United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to take some time to let you all know what we I have been working on the last few months.

I have upgraded our forum software to the latest version. This usually happens once a month or so and insures that all security fixes and bug fixes are squashed.

I have also added a few new add-ons (as well as removed some old code that was adding no value to the site). The new add-ons are mostly centered on keeping spammers and trouble makers off the site.

We do have one new feature that some of you may have noticed already. This feature is there to keep your account secure. What the feature does, is that every time you login to the site using a new computer or new ip address, it will send you a notification via email with the ip address and other information on the computer that logged in.

This does not mean that there is a problem with your account, it is simply a notification that our software has detected a new computer and we want to let you know. You can review the information and if the information looks suspicious we recommend you contact us so that we can investigate.

Lastly, we have adjusted the advertisers that we use to insure that ads viewed on this site are of the highest quality possible. Some bad ads may still get through but we only use three ad networks currently and they are the three highest quality ad networks that we have access too.

We are constantly looking to improve the forum and provide you a better experience. If you have any suggestions or concerns, feel free to contact us through the forum and let us know!

Thanks and God Bless!

HolyGround

Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2016
United Kingdom
✟45,435.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to take some time to let you all know what we I have been working on the last few months.

I have upgraded our forum software to the latest version. This usually happens once a month or so and insures that all security fixes and bug fixes are squashed.

I have also added a few new add-ons (as well as removed some old code that was adding no value to the site). The new add-ons are mostly centered on keeping spammers and trouble makers off the site.

We do have one new feature that some of you may have noticed already. This feature is there to keep your account secure. What the feature does, is that every time you login to the site using a new computer or new ip address, it will send you a notification via email with the ip address and other information on the computer that logged in.

This does not mean that there is a problem with your account, it is simply a notification that our software has detected a new computer and we want to let you know. You can review the information and if the information looks suspicious we recommend you contact us so that we can investigate.

Lastly, we have adjusted the advertisers that we use to insure that ads viewed on this site are of the highest quality possible. Some bad ads may still get through but we only use three ad networks currently and they are the three highest quality ad networks that we have access too.

We are constantly looking to improve the forum and provide you a better experience. If you have any suggestions or concerns, feel free to contact us through the forum and let us know!

Thanks and God Bless!
God bless the work you do here.
It must be a tough job managing a forum of this stature.

Upvote 0

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What if you didnt get a new ip adddress but received one of those emails?
All the email does is let you know when there is a login from a different ip address. As long as that IP Address is yours then nothing needs to be done. When you get an email, you can go to http://www.whatismyip.com to compare.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heres the mail I receieved from Christianforums

Fireinfolding,

We noticed a recent login to your account from a new IP address. This is a courtesy email and not an indication that your account has been compromised. Please review the information below and if you have any questions or concerns please email us via the Contact form on our forum.

Details:

• IP Address: 164.196.144.98
  • Date: 09/12/2016 05:03 AM UTC
  • User Agent: Mozilla/6.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW62) AppleWebKit/837.35 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/52.7.4743.82 Safari/537.36 OPR/39.2.2256.38
Thanks.
Christian Forums

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is based on mobile cellular networks so your ip address will change a lot.

But why has this been the first time and whats all that other stuff under the IP

This?
  • User Agent: Mozilla/56.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW61) AppleWebKit/538.37 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/52.3.2843.92 Safari/377.36 OPR/40.0.2886.48
I dont use any of those (the numbers are false)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
th

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Hidden in Christ
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟347,209.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would like to talk about security improvements. There are many men on this board that feel that as we are all members of the church body that we should act on this board as we would in a church building. By that they mean that we, as women, are not entitled to post w/o some kind of headship over us.
Could we please have cf rules as a headship over everyone and that places us all as equal members of the body of Christ.
As it is now there is no rule for bullying by males toward females, and no incentive for others to put a stop to it. On the contrary I see just an egging on or if not then just a quite acceptance.
There needs to be rules in place so that those who are bullied have rules in place that others can be reminded of, in being specific toward gender

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,308,620.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
If you are being bullied - you have the remedy for that already - the little black triangle with the exclamation mark in it - aka the Report button.

Hit the button and report the bully. If the same person continues to bully you - that is harassment, so contact a Staff Member by PM and ask for their help.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Hidden in Christ
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟347,209.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you are being bullied - you have the remedy for that already - the little black triangle with the exclamation mark in it - aka the Report button.

Hit the button and report the bully. If the same person continues to bully you - that is harassment, so contact a Staff Member by PM and ask for their help.
That isn't easy to do because it's done subtely but recognisably by all. And it's an accepted practise that some guy you don't know does the 'arm on you' thing. I've seen this happen for all the time I've been on this site. I'm sure you know yourself when that happened to you. I find it totally unacceptable thereby making me a target of male shame slander because I fight the disgusting locker room practise instead of acquising to it and becoming a notch on some disgusting male's belt. Please believe me when I say there needs to be a recognisable gender rule that someone can report the subliminal oppression to get someone off your back

Upvote 0