every Promise therein contains the faith of God, sufficient to bring itself to pass in the life of any person who believes His Promise in their heart, and confesses it with their mouth. What God has so wonderfully provided by His grace we receive by faith. (Romans 10:17, Hebrews 4:12)

10. We believe that in all things pertaining to life on earth, God is the Author of all that is good; it is only the devil who comes to steal, kill and destroy. God never tempts us, nor uses any element of the curse (Deut. 28) to teach us; He only teaches us by His Holy Spirit revealing to us, the truth of His Holy Word. (John 10:10, James 1:13, Psalm 119:105, John 16:13, Deuteronomy 28)

11. We believe God gave all mankind free will and dominion over the world that we live in; and gave all Christians His kingdom authority and power, to walk as Sons of God, in the steps of Jesus, Who was our example in all things. By way of the leading of the Holy Spirit, we are to take dominion over circumstances and situations, and enforce His Covenant Promises on earth, through the power of His Words spoken out of our mouth. We believe that when we speak in full agreement with His Word, we can have what we ask. (John 1:12, Mark 11:22-24, Luke 9:1, James 4:7, 1 John 3:22)

12. We believe Jesus, in His life and ministry on earth, demonstrated God's perfect will for the earth in all matters for all time. He was made to be sin for us, and was spiritually separated from the presence of the Father on the cross in our place; He descended into hell, was raised up by God the Father, loosed from the pains of death, and was the firstborn from the dead. (John 14:9-12, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Matthew 27:46, Mark 15:34, Acts 2:24, Colossians 1:18)

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
It takes years for a wof believer to study and grow and SEE the WORD work in their own life in ALL areas.

We are reaching out and helping others in the same way the Lord has helped us.

And they too receive the same good results we do.

Will we be clearing out the VA hospitals ASAP?

YOU BET!!

That's one of the reasons WE study diligently and work continuously on growing in CONSISTENTLY seeing the WORD work for us and our families AND those around us who WANT to do likewise.

What are you doing to help others receive from the LORD?

Whining and complaining and telling people the LORD'S written words DON'T work?

JESUS may NOT want to heal YOU?

What kind of nonsense is that?

The WORD DOES WORK!!!

PRAISE the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY !!!!

We see it daily in our own lives, and the lives of those who believe the LORD JESUS when HE said:
"Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them." - Mark 11:24

"So Jesus answered and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done." - Matthew 21:21

"Then He touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith let it be to you.” " - Matthew 9:29

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Growing in faith in the LORD'S promises HELPS you receive.

The Lord is also available to those who want help getting rid of doubts and obstacles to believing HIM.

Genuine wof know this from the word and from experience.

"Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!” " - Mark 9:24

Why do we bother with you naysayers?

Because your doubts are the same ones we have had to overcome.

We know what it's like to have faith struggles, YET we hung onto the Lord and got HIS help to OVERCOME.

Each one of you has to decide whether you will take the Lord at HIS word or not.

We will continue to tell you the truth so that you too can see for yourself the LORD DID NOT LIE.

We are encouraged to see it's working.

More and more people here, and family, friends, strangers, out there, are finding out for themselves how good the LORD IS, and how faithful are HIS promises.

We hope to see you become one of those for REAL, with real results for yourself.

May you soon be one who believes the report of the Lord (Joshua, Caleb), rather than the 10 spies who made excuses why the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH is too little to win over giants.

"Who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?" - Isaiah 53:1

"Surely He has borne our griefs
And carried our sorrows;
Yet we esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten by God, and afflicted.
5 But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray;
We have turned, every one, to his own way;
And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
" - Isaiah 53:4-6

"You know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich." - 2 Corinthians 8:9

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Any genuine wof knows what it's like to doubt and do without.

That's where we used to live before we became wof and learned how to believe and receive.

We're still growing in faith, and seeing the results grow in proportion.

We're not gong back to pre-wof days because what we have now is so much better.

Learning from the Lord takes time, patience, endurance.

Every minute of WORD study, and fellowship prayer with the LORD, will help your faith grow to believe the LORD and receive what the LORD JESUS CHRIST suffered to purchase for us.

"Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 12:14

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
It's hard to find a genuine WOF church. Many wof have to learn WOF on their own. And they do learn.

It's a testimony to the power of the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY'S WORDS that many wof succeed on their own with no help but the LORD'S help.

But where there ARE genuine wof churches, there are more healings, deliverance, and financial needs met than other churches.

All kinds of nonsense gets labelled wof by you non-wof.

Does that nonsense work?

Of course not.

Do some churches and individuals claim to be wof that aren't?

Yep.

Nonsense occurs in all denominations. You already know that.

Upvote 0

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
What of these faith healers?

E W Kenyon died in a coma, brought on by a malignant tumor.

Kenneth Hagin's sister died of cancer.

Hagin's grandson was diagnosed as having a brain tumor that required immediate surgery.

Kenneth Hagin's son in law, Buddy Harrison died of cancer.

Both Hagin and his son wore glasses.

A A Allan died of cirrhosis of the liver.

Jack Coe died of polio.

Dr Hobart Freeman and a 100 of his followers died after refusing medical attention while believing for their healing.

Ruth Ward Heflin died of cancer.

19 children that followed cult leader Charles Meade died due to his faith stance and revulsion of medicine.

The charismatic author Jamie Buckingham proclaimed himself healed but died several months later of cancer.

Pastor John Osteen had a kidney dialysis and heart catheterization.

Osteen's wife, Dotie, had liver cancer but underwent medication attention.

Oral Roberts suffered chest pains on October 6 1992 during the Praise The Lord show, Paul Crouch prayed over him and pronounced him healed. Less the four hours later Oral Roberts experienced more intense chest pains and was hospitalized after midnight and it was later reported the diagnosis was "near fatal".

Frederick K Price's wife Betty developed cancer but underwent chemotherapy and was healed.

Ruth Carter Stapleton, faith healing sister of former president Jimmy Carter, died of cancer.

R W Schambach had a quadruple heart bypass.

John Wimber died of cancer.

Chris Wimber died of melanoma cancer.

Kathryn Kuhlman died of heart failure.

Joyce Meyer had breast cancer and was medically treated.

Death by Faith

Upvote 0

contango

...and you shall live...
Jul 9, 2010
Sometimes here, sometimes there
✟16,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Any genuine wof knows what it's like to doubt and do without.

That's where we used to live before we became wof and learned how to believe and receive.

We're still growing in faith, and seeing the results grow in proportion.

We're not gong back to pre-wof days because what we have now is so much better.

Learning from the Lord takes time, patience, endurance.

Every minute of WORD study, and fellowship prayer with the LORD, will help your faith grow to believe the LORD and receive what the LORD JESUS CHRIST suffered to purchase for us.

"Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 12:14

Doing without seems like it could be a part of "take up your cross and follow me". Inconvenient but enjoying perfect health and material prosperity doesn't sound like bearing much of a cross to me.

"Reaching forward to the things which are ahead" - it's a bit presumptuous to claim Paul was talking about material prosperity in this life when he spoke of the times he had much and the times he had nothing, the times he had been beaten and imprisoned for his faith. Were those just the times he forgot to stand on the promises, or was he actually talking about an eternal reward?

When Jesus said the world would hate us I don't think he meant the world would burn with jealousy of our great material wealth and perfect health.

Upvote 0