Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
I figure that we can hold the Flash Forward official thread here in the LOST sub-forum since the show has cast two of LOST's alumni.

(Penelope Widmore is now Dr. Olivia Benford and Charlie Pace is now "Simon")

So, who watched the premiere last night? Did you like it? I did!!!

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really enjoyed it. I found myself seeing some similiarities with LOST, but I think that's a good thing. I also found myself not wanting it to end. And what's up with the one guy who didn't flashforward - and why was he at a ballgame if he had somethign to do with all this? Anyone else think it could be "Charlie"? Also was it just me, or was there a hint that the father of the patient who's suppose to be with the wife of the lead character, that he may have had something to do with the flashforwards - just based on how they showed him lookin' in the previews? The previews they showed for the season seem so intriguing. I think its gonna be a really good show.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
I really enjoyed it. I found myself seeing some similiarities with LOST, but I think that's a good thing. I also found myself not wanting it to end. And what's up with the one guy who didn't flashforward - and why was he at a ballgame if he had somethign to do with all this? Anyone else think it could be "Charlie"? Also was it just me, or was there a hint that the father of the patient who's suppose to be with the wife of the lead character, that he may have had something to do with the flashforwards - just based on how they showed him lookin' in the previews? The previews they showed for the season seem so intriguing. I think its gonna be a really good show.

Well, they said that the boy's father is a professor at... Stanford? I'm not sure if that's suppose to insinuate that he's a brilliant genius and that he was working on an experiment that caused this.

What I find really freaky is the AA Sponsor and the fact that he sees his daughter alive in his flashforward. Could you imagine?

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, they said that the boy's father is a professor at... Stanford? I'm not sure if that's suppose to insinuate that he's a brilliant genius and that he was working on an experiment that caused this.

What I find really freaky is the AA Sponsor and the fact that he sees his daughter alive in his flashforward. Could you imagine?

Yeah I found it so moving when he said that he's spent so long trying to move on, and now he has hope.

And while I totally missed it, seen this mentioned on another site - a billboard for Oceanic Airlines:

While I love Easter Eggs, I can get a little OCD about them. I wonder if FF will keep it up or if they just tipped their hat to LOST?

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nice find on the Oceanic Air sign!

I loved this show. It went by so quickly, I couldn't believe when it got to the end of the episode.

So the guy who didn't flash forward - I think it's because he isn't alive in 6 months, like he said. I don't think he was the one at the ballgame though. Did I miss something?

The men in the masks that showed up in the main character's flash, I think the guy at the ballgame was one of them. And I think it's either Simon (formerly Charlie Pace, heh) or the kid's father who ended up in Olivia's (formerly Penny Widmore) flash. The previews seem to indicate that might be the case, anyway.

My only concern is what they will do after April 29, 2010. (That's a Thursday, by the way, and the first day of May sweeps -- I smell a big season finale brewing!) Once they know what happens on the day of the flash, will there be another flash? I hope they can keep it going, because I'm really looking forward to seeing how this all works out.

Hey Suzy, can this thread be stickied in the Lost forum? Kind of a sub-forum in a sub-forum, but in thread form? Just so we don't lose it on old pages once Lost starts back up again?

Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
Nice find on the Oceanic Air sign!

I agree!

So the guy who didn't flash forward - I think it's because he isn't alive in 6 months, like he said. I don't think he was the one at the ballgame though. Did I miss something?

Are you talking about Demetri? In the preview that I saw, he was with his fiance (Gabrielle Union) and she said that she was with him in her FlashForward. So... there could be a loophole in the whole "flashforward" phenomenon. Like, when two people share the same flashforward, then it's guaranteed to happen, but when two people have conflicting flashforwards, then there's a critical action that can affect whether the future occurs or not? I'm just thinking out loud.... :sorry:

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I agree!

Are you talking about Demetri? In the preview that I saw, he was with his fiance (Gabrielle Union) and she said that she was with him in her FlashForward. So... there could be a loophole in the whole "flashforward" phenomenon. Like, when two people share the same flashforward, then it's guaranteed to happen, but when two people have conflicting flashforwards, then there's a critical action that can affect whether the future occurs or not? I'm just thinking out loud.... :sorry:

Yeah that's who I meant - I'm going to be horrible at names for a while, too many characters. :D

But yeah, that wasn't the guy at the ballpark, so that's where I got confused. That's a good thought about the conflicting flashes!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I was thinkin' that he was just lying. Like maybe he saw something horrific that he didn't want to share.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My only concern is what they will do after April 29, 2010. (That's a Thursday, by the way, and the first day of May sweeps -- I smell a big season finale brewing!) Once they know what happens on the day of the flash, will there be another flash? I hope they can keep it going, because I'm really looking forward to seeing how this all
I wonder if it's a one season only show. The selection of 4/29 does seem deliberate. And the whole premis seems to be one big foreshadow.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What did you all think about last night's episode?

D. Gibbons is a bad, bad man. That whole showdown in the warehouse was creepy.

I'm wondering if both the little girl and the boy in the hospital had the same flash, if maybe they are kidnapped by D. Gibbons. All we know about her flash is that there are "no more good days" right?

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I have a theory about Mark and Olivia.

Their flashes are real, but not what they think. Mark was drinking gingerale out of a tumbler as if it were scotch. Sort of going thru the motions. I bet it's gingerale in the flask.

Obviously Olivia and the little girl have some sort of relationship with the boy and his dad. But, that doesn't necessarily exclude Mark. I think he's still around, and they just happen to "take in" the boy and his dad for reasons yet disclosed. Like they've nowhere else to stay.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have a theory about Mark and Olivia.

Their flashes are real, but not what they think. Mark was drinking gingerale out of a tumbler as if it were scotch. Sort of going thru the motions. I bet it's gingerale in the flask.

Obviously Olivia and the little girl have some sort of relationship with the boy and his dad. But, that doesn't necessarily exclude Mark. I think he's still around, and they just happen to "take in" the boy and his dad for reasons yet disclosed. Like they've nowhere else to stay.

That's a really good point. It brings up an interesting question of what people *think* the future will be, and whether or not their own actions bring about a future that didn't *have* to be because it's what they were expecting.

Do we see the kid's father in bed with Olivia? I know he is walking away from the bed but do we ever actually see them in bed? I don't think so.

Upvote 0