Not open for further replies.

Mylinkay Asdara

Voice of Li'Adan
Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
✟2,068.00
Faith
Pagan
His name was Henry Ciesla and he's in Heaven (regardless of what I believe it's what he believed that counts in his own afterlife) He was a devote (and I mean devote) Catholic who lived to be 87 years old, still walking everyday 4 miles (I know - insane right?) picking up change on the sidewalk which he always donated to the church in addition to his tithe (he was a strong believer in supporting the church).
He appeared in my dream last night, and today I will go and enter a Catholic church - as I do once a year - to light a candle for him and his wife, my Busha, Teresa.
If anyone would care to remember them in your prayers (especially if you are of the Catholic persuasion) I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Reactions: Annabel Lee

JeffreyLloyd

Ave Maria, Gratia plena!
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟75,991.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'll say the rosary for him and his wife tonight. Sounds like you have a great grandpa! I'm sure he is in heaven with Mary and the Saints! God bless you!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Upvote 0

kimber1

mean people suck
Feb 25, 2003
Va.
Visit site
✟38,363.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
i think that's great that you would light a candle for him :hug: and i'll do the same when i go out today later on. take comfort in knowing he is in God's presence and that the Blessed Virgin is with him as well.

eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord.
and let perpetual light shine upon them. may their souls and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi I will also pray for your Grandfather . . what a wonderful man he must have been (and is) and what a wonderful thing you do for him each year yourself. I am happy to join my prayers to yours. I am going to the Church tonight for Adoration, and will light a candle for your Grandfather as well. :)

Peace in Him!

Upvote 0

KC Catholic

Everybody's gone surfin'...Surfin' U.S.A
Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In Loving Memory
Almighty God, through the death of your Son on the cross, you have overcome death for us. Through his burial and resurrection from the dead you have made the grave a holy place and restored us to eternal life. We pray for those who died believing in Jesus and are buried with him in the hope of rising again. God of the living and the dead, may those who faithfully believed in you on earth praise you for ever in the joy of heaven. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.:prayer:

Mylinkay Asdara, peace be with you and your family.

~KC Catholic

Upvote 0

Michelina

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2003
✟19,733.00
Faith
Catholic
I will pray a Rosary for your grandparents and light a candle when I go to Mass this evening. I will pray the following prayer for the next three days in their memory:

O Lord God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who said "I am the Resurrection and the Life, he who believes in me, even if he die, shall live", we thank you for your infinite mercy by which you have delivered your servants Henry and Teresa from the darkness of death and brought them to you to live in your eternal Light. We pray that we may join them one day and enjoy your infinite Love with them and with You and the Father and Holy Spirit through all the endless ages of ages."

Domine, exaudi orationem meam, et clamor meus ad Te veniat.
O Lord, hear my prayer and let the words of my heart come unto You.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KennySe

Habemus Papam!
Aug 6, 2003
Visit site
✟14,554.00
Faith
Catholic
I will certainly pray for your grandfather, my brother in Christ.

O God of all spirits and of all flesh, Who has conquered death and destroyed satan and granted life to Your world, grant rest, O Lord, to the soul of Your departed servant Henry Ciesla in a place of light, of happiness, of peace, where there is no pain, no grief, nor lamentation.
And as a gracious God and a Lover of mankind, forgive him of all transgressions committed by him by word, deed, or thought, for there is not a man who lives and does not sin; You alone are without sin, Your righteousness is everlasting, and Your word truth.

For You are the resurrection, life and repose of Your departed servant Henry Ciesla; O Christ, our God, and we give glory to You, together with Your eternal Father, and with Your all holy, good and life-creating Spirit, now, always and forever. Amen.​

And I say a prayer for you also, in my own words.

Dear Father in Heaven, look favourably upon Mylinkay Asdara, granddaughter of Henry Ciesla.
See the love, respect and honor that she has for her grandfather.
Though she is not of the faith of her grandfather, look down upon her with love and mercy as you do upon all your creations.
I ask this in Jesus, Holy Name. Amen.​

Upvote 0

Metanoia02

Owner of the invisible &a mp;
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟20,203.00
Faith
Catholic
O God, who is all that is good and true, look upon your faithful servent Henry Ciesla with tender mercy. Through his baptism he became one with you and through the witness of his life he proclaimed your glory. May you also grant your child Mylinkay Asdara peace and turn her valley of tears into rivers of joy.

Amen

Upvote 0

Cat59

Just me
Aug 28, 2003
Beautiful Wales
Visit site
✟40,090.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
:pray:
O Lord, I pray for the family and friends of Henry Ciesla, that they may be comforted and strengthened by the memories of him and his strong and certain belief.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let your perpetual light shine upon him, and may he rest in peace, Amen.
:pray:

Cat

Upvote 0

Mylinkay Asdara

Voice of Li'Adan
Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
✟2,068.00
Faith
Pagan
Thank you all again - I'm about to jet from work and see about that church - but I wanted to clarify and I'm sorry if others got the wrong impression - he's been dead for a few years... so... we're all okay with him being gone - it's just that he appeared to me in a dream last night and I feel he needs prayers now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

devoted daughter

Mar 14, 2004
✟14,195.00
Faith
Christian
:pray: I will pray for your grandfather, and may he find comfort in the arms of our Lord. May the Spirit give peace and comfort to his wife, Teresa, and give her strength, and may she be reminded that she is never alone. May God bless your family in this time of grief. May you all have faith and be comforted. I commend you on your commitment to honor your grandfather in a "candle ceremony". You will be blessed. Peace and love to your family. :hug: :pray:

Upvote 0

Mylinkay Asdara

Voice of Li'Adan
Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
✟2,068.00
Faith
Pagan
Thanks guys - I made it to the local church (St. Pious) last night to light the candle for him and my Busha. It was a good experiance. My only regret was that I couldn't pray the rosary for them (it would be, in my mind, blashpemy since I'm of another faith). Thank you all again for your prayers for him, I think they can both rest easy in Heaven again :) Knowing they are still remembered and loved here.

Upvote 0

Angelface007

Friends Are A Blessing
Mar 13, 2004
USA
Visit site
✟4,556.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
My Dearest MyLinKay,
I certianly will pray for your grandfather, and you. And I will also have my friend whom is a catholic, light a candle for him for you! Your grandfather seemed to had been a very loving grandfather, whom Loved God with all his heart! ( Mine as well was like that) I know you must miss him very much! You were very blessed my child to have had a grand dad , whom Loved God very much!! My prayers are with you! God bless ~Angelface~

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.