Oct 29, 2004
Washington
✟15,148.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hiya Guys,

I run another site similiar to this one geared mainly towards youth and I have a question which I hope someone here can help me answer. We have one indivual who has had many chances to improve and better himself but he has not made an attempt. It is almost like this person is seeing how many chances I will give him. Recently he made a big mistake and I banned him from entering, but now people are commenting no how I should let him back in because of the of the forgivness issue and this individual saying he has had a change in heart, (which he has said many many times now). They say I should forgive him and forget it. What I have tried to explain to them is that I do not hold it against him and he is forgiven through God but I cannot allow him to sway younger christians but his attitude and behavior.
Can someone help me with some verses explaining how there needs to be a line you have to draw in order to keep the "flock" as it is safe.

Thanks Bunches.

In His Service,
John

hopper

Aug 24, 2004
✟20,319.00
Faith
Christian
John,

Speaking as one who is not in the moderatory loop, but has been a Bible-believing Christian for over 40 years; personal forgiveness is one thing, and corporate or government forgiveness is another entirely. Rules are set in place, and penalties assessed for violation. Shunning is not without restorative qualities, and should always be measured with love. It's a judgement call on your part, but I think it would be great if the violater can still be a silent member of the community, especially with some way of have his presence known, but without comment or the ability of harmful action. It would also be great if some sort of gradual limited access could be considered. It also helps me to always keep in mind that lost souls are lost, and can not be trusted to have a reasonable value system, but brothers are to be held to stricter accountability. Don't know that that helps much, but there it is. CF is ripe with it's own struggles on these issues.

-the hopper

Upvote 0

swingnscream

more music - dance our troubles away
Jan 25, 2004
I roll with the foxes and hunt with the hounds
✟11,702.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
blindmanwalks said:
Can someone help me with some verses explaining how there needs to be a line you have to draw in order to keep the "flock" as it is safe.

Thanks Bunches.

In His Service,
John

Matthew 7:15
Be wary of false preachers who smile a lot, dripping with practiced sincerity. Chances are they are out to rip you off some way or other. Don't be impressed with charisma; look for character.

Titus 3:10-11
Warn a quarrelsome person once or twice, but then be done with him. It's obvious that such a person is out of line, rebellious against God. By persisting in divisiveness he cuts himself off.

I think that's what you're looking for.
Enjoy,

-KiN

Upvote 0

blindmanwalks

Oct 29, 2004
Washington
✟15,148.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
swingnscream said:
Matthew 7:15
Be wary of false preachers who smile a lot, dripping with practiced sincerity. Chances are they are out to rip you off some way or other. Don't be impressed with charisma; look for character.

Titus 3:10-11
Warn a quarrelsome person once or twice, but then be done with him. It's obvious that such a person is out of line, rebellious against God. By persisting in divisiveness he cuts himself off.

I think that's what you're looking for.
Enjoy,

-KiN

That is exactly what I was looking for. Second one to be in paticular. Give them a chance and a second one but then cut your ties, espicially if they are being disruptive (rebellious against God).. Thank you all so much.

In Him,
John

Upvote 0

Sharky

Rockin dude!
Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
✟7,782.00
Faith
Christian
You can forgive them. But that does not mean you reinstate them.

People who were commenting on how you should forgive are correct. However it is not wise to just reinstate him unless he is showing his proper fruits.

I agree with the above. Warn him once or twice, then, have nothing more to do with him.

Upvote 0

Lunzo

Nov 8, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟135.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
yeah I agree with the above comments. You should warn him, and it sounds like you've already done that a few times, and then if he persists cut him off. Explain to him why you are doing that. Let him know that you think he is leading the other forum users astray and you have a responsibility to them to make sure they aren't lead astray.

Upvote 0