• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

From Darkness into the Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowerpotMan

Apr 23, 2006
✟7,688.00
Faith
Christian
Hello brothers and sisters,

I'm Manuel and I'm 243 years old, oops, 24 years. I'm by nature a quite sunshine-hearted person but some years ago something happened. My grandfather passed away. I didn't have a close relationship to him so I wasn't too sad. I stayed at my grandmother's place for some days with my father. I couldn't share her pain and she didn't accept my Bible quotes and testimony, the only way I could fashion to ease her burden.
And at that point my wrong thinking started: I must be sad because someone has passed away, so don't smile, don't be happy, refuse any light thought, Grandma also doesn't have any, in grandma there seems to be darkness and hopelessness, so be the same way. Idiotic thoughts, eh? What I did was sit in the living room, force myself to read the Bible, and not eat or drink. I let thoughts about my dissatisfaction with my own life enter my mind. A week later, at New Year's Eve, I had my first panic attack, followed by a year of fear and depression.
Today I came to the heart of my problem and I thought, how could I ever have thought that God didn't want me to enjoy life. Please heed my words: Don't be afraid. There is nothing to be afraid of. Think right: Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honorable, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there is any virtue, and if there is any praise, think about these things.(Philippians 4:8)
God is good (Psalms 25:8). God is love. (1 John 4:8) God is the giver of life in jesus christ (John 6:33) which he wants you to enjoy in its fullest, the life of the spirit which gives you love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance (Galatians 5:22,23)
You can trust that God wants you to live, have joy, peace because he has given it to you. Do you want it?

Your brother in Christ,
Manuel.

Immanuel - God is with us

Status
Not open for further replies.