Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Over the years I have seen the movie and various stage productions of the wonderful movie: Fiddler On The Roof many times. I highly recommend it to all saints of God who value the Old Testament ---though we are not of their old religion. It always inspires me, as seeing the struggle of faithful Old Testament saints in this age of Grace, and in a world which mostly disdains the Jews and even persecutes them.

It is a musical with a touching story of struggle, while seeking to obey God. The sad thing for us who know the Lord Jesus as our Savior and Lord, is how the fundamental OT saints struggle under persecutions without their Messiah, being truly faithful in their religious endeavors. Christians have known persecutions in places in this age, yet the Jews continue to be somewhat outcasts, and will until they acknowledge their Messiah has in fact come to this world, and tried to show Himself to them.

If you have an opportunity to see this production, I believe it will touch your heart, as seeing how hard it is to live for God in some places even in this time.

SweetPeach

"From tiny experiences we build cathedrals."
Dec 9, 2016
Georgia
✟18,048.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Having both been in a production of Fiddler and watched the movie many, many times, I agree wholeheartedly with this post (even if it was posted a while ago)! The story is beautiful and the songs never fail to get me dancing and singing along.. I would love to see it on Broadway one day.

Upvote 0